More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:32:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Frozen at the load screen (and queue that 'Grease' song to give my post a tune)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Frozen at the load screen (and queue that 'Grease' song to give my post a tune)  (Read 18936 times)
ERAsammy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Frozen at the load screen (and queue that 'Grease' song to give my post a tune)
« on: 2010 August 12, 21:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have checked many times over for this exact question. I've found things around the same realm, but never this exact question. And I've followed every troubleshooting step I've found. I started just running through the newest posts (10 pages?), then gave up and advanced search-ed. Still, no luck. I am a lurker and despise posting new posts, but I am desparate for a chunk of awesome in my game.

I have 3booter/fps limiter, I have Delphy's monkey, I have all of the framework (and in the correct places, too!) I think that answers all of the regular 'install these first' hints.
I have The Sims 3 base game, WA, and HEL installed. Yes, that's right, no Ambitions. So The New Way is an obsolete theory for me. The game is patched to the latest (3.5.Cool and I have triple-checked for a new patch, I'm good.
I have taken out all of my other CC (not just the mods, but every drop of CC), except for Awesomemod.
I play on Windows 7, with my game installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3
The game and expansions are legit copies, so is completely clean. No torrenting.

I think that's all the details I can provide about my game. So onto the question!Without awesomemod (and with my huge pile of CC in) my game works perfectly fine, all the mods in perfect working order. No crashes or bugs, just the occasional lag moment. Taking out all CC and putting the newest version of awesomemod in (I've redownloaded it many times in the past two days, just to quadruple-check). Starting the game using 3booter (desktop shortcut), it pulls up the loading screen like normal, but will not budge on the loading bar. There is not a drop of green, just a grey bar. The first three times, I waited patiently for an hour until my computer went into automatic stand-by, and it was still just straight grey.

I can't be happy without my awesome, but I'm at a stand-still. Even if I could live without the changes, I need that silly slider extender! Oh, I do not have the enablescripterror in my files anywhere, either (did a search!)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Frozen at the load screen (and queue that 'Grease' song to give my post a tune)
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 12, 22:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have checked many times over for this exact question. I've found things around the same realm, but never this exact question.

Of course.  Roll Eyes Every Speshul Snowflake insists that their problem is different!

I have 3booter/fps limiter, I have Delphy's monkey, I have all of the framework (and in the correct places, too!) I think that answers all of the regular 'install these first' hints.
I have The Sims 3 base game, WA, and HEL installed. Yes, that's right, no Ambitions. So The New Way is an obsolete theory for me. The game is patched to the latest

No it isn't. SEARCH MOAR. The new way applies to ANY install as long as it is patched to the latest patch for whatever game version you are running.

Speaking of obsolete, that Delphy monkey tool is obsolete.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ERAsammy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Frozen at the load screen (and queue that 'Grease' song to give my post a tune)
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 13, 00:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that you elitists think that cruelty is the best policy, but the arrogance and mass superiority complex shine much brighter than your intelligence. And is name-calling truly necessary? I realise that this is 'More Awesome Than You', but honestly, how awesome are cocky internet fiends that criticize others for lacking small amounts of knowledge? I'll continue to believe that the 'awesome' people are those who are a little less judgemental. I'm going to assume it took you less than three minutes to type that message, although it could have taken less than thirty seconds without the insult.

Yet, I do appreciate your actual answer. I have read that with Ambitions, the new mod system has been implemented. I apologize for missing a vital piece of information, though I have been scouring these forums for the past three days (I assume a total of nine to eleven hours reading, and testing the possible fixes). I'll look, with more detail, into this new system. Thank you.

May I ask, why do you disagree with Delpy's monkey? It has continued to add my basic mods and CC perfectly. Is there something I am not aware of pertaining to this issue?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 13, 01:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You didn't say what version the rest of the games were at.

This has been covered so many fucking times before.  It is either framework fail, or patch fail.

Pull your head out of your arse, stop believing that you have the framework setup just right, and go through it again.  If everything was right, your game would be fucking working, as it isn't working it isn't fucking right.

As Motoki said, the new method for the mods is patch specific, NOT EP specific, therefore if your game is patched properly, the new method will work.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 13, 01:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
ERAsammy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 13, 02:02:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was because I was attempting to play through the Program Files still. I moved them all to the Documents folder, moved a few things around, and it seems to be working. I haven't gotten to fully test whether all of my mods are in working order, but the game itself is loading, CAS is loading, houses are loading, etc. Thank you for the (insult-filled) help.

This has been covered so many fucking times before.  It is either framework fail, or patch fail.

Pull your head out of your arse, stop believing that you have the framework setup just right, and go through it again.  If everything was right, your game would be fucking working, as it isn't working it isn't fucking right.

I apologize for taking up two full minutes of your time. I understand that it must have truly tired you out. It obviously wasn't a framework issue. I mistook the difference in the patch following Ambitions for Ambitions itself.

****edit****

Oh, goodness. Nevermind. Now it's loading a little then crashing to desktop. At least this one will probably be an easy fix.

********edit********

Fixed that problem. Game's running.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 13, 02:37:10 by ERAsammy » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 13, 05:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand that you elitists think that cruelty is the best policy, but the arrogance and mass superiority complex shine much brighter than your intelligence. And is name-calling truly necessary? I realise that this is 'More Awesome Than You', but honestly, how awesome are cocky internet fiends that criticize others for lacking small amounts of knowledge? I'll continue to believe that the 'awesome' people are those who are a little less judgemental. I'm going to assume it took you less than three minutes to type that message, although it could have taken less than thirty seconds without the insult.

If you claim to believe this to be the policy here, then you got what you expected. If you didn't like the answer, don't ask. As for the supposed name calling you are so butt hurt about, "Speshul Snowflake" is probably the nicest thing people starting the umpteenth OMG MY PROBLEM IS SO MUCH DIFFERENT THAN EVERYONE ELSES HALP!!!!1111 posts will get called. If the worst thing you have ever been called in your life is "Speshul Snowflake" you've been doing pretty well.

Regardless, everyone with this problem has it almost certainly due to one of three extremely common issues, files installed to the wrong location, the wrong files installed, or another mod such as Twallan's which was neglected to be updated.

Yet, I do appreciate your actual answer. I have read that with Ambitions, the new mod system has been implemented. I apologize for missing a vital piece of information, though I have been scouring these forums for the past three days (I assume a total of nine to eleven hours reading, and testing the possible fixes). I'll look, with more detail, into this new system. Thank you.

It was in the patch notes from EA. Next time, RTFM before installing something.

May I ask, why do you disagree with Delpy's monkey? It has continued to add my basic mods and CC perfectly. Is there something I am not aware of pertaining to this issue?

Perhaps the fact that Delphy himself has not updated it in over a year and had this to say in his thread for it:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=344611

Quote from: Delphy
READ THIS NOW!

This tool in this particular format is no longer being updated, and thus will not be updated for World Adventures.

I heavily recommend the Monkey Bars installer for actually setting up your framework. This can be downloaded here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=384014

If you have issues with SOME of your content not showing up, this is not a Monkey problem.

If you have issues with Access Denied, see below (or install manually)

If you have issues with NONE of your content showing up, use the Monkey Bars installer as above.

I am no longer providing active support for this program, and it will be replaced in the near future by another tool.

And further, his newer Framework installer tool, which has been updated recently (and would have caught your mistake btw) says:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014

Quote from: Delphy
What does this tool do?

This tool is a replacement for the Sims 3 Framework installer part of the Helper Monkey program. It only checks and sets up the Framework to enable you to use .package file custom content with your TS3 games. It does not in any way help you to actually install that content. It is only a framework installer.

Why should I use this instead of the Helper Monkey?

Well, firstly, this program should work with all levels of UAC, and all versions of Windows (sorry, no OSX). Secondly, it has additional checking of the framework install paths that is not in the Monkey, and lastly, it has support for World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff and the new style mods folder in Ambitions.

So uh, yeah, when the creator of a tool says it's obsolete, it's obsolete.

Fixed that problem. Game's running.

And all of this due to the fact that you didn't install your mods properly because you failed to RTFM on your patch. Instead you felt the need to come here and ask the same question that has been asked multiple times and then give us your shitty sarcasm and righteous indignation that we didn't drop everything and fix a mistake made by laziness on your part.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 13, 10:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it was because I was attempting to play through the Program Files still. I moved them all to the Documents folder, moved a few things around, and it seems to be working.

Actually, dickwad, although we don't advertise it to the retards too much (too confusing for the poor lambs), many of us are STILL running our mods through program files with no problems whatsoever. So, once again, your fail.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ERAsammy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 13, 13:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the other ones (mods/CC) worked just fine through program files, just not awesomemod.

Actually, you did drop everything, so that you could answer my question and insult me. I wasn't offended, I am just pointing out that, well, there is no real purpose in being cruel. You say a few 'meanie' things, answer my question. No skin off my back. I do often feel bad for the other question-askers that you all regularly insult, as many of them aren't expecting it. As a lurker, the oncoming situation was obvious. But, nevermind this. The whole topic is moot, and useless.

I never said that my question was different, just that I couldn't make it work.

It crashed to desktop when I attempted to move a family into a house. But whatever. More tinkering will fix all problems. Except an overheated laptop. Once it's fried, it's fried.

Thanks for the monkey link. I knew about the new one, but I normally install my files myself anyways, so never really bothered changing.

*I've been meaning to ask, would it be possible to run it from both sides? Awesomemod in the Docs, all of the rest in the Program Files? If they both have the resource.cfg files, would it take them all from both folders?*
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 13, 14:10:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't offended, I am just pointing out that, well, there is no real purpose in being cruel.
It's sort of an end in itself.

I do often feel bad for the other question-askers that you all regularly insult, as many of them aren't expecting it.
If they'd read the stickied post that says FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING, or don't complain when people insult you, n00b, they'd be expecting it.  So, fuck them.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 13, 14:14:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't offended,

Anyone else ever noticed how the ones trying to convince us they aren't offend are the ones acting most offended?
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 13, 14:31:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't offended,

Anyone else ever noticed how the ones trying to convince us they aren't offend are the ones acting most offended?

Yeah
ERAsammy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 13, 15:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I was laughing and reading it to my friend. No offense taken. Just losing faith in humanity. Normal stuff.

I'd like to question when n00b changed from 'a person who is new at something and clueless' to 'a person the 'leetz deem unworthy'.

Anyway, I'm gonna go play my game now. Nice to meet you all. And thanks.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 13, 15:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to question when n00b changed from 'a person who is new at something and clueless' to 'a person the 'leetz deem unworthy'.

On MATY, that usually happens shortly after the n00b posts.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 13, 15:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I was laughing and reading it to my friend. No offense taken. Just losing faith in humanity. Normal stuff.

Whatever
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 August 13, 16:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the other ones (mods/CC) worked just fine through program files, just not awesomemod.

Then you were still doing it wrong. Most likely you didn't copy the dll over to the directory of whatever version of the game exe you were running or you didn't update one of your mods or something of that sort. Regardless, as Witch pointed out the old method still does work and many people still run their game that way. The new way just has no dll to worry about and you won't have to mess around with anything when you add another expansion so I tend to try to push those who have issues in that direction.

Actually, you did drop everything, so that you could answer my question and insult me.

Don't flatter yourself.  And again I must point out the one term I used that even qualifies as an insult, is relatively minor. If you get so bent out of shape and butthurt over being called a Speshul Snowflake you've got a pretty thin skin indeed and will have a lot of problems in life. 'Oh noes! That person gave me a dirty look! I must have justice!'

I wasn't offended

Yeah you were. In your own special won't shut the fuck up, have to have to last word, haughtily tell us how we really are way, you were offended. If you didn't give a shit, we wouldn't still be having this conversation so regardless of whatever bullshit you peddle to everyone else and yourself, you were offended.

I am just pointing out that, well, there is no real purpose in being cruel.

Okay cruel is chaining up someone and torturing them. Calling some person on the internet "Speshul Snowflake" is hardly cruel. Don't be dramatic.

You say a few 'meanie' things, answer my question. No skin off my back.

And again I say then why are you still talking about it?

I do often feel bad for the other question-askers that you all regularly insult, as many of them aren't expecting it. As a lurker, the oncoming situation was obvious.

And here we come to the excuse. It wasn't for me, it was for all those who will come after me. Think of the children!

You are just a regular Mother Theresa.

But, nevermind this. The whole topic is moot, and useless.

Agreed and fine by mine. However something tells me we haven't heard the last from you complaining about how terrible and cruel we are, but of course you weren't offended at all.

I never said that my question was different, just that I couldn't make it work.

You said you never found your question asked, ergo your question is different. And by the way, 80% of these sorts of posts were exactly your problem. Some sort of framework fail. It wasn't awesomemod because when you moved it to My Documents and set it up the new way it works. The old way still works, you just didn't do it right and then assumed your problem was different from everyone else who asked the same damned thing.

Quote from: Speshul Snowflake
Yes, I have checked many times over for this exact question. I've found things around the same realm, but never this exact question.

Thanks for the monkey link. I knew about the new one, but I normally install my files myself anyways, so never really bothered changing.

Really, that's interesting because...

I have Delphy's monkey

*I've been meaning to ask, would it be possible to run it from both sides? Awesomemod in the Docs, all of the rest in the Program Files? If they both have the resource.cfg files, would it take them all from both folders?*

You could try it, but I wouldn't recommend it. It would be completely redundant and unnecessary. Also a possible source for conflicts. I can't understand why someone would want to to such a thing.

Oh noes someone was mean to me on the internet! The human race is evil and must be destroyed!

Actually, Pescado would quite agree with that second sentence.

The 'leetz' as you call them here aren't arbitrarily putting themselves above anyone else just because. People here value reading manuals and instructions, searching and figuring things out on your own. If you've done all that and still feel you must ask, make sure your question hasn't been asked already (regardless of what you think yours has; in fact it's the most common question) and give as much information as possible.

Also, questions should generally be limited to problems once Awesomemod is running and posted within the existing Awesomemod bugs thread.

Getting Awesomemod to load in the first place is an issue of making sure your setup is correctly configured to run mods. We are not the EA help desk and we don't exist to get everyone's Sims install setup correctly. There are plenty of other places for that sort of thing, not the least of which is a very extensive, easy to understand Help section at Mod the Sims which I keep linking to but people would rather post here for a spoon fed answer than to go take the time to read. They also tend to jump to conclusions and make assumptions without really researching something (ie the new way to install mods is just for Ambitions). These sorts of people are the ones who get called out and told to figure it out on their own.

Plenty of people, including *gasp* noobs have posted bug reports in the Awesomemod bug report thread and no one said boo to them. They are following the conventions of the board and working within its framework. You are not and if you lurked so much as you claimed you would know this.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. I'm sure you'll be back again to tell us how we really are.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 August 13, 16:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May I ask, why do you disagree with Delpy's monkey?

Totally the best part of this thread.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 September 01, 04:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the object of these Forums is to help people, why do so many of you feel that it is instead a soapbox to stand on and throw rotten vegies at the poor little peasants that come to beg for your wisdom? You quote Delphy to explain your wickedness but I don't see the insults, name-calling or abusive language in those posts, only yours. If you don't want to help someone, then why are you reading the posts? You know exactly that they are bids for assistance so, if you feel they are beneath you, peddle your wares elsewhere and let someone who is kind enough to help, do so! We are already frustrated - your insults are irrelevant.

Sorry but the only smelly, rotten things in Denmark are those nasty insults.
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 September 01, 04:30:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reasoning is simple. THE ANSWERS ARE OUT THERE. Yet people seem to be unable to search for them. They then feel like their problem is the most important thing in the lives of all those on the forum and clutter this place with useless and redundant posts (this one is no exception) which makes it more difficult for those who WANT TO HELP THEMSELVES. Spoon-feeding does nothing but make them think it's OK and their next "how ausom mode get instal?!1?" question will be in the form of another new thread in an already cluttered forum. Sporking and general hurling of insults results in butthurt, souping, and, of course, MOAR FIGHT. Is that not the recipe for fun?

If your dog shits on the carpet, do you pet him and say "Good boy!"?

In case all of this was TL;DR for some (I know they're out there), I direct you to the second post in this thread:

Of course.  Roll Eyes Every Speshul Snowflake insists that their problem is different!

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 September 01, 04:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the object of these Forums is to help people,

I have always wondered where people get these ideas.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 September 01, 04:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the object of these Forums is to help people, why do so many of you feel that it is instead a soapbox to stand on and throw rotten vegies at the poor little peasants that come to beg for your wisdom? You quote Delphy to explain your wickedness but I don't see the insults, name-calling or abusive language in those posts, only yours. If you don't want to help someone, then why are you reading the posts? You know exactly that they are bids for assistance so, if you feel they are beneath you, peddle your wares elsewhere and let someone who is kind enough to help, do so! We are already frustrated - your insults are irrelevant.

Oh, fuck you and the white horse you charged in on.  We DO help people who have problems that haven't already been discussed to death, but when someone clearly did not do their homework and/or is too lazy to make even the slightest attempt at helping themselves, they're going to get sporked mercilesslly.  Perhaps you should take a peek at the FAQ and then go BAWWWWWing back to whatever sheltered existence spawned you.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
columbia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 September 01, 05:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know the subject line, you know what the OP is asking, yet you can't help yourselves from getting involved....much like sticking your finger into an electrical socket. i think it's pretty clear WHO the idiot is!  Grin

Again, since you so obviously lack the desire to truly help someone, why aren't you doing something better with your time?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 September 01, 05:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only idiot here is the one who keeps posting the same fucking thing in every thread. Knock it off.

I sing along with elevator music.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 September 01, 06:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Idiot.

You know the subject line, you know what the OP is asking, yet you can't help yourselves from getting involved....much like sticking your finger into an electrical socket. i think it's pretty clear WHO the idiot is!  Grin

Again, since you so obviously lack the desire to truly help someone, why aren't you doing something better with your time?

Idiot.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 September 01, 14:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think it's pretty clear WHO the idiot is!  Grin

Yes, it becomes more and more clear every time you put your fingers to keyboard.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: