More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:54:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game Freezing w/Awesomemod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Freezing w/Awesomemod  (Read 14519 times)
mollipop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Game Freezing w/Awesomemod
« on: 2010 August 01, 02:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Greetings.

I am nonawesome but have enjoyed the awesomemod for some time now. My game has been freezing (must shut down from task manager; START button does not switch to desktop) or crashing to desktop perodically for a while. Then, recently I installed Ambitions, updated to the latest patch, and installed the latest version of awesomemod. At this point, crashes became more frequent, until I stopped being able to play at all. My game would just freeze up.

I tried troubleshooting to figure out what is causing the crash. Short answer is that with awesomemod it freezes. Without it, it doesn't. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? I can provide additional information if that would be helpful.

I can run the game without awesomemod, but that's just so... not awesome.

Thanks for any assistance.

m
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Game Freezing w/Awesomemod
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 01, 04:04:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm probably going to get jumped on from a great height for asking this question - but did you move your mods folder when you set up Ambitions?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 01, 12:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game has been freezing (must shut down from task manager; START button does not switch to desktop) or crashing to desktop perodically for a while. Then, recently I installed Ambitions, updated to the latest patch, and installed the latest version of awesomemod. At this point, crashes became more frequent, until I stopped being able to play at all. My game would just freeze up.
Are you sure your crashes aren't RAM-related? Because if they've always happened, and installing a new expansion, thus eating more RAMs, made it worse, that could be why.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mollipop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 01, 18:58:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MadameMim - I did remove my mods when I installed the new EP. (I always do, for new EPs and patches so now it's habit!)

Tyrannosaur of Doom - I have 12 gig of RAM. Is that enough? (I finally gave in and bought a gaming system, after Sims 2 ate my laptop.) I figured it wasn't a system failure, since it seems to run fine if I take out AM. That's what is so weird. I took out any other hacks I was running (mostly added sliders for CAS), so that the only thing I was running AM with was no intro and transparent baby bottle, so it doesn't seem like it would be a conflict...

Do you think reinstalling the EP might help? I can always try that.

It looks like the game saved an xcpt file (exception?) to my sims folder. Would any of that info be helpful?

I was wondering if others were having this problem, but it sounds like it's just me, so it must have been something I did. Hmph.
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 01, 19:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Easy-Patch Downloader to force LAA. There have been lots of reports that the game's 2GB RAM limit has caused excessive crashing.
Worked like a charm for me.

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 01, 19:50:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the Easy-Patch Downloader to force LAA. There have been lots of reports that the game's 2GB RAM limit has caused excessive crashing.
Worked like a charm for me.

There's that and the whole DAP nonsense too. Addressing both are probably worth a shot.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
CarnyPower
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
Re: Game Freezing w/Awesomemod (includes personal note for J. M. Pescado)
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 02, 02:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure if this applies to you I just bought both high end loft and ambitions yesterday installed both updated and game froze at loading screen especially after getting a non critical core mismatch error. Finally I uninstalled everything and tried all over again with a clean install got the same thing. I kept reading through posts not finding anything. Finally I tried something that worked instead of downloading from mirror 1, I tried downloading from mirror 3 and to my surprise no error message and game loaded fine now to go through and put all my custom content back in that ought to take a month or two

***note to J. M. Pescado****

Please check mirror 1 maybe for some reason it got a bad copy I've noticed many people are running into problems when they are saying they have tried everything else. Don't know if it's just me or not that had this exact same problem but worth a shot.

I could use a little help uploading local fair information to the database on my website at http://www.fairguide.host22.com
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 02, 08:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the mirrors are resynced hourly, so if you managed to get something bad then, it is probably gone now. Your issue may have simply been a bad download, the kind that sometimes gets mangled in transit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
mollipop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 04, 22:07:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the mirrors are resynced hourly, so if you managed to get something bad then, it is probably gone now. Your issue may have simply been a bad download, the kind that sometimes gets mangled in transit.

Well, smack my ass and call me happy! It looks like that was it. Thanks for the help!
Samantha
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 20, 15:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same issue with the game crashing. It only started when I installed Ambitions. At first I thought it was an issue with AM not being compatible with Ambitions. I've since then had one or two patches and several AM updates. Still, no good. My game will not run for more than a minute or two before it crashes to desk top. Sadly, I had to take AM out, every week or so, I put it back in hoping everything has resolved its self. No such luck. My computer has plenty of RAM, disk space, and a great graphics card, so I know it's not an issue with my computer.
   Also, I've tried all three mirrors, so thats not the problem either. Not many people seem to be having this issue, so I'm not sure it's even a AM thing. I've also taken all my CC out, just to make sure that wasn't the issue. It is related to Ambitions, because AM ran fine when I uninstalled Ambitions.
   If anyone figures it out, please let the rest of us know. I'd love to get my AM back.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 21, 07:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you addressed the RAM problem? http://hokage.org/content/sims-3-constant-game-crash-fix  Try this. I have Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and 4 G RAM and it was constantly freezing and crashing until I 'fixed' it.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: