More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:14:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Tooltip for CAS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tooltip for CAS?  (Read 4387 times)
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Tooltip for CAS?
« on: 2010 August 13, 03:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done some searching for this & even posted on MTS but haven't had any luck in getting an answer. I was hoping maybe someone here more awesome than myself could help me.

I remember back in TS2 when you were in CAS if you moused over a CC item a tooltip would pop up giving a description of the time (if the creator used one of course) and I was wondering if there's anything like that in TS3 & I'm just missing it. I've got some CC that's missing meshes & I've combined all my packages using the new Custom Launcher so trying the usual method of taking out a few packages at a time would be even more time consuming than usual. (I used to have my CC all organized my type, place downloaded from & even creator on some places. Much easier to sort through but it took much more time to load the game.)

I know CAS CC has a description in the .package file, but I've never seen any kind in game. It seems kind of silly to me to have a description for something if you can't see it in game.

I've got Ambitions if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Tooltip for CAS?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 13, 03:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There isn't. Additionally, no information about the file data is forthcoming, as I have not found any references to how this information can be retrieved. Otherwise, I would make one.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 13, 04:28:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK the description is only there to begin with because all CC creation tools have a description box, adding a DESC or whatever to the file, and they don't bother to tell what can and cannot have a description. So that description is just excess unecessary data, and anybody adding a description to CAS stuff is crazy to begin with.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 13, 07:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Claeric, you don't know what you're talking about. The description is extremely useful for the issues that OP mentions above. People also find it annoying that there's no clear way to distinguish custom content from game EAxis like there used to be with TS2 either, which is something that many people find useful when they're working out what they're able to delete. Just because you don't find it useful, doesn't mean it's not needed.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 13, 15:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am pretty sure I didn't say it's not useful. I said it's a bloat file since there's no way to actually use it.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 13, 22:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that description is just excess unecessary data, and anybody adding a description to CAS stuff is crazy to begin with.

Bullshit. What other way can I interprit the statement above? The user is stating they would like such a feature and Pescado is responding that he would add it if it's possible to retreive that information. Some day when you're an actual adult, you'll get the EA blinkers off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 13, 22:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh Shouty Vole. One day you will learn. Or not.

Besides, you don't argue with the Hindu goddess of knowledge. She will bitchslap you with all 6 hands.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
simaddict
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 16, 01:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saraswati, there is now a way to at least identify CC as long as you have patch 1.12 or above. http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

At least EAxis did one thing right.
saraswati
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 16, 05:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have been clearer. The new location for the CC is helpful, what I mean is being able to tell which CC is which so you know which one to kill off.

I like the new location for the CC, mainly because it's less of a pain in the ass to patch now. You just move your My Documents folder to one side til it's done.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: