More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 12:26:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Harvester Issues?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Harvester Issues?  (Read 4955 times)
DownWind
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Harvester Issues?
« on: 2010 July 30, 10:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone having problems with the Harvester? The object itself works fine, but after a first use, a few issues pop up. Firstly, I noticed that I can't send my sims who have used the harvester recently into the pool. They'll just stand there with a route-fail. Secondly, it ruins my affected sim's car options. After using the harvester, the affected sim will opt for the taxi, ignoring the car in their inventory and/or the car in the garage. Thirdly, the harvester becomes an item that doesn't function properly in a sim's inventory as it can't be dragged and can only be used. And finally, it duplicates itself and somewhat fixes itself around the magical sim-world-reset-time (I think). The fake magical duplicate blanks are annoying.

Has this happened to anyone else or can anyone replicate this? While this certainly isn't a big issue since I don't have to use it, I do enjoy using it on harvesting plants. I'm not sure if it's an issue caused by any mods as none of the mods I have affect the harvester item in any way (at least, I hope not) or if it's an EAxis issue.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Harvester Issues?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 30, 10:58:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't speak for the pool thing, but I actually did notice a problem tonight with my Sim's harvester in that he couldn't move it out of his inventory, and he has been opting for a taxi when he has a very expensive vehicle in his inventory....but I didn't put that down to the harvester also in his inventory.

ETA: Once I restarted the game, having installed the latest AM, it works fine again.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 30, 11:20:03 by BlueSoup » Logged
DownWind
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 30, 21:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... I've put in the latest version of AM and it's still broken for me. Affected sims still have their harvester "stuck" in their inventory, can't use pools, and opt for a taxi when there's a nice shiny sports car in their inventory.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 02, 18:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downwind, Pescado updates AM every day or so and sometimes a couple times a day, he rarely bothers to have the post show as new unless he is putting up a major overhaul. So try re-downloading again and see if it has actually been updated secretly.
DownWind
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 02, 19:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the tip, but I already know that though. I'm still not sure what the source is exactly, and I doubt it'd be the AM and I just wondered if anyone was having the same issues.

It isn't game breaking, but it's still very annoying, but I guess I've no choice but to wait for a fix.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 03, 02:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't touched the Harvester and can't think of anything that would trigger such a behavior.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 03, 04:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried pools, but I have had harvesters clone themselves, cause sims to stop using cars in favor of free transport (I'm vacationing with mine now, so they opt for bikes or kenspas instead of the fancy car..) which is really starting to annoy me. I'm also annoyed by that 'starting pause' when you turn one on.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
borsco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 03, 11:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the pool thing, had the sound loop problem too, the only noise was the annoying whine of the harvester and had to shut game to stop it. I also had a sim ht by a meteor whilst using the harvester and their ghost had the harvester sticking out the front of their body- which I found amusing.  Will check to see if harvester still causing problems later.
DownWind
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 03, 20:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... Well, now I know I don't have a unique problem and that the problem isn't caused by Awesome Mod.

I'm quite sure I have no other mods that would affect the harvester item itself, so I'm guessing it's an EAxis issue.
I could have sworn that the harvester was working before the latest Ambitions patch. Oh, the irony (if my recollection is true).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: