More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:49:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  J. M. PESCADO WILL YOU MARRY ME?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: J. M. PESCADO WILL YOU MARRY ME?  (Read 13201 times)
Tricit
Retardo Lander

View Profile
J. M. PESCADO WILL YOU MARRY ME?
« on: 2010 July 31, 23:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to learn Intermediate Language from the tutorials over at modthesims to get steelbladder to act like PermaClean HardlyHungry. I quickly discovered that Awesomemod has already done this. Well, I encountered 2 game crashes with no explanation (just disappear and go to desktop) and then one perma timefreeze within an evening of gameplay. I am new to The Sims 3, but I love this game so much that I've played it for endless hours over the last few weeks without any crashes and permafreezes; the worst time freeze I ever get without any mods is for 5 or so seconds.

So anyways, I understand this is just part of getting kinks out of a mod. If there is a way I can help send information about these things (if I try awesomemod and encounter them again) I would be glad to do so.

Other than this, I've learned how to get IL files from everywhere and how to find code that I want to find. I am still very new to it, so I cannot modify it without getting a FAILURE.

Anyways, I want to know if there is a way to use Awesomemod's trait/lifetime reward modified versions and play with them. Is Awesomemod too much reorganized to explain this? If so, that's fine.

If there is a way to get data to send in moments of crashes/freezes, I would be glad to help with that also. If it werent for permafreezes (I cannot give up ultraspeed) and the ocassional silent crash, I would just use Awesomemod.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 02, 03:52:02 by Tricit » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stopped playing awesome mod but want to use a piece of it (not to distribute
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 01, 12:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to learn Intermediate Language from the tutorials over at modthesims to get steelbladder to act like PermaClean HardlyHungry. I quickly discovered that Awesomemod has already done this. Well, I encountered 2 game crashes with no explanation (just disappear and go to desktop) and then one perma timefreeze within an evening of gameplay.
I have never encountered any of these, so I suspect the problem is your config. AwesomeMod has been fairly stable for me and pretty much never crashes at this point. Even though I am constantly messing with it.

So anyways, I understand this is just part of getting kinks out of a mod. If there is a way I can help send information about these things (if I try awesomemod and encounter them again) I would be glad to do so.
If you know what you did or what was going on in your neighborhood when something like this happens, let me know.

Anyways, I want to know if there is a way to use Awesomemod's trait/lifetime reward modified versions and play with them. Is Awesomemod too much reorganized to explain this? If so, that's fine.
Well, you COULD, but if even basic MSIL modding eludes you, you probably won't have much luck with it. There is nothing in the usage policy ("Meh.") that forbids the attempt, but if you try, I bet you'll find out just how much fun this part is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tricit
Retardo Lander

View Profile
Re: Stopped playing awesome mod but want to use a piece of it (not to distribute)
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 01, 23:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The random drops, I forgot already what happened, but I certainly remember what was going on during the permafreeze. I was going ultraspeed through my sim's work. I can't play without ultraspeed, so if I have to make a choice, I go with ultraspeed... but I do have some households of just 1 sim, so I ultraspeed a lot sometimes. His career is military.

I am playing Awesomemod again, it's simply too awesome. Here is a list of other custom content I have. If you don't mind, you could tell me if there are better versions, or how to make it work in Awesomemod if it already does. For example, getting rid of blurrs did not happen when I used the config to turn it off. I think it says Disable blurs, and I put enable, because I assumed enabling the disable meant disabling it.

1. Buzz' Clean House for Everyone

2. HL Curtin Default BASE (To place curtains where ever I want)

3. Johna's Slider Hack, slider base, and all his additional CAS sliders.

4. LadyFrontbum's Naughty and Nice male and female skintones (body only)

5. no intros (via wikilink in modthesims)

6. no Mosaics AMB, (I think this is also in your mod but I never bothered how to turn it on. When I first used your config to turn it on, the blur stayed, I currently play without your config to see if that's more stable)

7. Slam V2 Lifespan 10 (Peta), + Real Life + No CAS Staggering

8. Rez Delnava's CAS UI  5x10 Double Slider
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stopped playing awesome mod but want to use a piece of it (not to distribute
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 01, 23:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7. Slam V2 Lifespan 10 (Peta), + Real Life + No CAS Staggering[/quot]
I'd recommend "Rule of 6" from here instead.

8. Rez Delnava's CAS UI  5x10 Double Slider
I'd recommend tossing this: AwesomeMod has this feature already, and using both at once would likely result in peculiar results.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tricit
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 01, 23:54:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

7. Slam V2 Lifespan 10 (Peta), + Real Life + No CAS Staggering[/quot]
I'd recommend "Rule of 6" from here instead.

8. Rez Delnava's CAS UI  5x10 Double Slider
I'd recommend tossing this: AwesomeMod has this feature already, and using both at once would likely result in peculiar results.
awesoeum. I'll just take it out and put nothing in. I turn off aging anyways and force aging when I want with cakes anyways. With all their advanced technology in the game, I just assume that's more realistic.

Anyways, I got the peta mainly for the LONG lifespan (which keeps senior death rates to counter a town of old people), but I'll take it out until I decide I want to go back in time to when people died again.

--edit-- Using it with your defaults and taking out those two mods (although I think moreso just the conflicting mod, not the peta age mod) has yielded delightful results.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 02, 02:15:50 by Tricit » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
Re: J. M. PESCADO WILL YOU MARRY ME?
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 02, 06:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread just got a tiny bit creepy. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 02, 07:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the Mrs. would have something to say about that. One could always attempt to engage her in mortal combat, but the odds of winning such an endeavor are not good.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 02, 07:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread just got a tiny bit creepy. 

Only a tiny bit?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 02, 08:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YOUR HEAD IS STILL TOO FAT, you know.

Tricit
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 02, 13:37:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

geeze guys I was just trying to show my inappropriate affection which developed as a result of him fixing my game.
Mooingloudly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 02, 16:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without a doubt creepy. But this whole forum is creepily endearing anyway. Not to mention this thread turned to be beneficial as I didn't know we didn't need Rez Delnava's CAS UI  5x10 Double Slider with the Awesome Sauce. With that  I will now go back into my cave. Carry on!
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 02, 18:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

geeze guys I was just trying to show my inappropriate affection which developed as a result of him fixing my game.

Please read the FAQ, HAMTARD.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 12, 07:44:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the double slider mod and was unable to use custom skins?
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 12, 14:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted the double slider mod and was unable to use custom skins?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you accidentally deleted the UI skintone box upgrade instead of the double slider mod.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: