More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:09:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AM not running on vanilla?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AM not running on vanilla?  (Read 10232 times)
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
AM not running on vanilla?
« on: 2010 July 31, 13:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reinstalled sims 3, only base game, on a new computer. Before I had all expansion packs, and Am worked like a charm! Now, I get stuck at loading. I've installed the framework and packages just like I had done them before, so I'm wondering if the latest Am won't work on only base game?

All your base are belong to us.
DJKID
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: AM not running on vanilla?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 31, 13:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM works just fine with only the base game, assuming you've patched it to the latest edition.

Sounds like a framework issue though. Are you putting AM in My Documents or in ye olde Program Files?

"Please proceed into Android Hell."
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 31, 21:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put it in me olde place, like I always have, wich has worked for me until my failish re-install. It's been working with WA, HELS and AMB, just a couple of days ago, but crapped up as soon as i re-installed. I spent most of the day trying to get it to work, only accomplishing nerdrage pms-style.

Kiirkas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 31, 23:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just on the off chance... if you're re-installing on a new computer, was it the kind of upgrade where you also transferred everything in your My Documents folder?  If so, did you also transfer your Electronic Arts folder as part of the process?  If they are present, your old game files will interfere with your new installation, since you've backtracked from having expansions installed to just the base game for now.
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 31, 23:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nar, everything has been removed properly before installation, so that's not an issue.

Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 01, 00:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you grab the right copy of Resource.cfg? I had to reinstall Sims 3 a couple weeks ago (ridiculous amounts of patching failure *sigh*). Spent about two hours trying to figure out why AM suddenly wouldn't work before I realized I'd downloaded the old Resource instead of the new one.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 01, 01:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the framework and packages just like I had done them before, so I'm wondering if the latest Am won't work on only base game?

Obviously you haven't, otherwise it would be fucking working.

I have reinstalled several time, the most recent being yesterday after getting a new hard drive, reinstalled, added framework, and game runs perfectly fine, first time.  It is very, very easy to screw up the framework, especially the old method.  You only need to miss one file, or place one file in the wrong spot, or grab the wrong file and it won't work.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 01, 13:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you grab the right copy of Resource.cfg?

I downloaded everything from the "Shiny" page. That should be the newest ones?

Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 01, 13:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is very, very easy to screw up the framework, especially the old method.  You only need to miss one file, or place one file in the wrong spot, or grab the wrong file and it won't work.

.pacage files in Mods-pacages, resource file in directory, .ddl file in Bin. I don't get how I could've screwed that up.

Chandria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 01, 14:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you grab the right copy of Resource.cfg?

I downloaded everything from the "Shiny" page. That should be the newest ones?
It is very, very easy to screw up the framework, especially the old method.  You only need to miss one file, or place one file in the wrong spot, or grab the wrong file and it won't work.
.pacage files in Mods-pacages, resource file in directory, .ddl file in Bin. I don't get how I could've screwed that up.

OMFG! Are you for real? Are you really that computer stupid?  You can't even spell the names of the files correctly, so of course you can mess it up easily!

My advice: Either run the game without any mods or custom content or uninstall Sims 3 from your computer since you obviously don't have the minimum intelligence required to run the game, never mind to try using mods with it!

"Tact? What good is tact? I've tried that on people and they still don't do what I want!"

Originally joined 9/3/2008, then got lost in the purge.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 01, 15:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look just do it the new way. There's one less file to fuck up and I don't think people who don't know what they are doing should be messing around the Program Files areas anyway.

Move the mods folder and everything under it to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/

Delete your old resource.cfg

Get a new resource.cfg. Put it in the My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Mods folder.  Make sure it is one specifically for the new way. If you aren't sure, open it in notepad and check the directory paths. If any reference the mods folder it's wrong.

Make sure your game is patched to the latest, version 1.14. I can't stress this enough. The new method for installing custom content does work for the base game but you absolutely must be patched up to version 1.12 or higher for it to work.

For more detailed info with pictures and a link to a new resource.cfg file go to the Mod the Sims help section here:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

If you having a Speshul Snowflake kind of day (life?) and you can't make sense of the Mod the Sims info or just can't get it to work there is an installer that basically does everything for you here:

http://www.customsims3.com/smf/index.php?topic=2420.0

Lastly, remember that while this is the place for support of issues directly relating to Awesomemod, if you are completely clear that Awesemod is the cause and have tested with only Awesomemod and no other mods or custom content to narrow that down, this is not the help desk for how to install mods in general for Sims 3.. There are plenty of other places better suited for that so next time take your ass to Mod the Sims.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 01, 16:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG! Are you for real? Are you really that computer stupid?  You can't even spell the names of the files correctly, so of course you can mess it up easily!

My advice: Either run the game without any mods or custom content or uninstall Sims 3 from your computer since you obviously don't have the minimum intelligence required to run the game, never mind to try using mods with it!

Oh wow, I forgot a "k". Wow. You really got me there. Yes, a slight typo is really what tips me over the enge of being absolutely dim witted. Thanks for making me clear on that!

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 01, 16:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh wow, I forgot a "k". Wow. You really got me there. Yes, a slight typo is really what tips me over the enge of being absolutely dim witted. Thanks for making me clear on that!

No, your posting history already has you established as being dim.  The slight typo and double-posting are just gravy.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Holyshitstabfaster
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 01, 16:33:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, you're all right. I'm pretty fucking stupid. I got it working, my EADM wasn't updated. Sooo.. Sorry for wasting your time, I'll piss off to retardoland now.

Chandria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 01, 16:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMFG! Are you for real? Are you really that computer stupid?  You can't even spell the names of the files correctly, so of course you can mess it up easily!

You obviously not knowing what the Resource.cfg file is, where it comes from (HINT: It is NOT found on the "Shiny" page!), and where it goes was a dead giveaway.  

Your lack of spelling skills are just irritating.

Sorry, Jeromy, I caught it just when you did! I'm still trying to drink my coffee here!  Tongue

"Tact? What good is tact? I've tried that on people and they still don't do what I want!"

Originally joined 9/3/2008, then got lost in the purge.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 August 01, 16:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your lack of spelling skill are just irritating.

Not so fast, Subject-Verb Agreement Girl.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: