More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:42:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What is it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What is it?  (Read 5051 times)
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
What is it?
« on: 2010 August 07, 05:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing this game for 10 years now and never seen this.  I just shut down Sims 2 quite normally.  No crash, nothing.  Perfectly normal game.  I went to delete groups.cache and accessories.cache from my game folder and found a file called TSWebServer.ini in my Sims2 folder.  I've got all Eps and SPs.  I'm not running the noCD crack, I haven't added anything new since M&G came out.  I did a reinstall a few days ago, but nothing else outstanding.  Just the usual game, albeit with a lot less CC than I usually use. So I'm lost.

What the heck is it?  I put it on my desktop and am about to try starting the game to see what happens.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: What is it?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 07, 05:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what? TS2 was released in 2004. How does that equal 10 years?

I sing along with elevator music.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 07, 07:06:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing Sims 1 in August 2000.

Edited to add:
Now can someone who has a clue actually answer my question? 
« Last Edit: 2010 August 07, 07:16:04 by Lerf » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 07, 21:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing this game for 10 years now and never seen this.

This game isn't Sims 1.  It's Sims 2.  You can tell by the "2" in the name.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 08, 06:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing this game for 10 years now and never seen this.  I just shut down Sims 2 quite normally.  No crash, nothing.  Perfectly normal game.  I went to delete groups.cache and accessories.cache from my game folder and found a file called TSWebServer.ini in my Sims2 folder.  I've got all Eps and SPs.  I'm not running the noCD crack, I haven't added anything new since M&G came out.  I did a reinstall a few days ago, but nothing else outstanding.  Just the usual game, albeit with a lot less CC than I usually use. So I'm lost.

What the heck is it?  I put it on my desktop and am about to try starting the game to see what happens.

If it's an .ini file can't you just open it in Notepad and paste the contents in a post so we actually have a fucking clue?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 08, 06:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edited to add:
Now can someone who has a clue actually answer my question? 

Try providing some useful information, other than the fact that there's a mysterious file on your computer and you played TS1 for awhile.

I sing along with elevator music.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 08, 06:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh never mind.  I'll just find someplace that doesn't get it's kicks out of pitching attitude.

Somebody delete this.  I should have known better than to post it to begin with.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 08, 07:03:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh never mind.  I'll just find someplace that doesn't get it's kicks out of pitching attitude.

Somebody delete this.  I should have known better than to post it to begin with.

We could actually help if you gave MORE INFO  Angry!! WHAT. IS. IN. THE. FILE?

Go back to the TS2 BBS. Maybe someone there can magically help you with your non-descriptiveness.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 08, 14:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh never mind.  I'll just find someplace that doesn't get it's kicks out of pitching attitude.

"Its" doesn't have an apostrophe unless you mean "it is".  Hope that information is of help to whatever future websites you take your maddeningly vague questions.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: