More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:41:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Borked patterns?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked patterns?  (Read 2581 times)
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
Borked patterns?
« on: 2010 July 21, 21:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed this lately with people who are making patterns for the game, and this may produce trouble with people (like me), who use packages instead of throwing Sims3packs into the launcher. I haven't tested it with combined packages yet, so YMMV.

It seems that, when patterns are made with only one layer (ie, if you look at the file in Portal, you'll see the image on one image while the other layers are blank), Sims 3 can't read them as package files. It'll just hang as soon as you go into CAP. It can, however, read them if it's installed as a sims3pack via the launcher. Why? Beats me. I'm not at the level of awesome needed to figure it out. I've tested it on a new neighborhood with no hacks installed aside from awesomemod, and I still had the same problem.

I'm not sure why it does this, but I've recently run into this problem, and it's vexing me because more and more pattern makers are using this route to create patterns. I'm simply not installing packages from creators that do this, so my game's fine, but I want to know if it's just something that's only happened to me and not anyone else before I start letting the creators know.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 21, 21:48:19 by Matildarose » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Borked patterns?
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 22, 02:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not just you, it's the Create a Pattern tool. I posted about this in the thread I made ranting about that damned tool when it first came out.

I have no clue why it's doing that but hopefully someone will figure out why someday and make a fix for it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
Re: Borked patterns?
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 22, 06:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaaah. I didn't realize that. Now I'm glad I checked here before pointing this out to those creators- they'd have no real way of fixing it unless they just started from scratch.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: