More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:56:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Need help with flagrently erroneous sim.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Need help with flagrently erroneous sim.  (Read 2612 times)
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Need help with flagrently erroneous sim.
« on: 2010 August 17, 05:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all, I'm hoping I can get some advice.  After downloading some new clothing and hair one sim who I made over in the cc started giving me problems.  Of course I immediately removed my packages folder, cleared caches and reloaded, but the problem persists.  Basically my last save (where everything was working but the sim was wearing the cc) loaded up without any sim panels on the bottom or sim's portraits on the left.  Only the clock and build/buy/edit town etc menu remained.  The missing sim panels are only an issue in Problem Sim's family.  Switching households works fine, but the problem remains when I return to their house.  My problem sim's household can interact with objects, and even with each other but I cannot select them except by right clicking - pressing space bar doesn't work.  I cannot select my problem sim at all, and when I attempt to control click her through a neighbour's relationship screen it causes the attached error.   I'm hoping there's some way I can fix this, but after the last hour of trying I'm about ready to just destroy the household and move on.  I would go back to a save before the addition of the problem cc but it was a while back and I've built quite a bit since, so I'd prefer simicide.  I'm just worried that it'll be a corrupt neighbourhood thing and I'll have to totally restart. 

Oh and I've tried:
- loading with no cc after clearing cache
- moving them to a new house
- splitting problem sim from hosuehold in edit town (caused CTD)
- editing problem sim and using all original hair and clothes (no effect other than sim's appearance, sim's thumbnail still showing her with CC even after refreshing, still flagrantly erroneous.)
- loading with only AM and trying fix all, reset sim

So my question is, is there some hope for Problem Sim?  And more importantly, do you think the whole neighbourhood is now borked? 
Thanks for any help!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Need help with flagrently erroneous sim.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 17, 12:00:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how you managed to get an object that is not on any lot, but a check for this has been added into AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
justerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Need help with flagrently erroneous sim.
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 18, 01:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, I've decided to just start fresh, I wasn't loving the custom world I was running anyway.  The problem has been fixed by removing my cc, if I manage to narrow down the file I'll hunt the creator down and see if they know wtf happened.  Lol. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: