More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:24:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Toddler Problems
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Toddler Problems  (Read 8073 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Toddler Problems
« on: 2010 July 19, 17:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Running the latest awesomemod and I've encountered a couple of problems with toddlers:

1. A potty-trained toddler will carry on reading a book autonomously as their bladder fills up and doesn't stop to use the potty. The use the potty action is queued but they can't stop reading regardless of whether or not they have previously completed the book. I have a selection of toddler books scattered around to encourage pre-school reading so am not sure if it's just one particular book that causes this or all of them.

2. Twice today I've had a parent teaching a toddler to talk get stuck at the very end so that both are left going into the red on their needs. The only way I've found to break out of it is to use 'resetworld'.

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
Re: Toddler Problems
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 19, 19:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the second error off and on since the Base game. I always do a resetsim on the parent and that takes care of it.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 20, 05:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't touched anything with toddlers or book-reading, so I can't imagine why that would happen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 20, 05:37:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@cassblonde: I'm pretty sure I tried resetsim on both parent and toddler the first time 'teach to talk' got stuck but it could be that I only did it to the toddler. I'll try it on the parent if and when it happens next and if that fails then I at least know resetworld works.

@pescado: This is the first time I've ever bothered to use toddler books so it could be something that's always happened.

cannedsarcasm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 20, 06:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the 'learn to talk' freeze as well, at least twice in two separate families and save files. Definitely occurs in Base-game.

I have also recently experienced the non-stop reading as well, but I assumed that it was like the exercise bike from TS2. It's just something you can't leave them 100% unsupervised for.
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 20, 10:52:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the freezing on teaching the toddler to talk, it has nothing to do with awesome as I don't have it (sorry!).
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 20, 13:09:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an adult reading a book for work and had actions queued for when the book was done, but the adult was rereading the work book instead of moving on to other tasks. I have always had to cancel the reading of skills books unless they actually finished reading the whole book. However, in the past, I haven't had to cancel the action on medical journals and the other books they get at work to improve their job performance. They would reread the book if I didn't have another action queued for when they finished. Yet, if they had an action queued that seems to spur them to put the book back in inventory when they finished the first read. Might some change to inventory workings have affected this?
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 20, 13:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers will often keep reading until they pass out from too much red. I've noticed this happening since WA.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 20, 23:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an adult reading a book for work and had actions queued for when the book was done, but the adult was rereading the work book instead of moving on to other tasks. I have always had to cancel the reading of skills books unless they actually finished reading the whole book. However, in the past, I haven't had to cancel the action on medical journals and the other books they get at work to improve their job performance. They would reread the book if I didn't have another action queued for when they finished. Yet, if they had an action queued that seems to spur them to put the book back in inventory when they finished the first read. Might some change to inventory workings have affected this?

I haven't seen any problems with reading books at all.  Are you sure it isn't another outdated mod causing the problem.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 21, 00:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a new OMGWTFBBQ for TS3 would solve all the toddler problems in one fell swoop.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 21, 16:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen any problems with reading books at all.  Are you sure it isn't another outdated mod causing the problem.

Edit: I put in Twallan's new master controller and overwatch mods (which replace his old supercomputer) and double checked that the other TSC mods were the latest updates. After deleting caches and loading up an old save, I used Twallan's master controller to send the original Sim, who had read/reread her work book, "back to work." (She had an immediate promotion at work and was sent home early, losing job performance. Then the next day, she still couldn't go to work as it hadn't been 24 hours yet.) Another Sim in that household still had a book to read for work in her inventory. I queued use the toilet next and she did NOT reread the book. So, either it was just a weird glitch when it happened before, the other Sim was corrupted, using Twallan's master controller somehow fixed the problem, or a later version of AwesomeMod corrected it. I might still have an older save where I could double check the original Sim before she finished reading; but, as it appears to be back to normal, it doesn't seem worth the effort.

« Last Edit: 2010 July 21, 21:54:25 by ciane » Logged
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 21, 18:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a new OMGWTFBBQ for TS3 would solve all the toddler problems in one fell swoop.

The babbyQ kind of relied on code from the changing table, which is curiously absent from ts3. mmmm babby back ribs. :9
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 21, 20:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still encounering both problems. Resetsim doesn't work on the stuck teach to talk action, I tried it on both toddler and parent so had to resort to resetworld. The parent then jumps out of the current teach to talk action and the game is fine other than the annoyance of losing all the locked wants. I'm wondering whether this might be related to me running the game at speed 2 almost all the time because when I dropped it down to speed 1 the teach action completed ok. Could it be skipping a counter below zero due to fast time and the code checking value==0 (rather then <=0)?

I don't think the babbyQ would work on toddlers; the ts3 maggots can barely wriggle but they get fairly mobile once they age up although I'm sure Pescado would have fun implementing a cannibal trait.

Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 21, 21:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've experienced both problems, and more than once. The toddler getting stuck while reading seems to always occur for the toddlers in my games. I haven't experienced the teach to talk bug recently (and just used that interaction yesterday, in fact) but reset sim always worked for me in the past when I did have it, so I can't imagine why that doesn't work now.

Wild speculation - are you using Twallan's SP or AM's SP? Most of the time I use AM but on occasion if I want to quickly populate a neighborhood I place Twallan's SP in there for a period of time - I'm just wondering if it could be that mod since I'm not using Twallan's ATM and didn't experience the talk bug. I suspect it's an EA thing, though.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 22, 05:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other than AM, the only things I've got installed are a few replacement body meshes and body/face skintones plus the 4 recent patterns from Holy Simoly. I've never bothered running supreme commander and don't have any of Twallan's stuff so it is most likely an EA bug.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: