More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:09:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  My sims won't stop staring at eachother, help needed.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My sims won't stop staring at eachother, help needed.  (Read 6235 times)
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
My sims won't stop staring at eachother, help needed.
« on: 2010 August 01, 22:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, so since the new update of TS3, and all the expansions, I have noticed my Sims acting very weird, well most Sims actually.  This even started right after I returned from a vacation in Egypt, and ever since it seems my Sims will not do anything but stand around, with airbubbles over their heads with the rest of the households faces in it.  When I was in Egypt, getting my visa up with my primary sim and letting the others roamed I checked in to find them ready, conversing with the locals, and playering guitar.  Now I cannot even command them to read a book, as they just take the book from the shelf, have it in hand, and then put it away!  They do the same with food, they will pick it up, put it down, THEN go to the table and sit down, and bitch that they don't have any food!

I do have custom content, mostly the stuff EA put out though, and I do have a few other mods, but I made sure they were all compatible with the EPs.  So any kind of help would be appreciated, I'm becoming quiet frustrated. 

Oh, another weird thing, I noticed it first with one of my secondary sims in the household, and noticed it spreading then to my SimBot, the ghosts that live in the backyards, and finally, my main sim.  It's like a disease lol. 
SickLaxBro
Asinine Airhead

Bleh

View Profile
Re: My sims won't stop staring at eachother, help needed.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 01, 23:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are all your mods fully updated?

Did you try taking the mods out and seeing what happens then? There's a chance it could be a corrupted package.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 02, 02:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, yes all my mods are fully updated.  I havn't tried taking them out, was hoping I wouldn't have to lol.  But, weird fact, I just went back on vacation to Simgrala or whatever, and their autonomy was perfectly fine.  My two other sings read books, meeting new locals, and the such.  As soon as I returned from the vacation though, they stated doing same things.  Not eating, cannot read books.  I fear it has something to do with my lot.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 02, 18:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move them out of that lot and into another one, then, see what happens.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 02, 19:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, I will try that.  Is there a way to take you're house with you when you move, or do I have to like...save it then put it on a new lot?  I built my place from the ground up, so I don't wanna scrap it.  Also, I figured out that my sims CAN eat quick meals, but any meals they prepare, they just leave it on the counter and do a never ending cycle of going back and forth.  I did use Supreme Comander on the female sim, the one that was giving me most trouble, and she went along as usual, as soon as I turned it off though she countinued to do nothing.  I'm going to put up a screenshot soon, both my sims are standing across the bed from eachother, with never ending thought  bubbles of eachother.  Can anyone say narcasistic?

P.S. On a funny sidenote, whenever my sims are walking around the lot, they will just scream for no reason.  They walk along like normal, but I can see their mouths going crazy and just hear them screaming. 
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 02, 23:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone say narcasistic?
No, because this is not a word.

I really suspect this is a mod issue, not a lot issue. I suspect your mods are not really fully updated, since you say "as far as I know, yes my mods are fully updated". There is no "as far", there is only knowing. Alternatively, your mods are not compatible with each other.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 02, 23:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havn't tried taking them out, was hoping I wouldn't have to lol. 

ALWAYS test without CC before posting. We can't read your mind, and have no way of knowing which mods you're playing with. As Zazazu pointed out, something is likely conflicting or out of date.

I sing along with elevator music.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 03, 07:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I havn't tried taking them out, was hoping I wouldn't have to lol. 

ALWAYS test without CC before posting. We can't read your mind, and have no way of knowing which mods you're playing with. As Zazazu pointed out, something is likely conflicting or out of date.

The noobtards never do. They are either lazy and expect us to tell them what is wrong and how to fix it with minimal effort on their part or they stubbornly think they know what the cause is so they refuse to do basic common sense troubleshooting to rule things out and know for sure.

Seriously, how fucking hard is it to just move your cc out temporarily and try running the game? You can even just drag the whole My Documents/Electronic Arts/ folder to the desktop temporarily and try running a clean game. In the time it takes people to post and wait for replies they could already have done this and rule out a corrupt install or save.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: