More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 19:48:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Sim fails to die, uncontrollable ghost stays in household, can't edit town FIXED
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim fails to die, uncontrollable ghost stays in household, can't edit town FIXED  (Read 4020 times)
skington
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sim fails to die, uncontrollable ghost stays in household, can't edit town FIXED
« on: 2010 July 27, 21:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've Googled around and not seen anything particularly useful, so I thought I'd ask here. This doesn't appear to be immediately caused by AwesomeMod (if I remove AwesomeMod I get the same behaviour), but I was hoping that it would be the sort of thing that an AwesomeMod cheat could cure.

So: a Sim of mine died of old age, and went through the process of the Grim Reaper turning up, everyone zerg swarming to the scene and crying, the Sim either shaking hands, on their knees, or getting scythed, and then at the point where the Sim dives into the urn, it glitches and reverts back to where it was standing. The grim reaper heads off, everyone mourns, the Sim stays in the list of household member icons at the left-hand side of the screen, but otherwise stays where it is, and keeps its stuff. (It'll go to work, but no revenue from the job comes in.) If I try to edit town, the game complains that a sim is currently dying. ResetSim on the sim resets want bars (not that I can really tell, but the background colour of the ghost's icon changes), but otherwise does nothing. fixall gives me a couple of flagrant errors to do with null pointers where object expected when cleaning up coworkers - I'm assuming this is when it tries to remove the dead Sim from its previous coworkers' list of coworkers.

Here's a save before the Sim dies (I think the sim will die something like 20 minutes after you load the save), and here's a save from afterwards.

I wonder if this is anything to do with one of the Sims in the household being in the ghost hunter profession? Turning on moveobjects and deleting the urn doesn't do anything useful.

Anyway, could anyone please suggest additional fixes I could try, or workarounds?
« Last Edit: 2010 July 28, 18:02:06 by skington » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Sim fails to die, uncontrollable ghost stays in household, can't edit town
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 27, 23:03:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Twallan's mod MasterController (maybe OverWatch) has an option where you can click on a sim and destroy him utterly. I haven't used it myself and I don't know if it would work for your borked sim, but it might be worth a shot.
skington
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Sim fails to die, uncontrollable ghost stays in household, can't edit town
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 28, 18:01:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the Master Controller, and although it was no help in killing off my controllable Sim, I did eventually manage to kill off an elderly colleague or three who I think were causing the null pointer exceptions and aborting the dying process part way through - so thanks :-).

I should note that fixall gave me a couple of flagrant system errors which may be of interest:

If the type of corruption with whichever one of her colleagues it was that was causing the problem is reasonably easily fixable, then maybe that could be rolled into a future version of AwesomeMod? It's not Tim Burre, it's one of the other two.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: