More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:46:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Switching from single PT replacement to multi-PT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Switching from single PT replacement to multi-PT  (Read 5051 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Switching from single PT replacement to multi-PT
« on: 2010 August 07, 09:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the moment I use a single PT replacement hack (the default sim gets replaced, that's it) but I'm looking into getting a multi-PT hack.

A warning I'm seeing on nearly all multi-PT hacks is never to remove the sim files if you install a new multi-PT, as this messes up the genetics in the game and leads to borked fambly tree business. However, my single PT hack has no seperate sim file that I could leave in the game if I would switch to a multi-PT hack. Would switching mess up my game because it cannot link to the single PT replacement, or should I be fine as it would just link back to the original Maxis PT?
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
Re: Switching from single PT replacement to multi-PT
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 07, 10:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether removing your PT replacement would mess up your game, but I am pretty sure that not removing it when you install the multi-PT hack won't cause any problems or conflicts, at least it if really is just a default replacement.  AIUI, multi-PT hacks override the code the chooses the sim to be the alien father, and don't actually do anything to the original PT's data - they just make it so that that data never gets used.  If your PT replacement just overrides the data, it will just be ignored by the multi-PT hack the same way the original PT's data would be.  Probably won't hurt to run HCDU anyway, though, and you should probably verify with the creator of hack in any case.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 07, 20:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah great, I'll just leave mine in then to be on the safe side. Baa, Rufio!
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 08, 10:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry lol, but what is "PT".  I have been trying to work it out since yesterday but I give up Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 08, 11:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry lol, but what is "PT".  I have been trying to work it out since yesterday but I give up Cheesy

I think it might be Pollination Technician.  At least that's what I worked out, as there were multi Pollination technician hacks/mods designed to mix the genetics of Alien babies to counter every alien having the same father figure.  But it could mean something else.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 08, 18:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is Pollination Technician.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: