More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 09:55:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Freshly installed game won't load
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Freshly installed game won't load  (Read 4333 times)
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
Freshly installed game won't load
« on: 2010 August 03, 21:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, so I decided to get back into Sims 2, being dissatisfied with Sims 3 and the BugProgression, having lost most of my disks I chose to pirate it. I got a pirated copy of Sims2 Deluxe plus all expansions and stuff packs up to Apartment life (didn't get the last two stuff packs last stuff pack I have is Kitchen and Baths)

I got everything installed (had to download a second torrent of OFB as the one I got first wouldn't install), replaced the  AL .exe with a no-CD cracked .exe and I've been trying to run it, but it keeps freezing on a blank blue screen and giving me a crash error message as soon as I Alt+Tab out of it.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series video card, and I've just updated the drivers today. Sims 3 runs OK with both EP and the stuff pack installed. I don't have Securom installed (I've been through the registry looking for it to make sure)

I deleted the accessory.cache file (didn't have any other .cache files. Also deleted the content registry in the AL folder.

Is there anybody that can give me some advice?

« Last Edit: 2010 August 04, 04:40:20 by Andygal » Logged
Starpoo
Asinine Airhead

Another thing we must NEVAR FORGET!

View Profile
Re: Freshly installed game won't load
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 04, 03:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Maybe it would just be a better idea to have a known stable copy of original TS2. You could ask EA for replacement disks, I was about to for my strange NL disks. It's worth a try.

"There isn't enough neurotoxin to kill you. So I guess you win. HA! I'm making more. Thats going to take a few minutes though. Meanwhile, oh look, it's your old pal the rocket turret." --GLaDOS
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 12, 05:22:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might go without stating, but I had pretty much the same problem when I didn't make sure the .exe pointed to the crack. See if you've done that.

ENFP. God help you all.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 12, 06:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you patch AL?  Also, check your no-CD crack and make sure it is compatible with the patched/unpatched game.

If the game is patched and the no-CD .exe was made for the unpatched version, or vice-versa, it could be causing problems.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 14, 01:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did patch AL, I have the no-CD crack from gamecopyworld, (the 1.16.0.194 version).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: