More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:48:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Your neighborhood is corrupt and has exploded in a bfbvfs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Your neighborhood is corrupt and has exploded in a bfbvfs  (Read 41850 times)
Lepz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Your neighborhood is corrupt and has exploded in a bfbvfs
« on: 2010 July 28, 09:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I recently installed all of the Sims 3 games after a long break. I installed Awesomemod, configured that to my liking, as I read that switching households would get rid of certain things, and that would be a no-go for more than one household.. obviously. Everything was going fine, and then I went to China, that's when the world imploded. When I came back in my Police Cruiser (since I drove to China) and arrived at my house, I saw there was another me. This is where is gets confusing and off-topic as this isn't my real issue.. I don't think. The sim that came from China had completed the opportunity to learn martial arts, but that sim didn't have the skills my other sim did (maxed out skills etc). The only difference in the original sim was that he hadn't completed the opportunity, whereas the sim who drove from China had all these low skills. Now, I don't know if the drive home from China was so tiring that he lost his athletic skill, or if it was the lack of cooking for such a long time that made him lose skill points, but he did. I looked online, and I saw other people had this issue. I then did the moveobjects cheat and deleted him. That didn't work because he was still "in" the family whether he actually existed or not. I then split household and my original sim generously gave him half my money. I thought all was good because he was gone. I was wrong. Now before you say "that happened because you deleted the sim", I'm not completely sure this next problem happened after that. I had been a recluse and just went to work, and came home to skill, so I didn't have a need to interact with other sims. I went to the other household and I was invisible, just a green box. I then went back to my other household and went to someone elses house, a premade household that was there when I joined the city, and they came to the door and invited me in, only problem was that they were invisible. I went to edit neighborhood and saw that everyone's portrait was just dotted lines. This is where the actual problem happens. A few sim hours after my save file, there's always this same error that happens. For the sake of space, I'll only paste part of it:

YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS CORRUPT AND HAS EXPLODED IN A BFBVFS! System.NullReferenceException: GlobalFunctions.CreateObject: Object was created but unable to get proxy. Possibly the medator instance is specifiying a script that does not exist. Resource key for created object was...

It happens every time. I don't know why. It doesn't prevent me from playing, but it continues to pop up pretty often. Any idea what this is all about? I downloaded some debugger mod that made all the sims visible again, but that didn't help the error. Could anyone please help me? I don't want to paste my household into a brand new city if there's anything I can do to fix this. Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: Went to China, was duplicated. Deleted self. Didn't work. Split household. Other household sim was invisible. Discovered all sims in city were invisible except me. Dotted lines around family portraits in edit neighborhood. Can fix invisible sims, but not the following error:

YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS CORRUPT AND HAS EXPLODED IN A BFBVFS! System.NullReferenceException: GlobalFunctions.CreateObject: Object was created but unable to get proxy. Possibly the medator instance is specifiying a script that does not exist. Resource key for created object was...
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Your neighborhood is corrupt and has exploded in a bfbvfs
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 28, 13:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BFBVFS = BIG FIREY BALL VISIBLE FROM SPACE.

If your neighborhood goes up in a BFBVFS, it's gone. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. There is no fixing it unless you have a previous back up save.

As for the rest, you say that other people had this problem, what did their solution end up being? Dare I ask you updated Awesomemod before reinstallation? No other hacks that are out of date?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 28, 14:32:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem isn't caused by AwesomeMod, but AwesomeMod can detect it when it happens: It causes an exception that should never happen, and AwesomeMod catches this and points it out to you. Unfortunately, there is presently no known cure.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 28, 20:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something similar happened to me when I went on vacation back when WA was new and shiny.  My Sim died and I was given the option to return to my last save point.  I should have known better; I should have just quit the game and returned to my last save point on my own; I should never have trusted EA not to corrupt my save. 

I returned home to find a doppelganger of myself standing in my kitchen.  Unlike you, I recognized immediately that there was a problem and trashed my save.  It is always a good idea to have multiple saves at key, life changing points in your game.
Lepz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 28, 20:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the problem is, I saw a whole bunch of people complaining about it, but I never saw someone have a solution for it, other than put your house into a new town. I did that and it's been working fine. Would have rather kept it in the other place but it's a virtual world, I'll get over it. I didn't update awesomemod before reinstallation. I never reinstalled in the first place, I just installed the game a few days prior and put awesomemod on it without any other hacks.

That makes sense that awesomemod just points out the error. Too bad I have no idea what the actual issue is for it being caused. If I know what "GlobalFunctions.CreateObject" was, other than guessing it's an inactive sim possibly trying to spawn something, maybe I could prevent it. It's ok though.

I had no clue EA made this game like that. Where you return to your last save and everything is screwed up. I'll make sure from now on, if I see anything askew to just revert to my last save, and save often before doing anything basically. I'm still new to everything when it comes to playing this game for long amounts of time instead of making a sim in 2 seconds and using cheats. I'm learning slowly how I really should be playing it.

While I already have numerous people helping me, I'd like to ask one more question about awesomemod and the Sims 3 in general, since I haven't played this game to the depths I have been lately. I was wondering, when I'm playing my main household, if when I look into another rendered sims house, if they should be moving around or not. I see my neighbor comes home and just stands inside her house until it's time to sleep and then goes to work. They work fine on community lots and stuff, so it isn't a matter of AI not working at all, just wondering if they should be doing stuff visible to me at their house. When I visit their house they kind of just stand there too, occasionally talking to me. I only really ask this because I made a new city and I looked at a rendered sims house and they seemed to be moving about. That new city was without awesomemod by the way. Maybe I butchered the config somehow, and made it contradict itself and explode. Free will is off, but I read that they fixed free will messing with non active sims so that is moot. Turned free will on too, no luck, other than the new city without awesomemod. Sorry for not knowing the basics of this game and what should be happening, I'm just OCD and have to make sure my game is working the way it should be. Thanks!
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 28, 21:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I already have numerous people helping me, I'd like to ask one more question about awesomemod and the Sims 3 in general, since I haven't played this game to the depths I have been lately. I was wondering, when I'm playing my main household, if when I look into another rendered sims house, if they should be moving around or not. I see my neighbor comes home and just stands inside her house until it's time to sleep and then goes to work. They work fine on community lots and stuff, so it isn't a matter of AI not working at all, just wondering if they should be doing stuff visible to me at their house. When I visit their house they kind of just stand there too, occasionally talking to me. I only really ask this because I made a new city and I looked at a rendered sims house and they seemed to be moving about. That new city was without awesomemod by the way. Maybe I butchered the config somehow, and made it contradict itself and explode. Free will is off, but I read that they fixed free will messing with non active sims so that is moot. Turned free will on too, no luck, other than the new city without awesomemod. Sorry for not knowing the basics of this game and what should be happening, I'm just OCD and have to make sure my game is working the way it should be. Thanks!

This is normal.  It is called "Low detail mode".  Most of your neighborhood will slip into it when they are not being played.  Some of the sims will go about their lives, but most will go into this catatonic state to reserve CPU and RAM.
Lepz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 28, 21:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is normal.  It is called "Low detail mode".  Most of your neighborhood will slip into it when they are not being played.  Some of the sims will go about their lives, but most will go into this catatonic state to reserve CPU and RAM.
Oh, ok! I just had to make sure it was what was supposed to be happening. I appreciate the swift response. I shall be off now. Thanks again
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 28, 23:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I returned home to find a doppelganger of myself standing in my kitchen.
It's too bad this never happens in real life. I have an authentication protocol and everything for this, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JamesNine
Blathering Buffoon

Llama

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 29, 04:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever see the movie the Sixth Day, this kinda sounds like something in that movie happened... basically, you lost the game.

More Awesome Sig
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 29, 09:05:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I returned home to find a doppelganger of myself standing in my kitchen.
It's too bad this never happens in real life. I have an authentication protocol and everything for this, too.

Do share ...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 31, 02:04:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if someone claims to be a clone of me, or be me from the future, I have an authentication protocol in place to verify whether this is true instantly. Don't you?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 31, 02:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is why we we're hoping you'd share the protocol - just in case.

Question: are you assuming that clones would have some inherent memories/knowledge that you could question them on for identification or do you have a DNA lab available at short notice?

editted to fix spelling
« Last Edit: 2010 July 31, 14:43:23 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 31, 03:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, interesting clones and future-versions are assumed to know what you know. If they don't, they're not really the INTERESTING kind of clone that needs authentication, merely an artificial twin. This method is also useful for ferreting out good twins from alternate dimensions. I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 31, 05:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if someone claims to be a clone of me, or be me from the future, I have an authentication protocol in place to verify whether this is true instantly. Don't you?

No, and I'd have no idea how to go about authenticating. Hell, if it was my clone from the future it would probably know MOAR than me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 31, 14:46:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prevarication I cry - this is the first mention of the qualifier 'interesting' and it all strikes me as subjective. A protocol should not be based on first determining whether the 'invading force' is interesting or not.

Also, it bears mentioning, that there are a number of sci fi plots based on a person believing the doppleganger coming from the alternative universe is the 'evil twin' and they're the 'good one' and finding out that this is not so. You may wish to add an option to your protocol based on the outre concept that you just might be the 'good' Pescado. Please be sure to have a cast iron protocol (and quick lime) in place if this is so.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 31, 14:55:23 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 31, 18:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume that your protocol is a little better than mine, which involves questions regarding the names of childhood toys and how each one was eventually destroyed in my "experiments". I assume that things of which only I am privy to would work, but considering how bad my memory is, I will be in trouble if the clone/future self shrugs and confesses to having no clue, since that could also be an indication of authenticity for me.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 August 05, 09:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, and I'd have no idea how to go about authenticating. Hell, if it was my clone from the future it would probably know MOAR than me.
Well, see, you haven't planned this out very well, then. For instance, have you considered what you'd do if YOU were the clone from the future? Because at my age, it seems more likely that I'm going to be the one from the future than the other me is, because in the future, I'm going to be dead.

Prevarication I cry - this is the first mention of the qualifier 'interesting' and it all strikes me as subjective. A protocol should not be based on first determining whether the 'invading force' is interesting or not.
Untrue. "Interesting" is actually a technical descriptor, much like "magic". Something that is "interesting" means that it accomplishes its goal in a manner that is non-pedestrian. For example, travelling to Mars in a voyage that takes 6-8 months? Uninteresting. Travelling to Mars in 6-8 days? That is "interesting". Also, your spaceship is a weapon of mass destruction. Travelling to Mars in 6-8 minutes? That is "magic". Being cloned without any form of memory copy? That is pedestrian and uninteresting: We can do that now. It does not present any wrinkles to resolve. It is not "interesting": An "interesting" thing is something that is theoretically possible, and creates "interesting" ramifications that have to be resolved or reconciled. Like the fact that blasting off just nuked the spaceport.

Also, it bears mentioning, that there are a number of sci fi plots based on a person believing the doppleganger coming from the alternative universe is the 'evil twin' and they're the 'good one' and finding out that this is not so. You may wish to add an option to your protocol based on the outre concept that you just might be the 'good' Pescado. Please be sure to have a cast iron protocol (and quick lime) in place if this is so.
No, I'm pretty sure I'm the evil one. Because if I were somehow the "good" one, and an actual EVIL one showed up, I'd be joining his side. Which is my side. This version implies that there is still no "good" me, only "bad" and "worse". I mean, given that if I had the resources to do it, I'd be a supervillain out to destroy the world, I'm pretty sure I'm on the evil side. It's just as well: Now you see, that Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb.

Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 August 10, 14:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define good?  I think I'm good, but if it would save the planet I'd have no problems killing off a good chunk of humanity.  There are too many of us, and most of us are dumb, and most of the dumb ones are -not- good, but simply stupid.

And why would a clone need to be good or evil?  Personally, I'd be glad for clones - then we could divide up all the things I'd like to get done, and maybe accomplish something.  Though, as you say, I'd prefer to be the future self rather then be the one being visited by my future self.  I've a few things I'd like to tell myself in the past to improve my situation now.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 August 11, 07:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define good?  I think I'm good, but if it would save the planet I'd have no problems killing off a good chunk of humanity.  There are too many of us, and most of us are dumb, and most of the dumb ones are -not- good, but simply stupid.
You know, GOOD. Like sims with the Good trait. I am clearly not the good twin, because I have the Evil trait.

And why would a clone need to be good or evil?
They don't. But good/evil twins is a sort of trope, so you gotta be prepared.

Personally, I'd be glad for clones - then we could divide up all the things I'd like to get done, and maybe accomplish something.
Yes, but then you have to sort out all those thorny issues regarding who gets to do which unpleasant task, keeping in mind that none of you wants to be the one to do that.

Though, as you say, I'd prefer to be the future self rather then be the one being visited by my future self.  I've a few things I'd like to tell myself in the past to improve my situation now.
Yes, well, your future self isn't going to stop thinking that.

FlamingoKicker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 September 03, 19:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to ask about the original thread but I recently had a neighborhood do the exploding bit myself and wondered if it was caused by my downloading a sim off of MTS's site?
There were several slider hacks used in making the character and so I just removed all that stuff after I rebooted the game and bulldozed the lot that sim had been on.  Of course I didn't save the game with that sim so I'm hoping the problem won't return but then you mention there is no known cure at this time?  Do you know the cause either or is it just something that happens?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 September 03, 21:48:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cause of this is unknown, and it does not appear to be related to CC or downloads, at least not directly.

Slug
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 September 22, 05:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though it occours to me that having a Clone/Doppelganger of myself may seem cool and would be in my view "highly intresting" at the time. However in the best interests of myself, the Clone/Doppelganger in question, would barely get past saying "Hey there! I am---" before I have taken the top of his head clean off with a 12 gauge shotgun.

Tests are pointless. If it Looks like you, get rid of it. If you want someone to do your work, hire Maids (Sexy French ones), like J. M. Pescado pointed out. If the clone is like you, then it's likely that said clone will turn down work and will give it back to you. Hence nothing would be done.

And as far as tips from the future go. Well apart from it making a paradox and then killing your future self, because your future has changed, therefore making it impossible for him to come back and tell you the said "life altering Tips" Therefore him not actually dying and your back to step one. Paradoxs, so much fun. Really, I need a diagram to show this kind of talk.

There can only be one of me. If said clone kills me first then this rule still applys.

One man asks: "To what end do you continue to live for?" And another answers: "Because i'm a spiteful prick whose sole enjoyment in this god forsaken life is to torment and then outlive everyone who has annoyed me." - Some Spiteful Prick - (Edited: due to a just sporking).
maddie
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2014 May 04, 16:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there still no solutions for this error? It's been a few years since this was posted so I'd thought I'd give it a try.

I've been able to get through most glitches and bugs in the game by searching through solutions on the internet through forums and elsewhere but not this one. I get the same error described above: "YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD IS CORRUPT AND HAS EXPLODED IN A BFBVFS!" The message below is slightly different though. (image below)

I tried using a previous save file that was about a Sim day or two before, but the flagrant system error warning eventually came up. The first time around one of my Sim's phone wouldn't stop ringing and I sent him to University Life and he disappeared. The second time I just quit it without saving out of frustration. Is there any way to save my sims or this neighborhood? (I'm in Isla Paradiso with two active Sims and two pets/dogs.)

Any help/responses would be appreciated.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2014 May 05, 17:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's causing it, because a lot of different things can corrupt your save game.  Use the MTS Patch Downloader to make sure your game is completely patched, and check all your mods to make sure they are compatible with the most recent patch.  If you can't find a mod's compatibility information, toss it; some creators stop updating but leave their mods up, and then a new patch comes out, changes the things the mod affects, and the mod creators are nowhere to be found.  Use Delphy's Dashboard to check for conflicts, and install Twallan's Overwatch and Error Trap to catch some errors before they can corrupt your save game.  Watch out for core mods.  With the notable exception of Awesomemod and Error Trap -- which are two core mods that can work together -- you can usually only have one core mod per game.

Even hair and clothing mods can mess up your game if you're not careful.  Those weeaboo hair and outfit downloads are notorious for being sloppy and game-borking.  If you find you download a lot of giant hair helmets from Peggy Sims and her ilk, build a huge bonfire, toss your game in it, and then throw yourself after it.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: