More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:52:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims 2 Exception in Kernelbase.dll
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims 2 Exception in Kernelbase.dll  (Read 4734 times)
oldprydefan
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Sims 2 Exception in Kernelbase.dll
« on: 2010 August 20, 01:36:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Much as it pains the hell out of me to delurk, I'm sick of screwing around with this game.  Spent most of yesterday tracking down a Sims 2 access violation error to what seemed to be a faulty thumb drive Windows 7 was using for readyboost.  Got that handled, turned off crappy superfetch and readyboost, everything seemed fine after.  Then today, during an otherwise normal play session, I get hit with an app crash as I'm trying to save.  The log indicates it's an exception of some sort in C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll.

Before that, I'd already saved several times with no problems, everything else about the game was running fine, no error popups, etc.  After the crash, I've tried it with CC, without CC, on a two different residential and one apartment lot, all with the same basic results:  Saving is a crap shoot.  It might save, it might crash, there's no rhyme or reason other than it will crash if I play long enough and continue saving periodically.  This is my only neighborhood in my documents folder at the moment, I'm playing on Windows 7 64bit with Sims 2 set to run in XP compatibility mode so it'll actually run.  I've exempted the game from data execution prevention, turned off unneeded background programs, scanned for viruses and anything else I can think of that might help, but no luck.  My system specs are plenty adequate and I've been running he game on this system for nearly 2 years with no issues until now.   

The only other guesses I can make are that either my registry or part of the Window 7 system itself has somehow gotten corrupted, but a guess is all that is, so any help or input is appreciated and crash log is attached.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 20, 02:56:38 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: