More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:22:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  TS2: Open Season on Easels
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS2: Open Season on Easels  (Read 5479 times)
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
TS2: Open Season on Easels
« on: 2010 August 04, 19:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I started playing TS2 this summer (continuing an existing game), visitors on home and Uni lots autonomously start painting on any available empty easel. I don't remember this behavior in the past, and it seems like it isn't right. I deleted all CC easels from Downloads some time ago, to no avail.

It happens both with and without the old CBoy easel use fix mod (yes, I know it is old). Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening (or am I just misremembering how the game works)?

This is with everything installed and patched except M&G and the holiday stuff pack.

Text file attached listing all current installed hacks.

* HackList.txt (8.02 KB - downloaded 507 times.)

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TS2: Open Season on Easels
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 04, 23:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has always been this way. When did Reggikkowinkle take your corpse out of the closet?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 05, 02:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kind of amazes me how the game has actions you never or rarely see and suddenly every fucking Sim in the game will start up.  It's like they have meetings behind our backs. 

And, yes, mine started doing the same thing all of a sudden.  And that was in a completely unhacked and patched game.  I have to lock all rooms with easels or every visitor will attempt to paint a masterpiece.   Tongue
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 05, 02:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it generally happens when you place an object on a type of lot that that object had never yet been placed on, or your sims undergo lifestyle changes, which makes things possible that were not possible before.  For example, I had never had this easel problem, because I rarely have easels sitting around unused, and if I do they are tucked away in the back of the house where the guests were not allowed to wander.  Then I made ascetic artist sim who would invite neighbors over to paint them.  As such, he had a steady stream of visitors into his studio apartment, where there were frequently unused easels.  The easel-mongling then commenced.

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 05, 03:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mongling is actually a direct side effect of anti-autonomy hacks. WHen you add a "don't do this, don't do that" for every thing you find irritating, Sims will switch to the next most obsessive thing to mongle. Try the Awesomeware "Autonomy Control", which will let you selectively proscribe objects.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 05, 18:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it has always been this way. When did Reggikkowinkle take your corpse out of the closet?

When she needed the grass cut.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: