More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:11:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Where to find GOOD custom worlds?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where to find GOOD custom worlds?  (Read 158891 times)
Dutchysim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Where to find GOOD custom worlds?
« Reply #50 on: 2010 August 12, 16:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or perhaps it's the stench of some old snoozevadge who is way past her expiry date. Hmm...

The only thing I smell is your diaper, cunt.

Sleepycat, I downloaded your world. It's very nice.  Grin

Now this is getting cheap. Not only do you fail at basic sockage, but grammar as well.
Drop the emoticons the next time round, 'kay?  Wink Your world is still shit.

*yawn*
witchzenka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 August 13, 20:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Claeric's Paradise Lite as the abandoned military-ish installation.  Smiley  You have to pick and choose which rabbitholes you use (via rugs) but that's half the fun for me.  You want to be an astronaut, little Sim?  Aww, too bad.
Everyone's in close proximity and interacts a lot, and since a lot of people are unemployed and feed off the garden, they tend to have time to hang out. I like the no roads, I don't understand why people make tiny islands with roads. 
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 August 16, 21:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/08/16/new-world-for-the-sims-3-redcliffs/

Just recently released, but plays beautifully for me.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 August 16, 21:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2010/08/16/new-world-for-the-sims-3-redcliffs/

Just recently released, but plays beautifully for me.

Bah, it's not even square!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
thecaretaker
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 August 19, 13:23:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simsample made Sanctuary, which is actually really nice, but very large. He also includes custom lots.

"She' also includes custom lots.
littlehouse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 September 12, 17:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes our tards look like Einstein.

Another choice quote is actually the first reply:

Quote from: BBStard3497
Oh I dont have World Adventures.  If I did I would download it. You should make a version without the WA features.

You get that, CC creator? You should make a version without WA because I demandz it!

No use in making fun of that one.. seeing as how the creator rejected that request. The BBS is full of tards, what do you expect?

I actually do highly recommend Neverglade. It's the only world that I've used/liked so far.
schitzwa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 September 15, 10:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded this world yesterday. It is unpopulated.

http://babolatbuiltit.livejournal.com/4586.html
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2010 September 15, 15:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any custom worlds out there with a suburban feel? Sunset Valley isn't too suburban feeling (road layout kinda messes with that feel), riverview feels like a little town, and most custom worlds I've tried are pretty sprawling. I'm hoping there's something out there with at least one tight little area with a few blocks of homes, maybe a cul de sac. Just lots of lots really close together.
Tarise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 September 17, 17:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any custom worlds out there with a suburban feel? Sunset Valley isn't too suburban feeling (road layout kinda messes with that feel), riverview feels like a little town, and most custom worlds I've tried are pretty sprawling. I'm hoping there's something out there with at least one tight little area with a few blocks of homes, maybe a cul de sac. Just lots of lots really close together.

I'm looking for the same thing in a small - medium world and so far, I'm not finding anything I like.  Anyone have something like this they know about?  I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.  I've seen the ones on the BBS and nothing's perked my interest.  I'm not running hacks of any kind just CC.  Thanks Smiley
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 September 17, 21:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking for the same thing in a small - medium world and so far, I'm not finding anything I like.  Anyone have something like this they know about?  I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.  I've seen the ones on the BBS and nothing's perked my interest.  I'm not running hacks of any kind just CC.  Thanks Smiley

Lesson one: DON'T LOOK FOR ANYTHING ON THE BBS.  That forum's pretty much all dross.  I don't know why Claeric doesn't make one himself if he can't find one - he's shown that he IS very good at building worlds.  (Also, you're on MATY and you don't use AM?  You need to install it RIGHT NOW!)
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 September 18, 03:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't encourage n00bs to install something they probably won't understand. And why don't you listen to your avatar and STFU? You realize those crossed-out lips are Pescado's way of punishing you for not lurking. Read the FAQ.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
SimFeliz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 September 20, 08:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't encourage n00bs to install something they probably won't understand. And why don't you listen to your avatar and STFU? You realize those crossed-out lips are Pescado's way of punishing you for not lurking. Read the FAQ.

Take your own advice fuck face.

Claeric, I know you probably wouldn't ask it you were but are you going to give the "suburban feel" neighbourhood a go? I would like to see what you come up with.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 20, 08:42:46 by SimFeliz » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: 2010 September 20, 18:18:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried, but I lose all inspiration really quickly. I am too lazy to actually plan a world, and things I make don't look right when planned, so it just doesn't work.

In The Sims 2 I'd actually take a 20x30 lot and build two homes on it, essentially making two 20x15 lots (before custom lot sizes came around), and I'd pack the town full of houses like that. I loved how it looked to look down the street and see all these little houses in close quarters. Maybe I could do this to sunset valley or something, removing all the existing lots and adding in nothing but 20x15 or 20x20 lots.
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 September 20, 19:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded this one and its really nice .
  You will probably like the teeny lots in the town district Claeric , it also plays well so far no routing issues etc. and the premade houses are really cute .

http://ctnutmegger.com/TS3/Simsville/Simsville1.htm
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2010 September 21, 16:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did any of the Sims 1 neighborhoods ever get finished?

I know one was, but the creator took massive personal liberties with the way it looked, and it was not generally well-recieved because of that. I had one I was making that I was in love with, and it even had all the proper lot sizes. But CAW corrupted it. :\

Edit- woop, I guss it wasnt as poorly received as I thought.

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2010/07/sims-1-unleashed-hood-recreated-for.html

Mostly people reacted to "They made it different..." with "they HAD TO because RABBIT HOLES!!!!". Somehow "new stuff in the sims 3" even manages to justify different road layouts, however that works, and Robodl rears his functionally retarded head to note that "the original only had 12 lots", clearly being a few pages behind the rest of us.

Whatever, it took liberties. Are there any out there that didn't?
bestofsmall
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 September 21, 20:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there is also this one http://www.the-isz.com/theisz/index.php?/topic/6330-pleasantview-world-for-the-sims-3/ which copies S2 and it has the world file if you want to build it yourself too . I think its nice but i also like the one from S1 so.. anyway hope this helps somehow .
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2010 September 21, 22:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not going to register an account and wait two days for someone to approve it to see that thread.
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 September 24, 00:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a good Sims 1 world: http://ctnutmegger.com/

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 September 24, 01:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for coming all the way in from the year 2000 to tell us about it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 September 24, 01:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think even the BBSers would be appalled by your inability to read. I suggest you re-read the title of this section.

I sing along with elevator music.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2010 September 24, 02:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think even the BBSers would be appalled by your inability to read. I suggest you re-read the title of this section.

Thank you for coming all the way in from the year 2000 to tell us about it.

The fun part of these posts is that both of you are making fun of them for posting Sims 1 stuff in the Sims 3 forum, as if they cannot read, but they are referring to the Sims 1 world FOR THE SIMS 3 posted within the link. The best kind of irony is self-righteousness that leads to self-ownage. Inability to read indeed, dumbasses. Did you miss what the last few posts were about? Hint: They were discussing a Sims 1 hood remake.

Though there's still a clear reading problem- as the one they posted is the one I said I want an alternative to.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 September 24, 03:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The fun part of these posts is that both of you are making fun of them for posting Sims 1 stuff in the Sims 3 forum, as if they cannot read, but they are referring to the Sims 1 world FOR THE SIMS 3 posted within the link. The best kind of irony is self-righteousness that leads to self-ownage. Inability to read indeed, dumbasses. Did you miss what the last few posts were about?

No, sweetie, I know it was actually a TS3 site she was linking to; I followed the link.  I was making a joke about the wording of the sentence.  I didn't actually think it was a TS1 link.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 September 24, 03:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best kind of irony is self-righteousness that leads to self-ownage. Inability to read indeed, dumbasses.

Indeed, that's something you would know quite a bit about.

But nope, I stand corrected. I followed the link, but apparently am far more tired than I initially thought.

I sing along with elevator music.
Turd Ferguson
Blathering Buffoon

Solving mysteries in a van

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 September 28, 04:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good god, the drama in this thread is simply palpable.

That said, I do like the look of that Old Town remake. I just wish the lots included weren't so blah.

"There's a deep-seated paranoia that Americans have about not being Americans or something." - Billy Joel

"The problem with this country is that old fucks vote. We got shit to do, old folks don't, the only thing they have to do is judge you and vote." - Doug Stanhope
daisylee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 October 06, 07:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like this one. I have downloaded and checked then deleted quite a few, and am keeping this one and adding to it.
Hogwart's Wizarding World

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/202415.page

I think it is very well done.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 06, 07:14:13 by daisylee » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: