More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:24:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Translation Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Translation Thread  (Read 81015 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
AwesomeMod Translation Thread
« on: 2010 July 26, 19:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Original thread apparently got eaten in a database thread.

Anyway, same drill. Canonical versions available here. No forking permitted. Anyone found submitting a forked version will be nuked. Attach translations below. After I integrate your submission and put it in /str/, your post will be deleted, because deleting attachments that way is faster.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Translation Thread
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 10, 14:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add a _Female definition to the Sacred trait? I've noticed other traits have a key that allows for the differentiation, and it would be something like this:

<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Traits/TraitList:ChosenSacred_Female</KEY>

In the same venue, can I add _Female keys to the descriptions and tooltips when necessary? Or should I post a more detailed request, indicating their exact placement within the canonical awestring.xml?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 11, 07:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add a _Female definition to the Sacred trait? I've noticed other traits have a key that allows for the differentiation, and it would be something like this:

In the same venue, can I add _Female keys to the descriptions and tooltips when necessary? Or should I post a more detailed request, indicating their exact placement within the canonical awestring.xml?
Yes, you can, if your language happens to require it. Keys without them are ones that don't include gendered references in English. If the resulting string is a duplicate anyway, don't bother.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 11, 09:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you can, if your language happens to require it. Keys without them are ones that don't include gendered references in English. If the resulting string is a duplicate anyway, don't bother.
Is this also possible for Supreme Commander Tones/Descriptions?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 11, 11:11:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, presently, the code doesn't feed in a gendered object as an argument, but I can add that.

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 11, 11:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great.
Sukigu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 11, 16:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my Portuguese translation, I didn't add a _Female version of ChosenSacred. What I did was leave the string like this: "Escolhid{MA.o}{FA.a}", so the game would show "Escolhido" for men and "Escolhida" for women (this system, however, doesn't work in all strings). I would also prefer being able to use it in Supreme Commander tones descriptions, because it would sound better for female Sims if one word was different.

Other strings in which I used {MA.}{FA.} but I'm not sure if they work as expected: Awesome/Interactions/StationKeeper:OnQueueReset, Awesome/Interactions/UseBathroom:NotHousebroken, Awesome/InteractionTones/SkillBodyTone:Fatigued, Gameplay/Excel/Socializing/Action:BeTealdeered.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 12, 00:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MA/FA should work now, and this is the preferred method.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 15, 12:39:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NL stringset, missing Awesome/InteractionTones/SkillKungFuTone:DescriptionMaxed.

Paprika
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 November 06, 05:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the Spanish translations are incomplete, I could help. I greatly appreciate all the hard work you have put into making this game so wonderful. The only reason I registered was to help make AwesomeMod better because I never needed an account to download it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 November 06, 05:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They appear to be current at this time, but if you see any Englishness in it, grab the relevant file and add the translations for it.

Paprika
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 November 06, 07:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I'll look around to make sure. I see you have no Asian translations. Does that mean all translations need Latin letters? If so, a friend of mine might be able to translate AwesomeMod into Japanese or Romanization of Japanese. You are a genius and I want to spread the market for your work to as many as possible. I personally know very little Japanese but I have a couple of Japanese and Korean friends that have taken college level language classes so they have good grammar. I am part Latina (only 1/4) so I took college Spanish. I also took Japanese level one so I could better communicate.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 November 06, 07:08:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how to format or read such a thing, so if someone wants to do non-Latinate translations, they're on their own, as I have no means of reading or supporting such a thing.

goatrider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 December 21, 01:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A translation to some of the Bantu languages would be very appreciated also... You people always forget the brothas from motha Africa.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 December 21, 05:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are those even in the game? Are you volunteering to do them?

goatrider
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 December 22, 00:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course El Presidente... but first I need to teach my brothers how to write and read on their language. Then I need to convince their Gorvernments to buy portuguese Magallaes computers. Magallaes, EA and Microsoft will make a joint venture to install Win7 and The Sims 3 on the portuguese manufactured computers. Then you, El President, will created a NGO subsided by Pimco Investsments, that will wash some legit money and spread your Awesomeness through all the African continent. When first step is concluded I will start the translation process.

Thanks for your time.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 December 22, 02:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 December 22, 06:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no expert, but I think that's two pancakes.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 December 22, 10:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe, but then technically, it can be considered that only one of the pancakes is on the bunny's head, the other pancake is on the first pancake.

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 January 02, 13:31:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A request again to make more strings translateable.
I agree that deep-level debugging strings don't need translation, but in my opinion the output of various frequently used commands (fixall, purgegenetichair, destroyallhumans, etc.) should be translateable.

Also, when hovering over a derelict vehicle map tag, the whole tooltip is translated, but "No driver!" is not.
And, finally, these strings, but I guess those are controlled by the game, and not AwesomeMod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2011 January 03, 03:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that deep-level debugging strings don't need translation, but in my opinion the output of various frequently used commands (fixall, purgegenetichair, destroyallhumans, etc.) should be translateable

Also, when hovering over a derelict vehicle map tag, the whole tooltip is translated, but "No driver!" is not.
Noted.

And, finally, these strings, but I guess those are controlled by the game, and not AwesomeMod.
Yeh, those are procedurally generated by reflecting the enums. Will see if they already have a translation built into the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 January 04, 00:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think those are all debug commands and their output is comprehensible no matter what language they're in, since the real information is a number. The user already has to type console commands in English anyway.

Okeah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 August 16, 19:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can translayt to Russian.  Cheesy What do i do?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 August 17, 02:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Err...that, I'm not sure about. You could try translating the file, but presently I have no idea how to read such a file or how to verify whether the file is correctly read, since Russian doesn't use the standard characterset.

boysim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2015 January 14, 17:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder why this hasn't been translated before.
The translation text file posted in this thread is missing some entries.
Since i already translated this for my own use, i'm attaching the STBL file for the PT-BR translation inside the zip file
« Last Edit: 2015 January 18, 04:48:29 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: