More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:10:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  New Tool for TS3: S3CE
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Tool for TS3: S3CE  (Read 18962 times)
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
New Tool for TS3: S3CE
« on: 2010 July 19, 00:16:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone!  Smiley

I wrote this tool recently in C#; it's a Sims3Pack extractor by drag & drop / command line.
And I need some people to test it.
But this is the first build wrote.
I tested it on three different computers, also some friends tested it too.

The interface:

• Always Show Information:
    If checked information like how many packages were extracted will always be shown.
  • on Error:
    In case of any error (Invalid file, While extracting, ...)
    Do the selected on the box.
  • Extraction Directory:
    Where the Sims3Pack will be extracted to.
    If the Sims3Pack have multiple packages, they will be extracted to a new folder with the file's name.
  • Integration with S3RC:
    By selecting s3rc path, the program will run the extracted package right after the extraction with the specified parameters.
  • Menu Handler:
    Add/Remove a command option when you right-click a Sims3Pack file.

You can find more info about it and a download link it at my blog: http://awtmk.blogspot.com/

If you guys test it let me know if it worked fine.
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: New Tool for TS3: S3CE
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 19, 11:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great tool, i just wish someone wuld redo s3pe so that when it imports package files, it automatically selects the ones with duplicated INSTANCE. Make it a whole lot easier for deletion.

Top marks too u though.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 19, 13:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Richardmisery, what exactly are you talking about, and why didn't you have the good manners to make this request directly to the s3pe developers instead of bleating behind their backs on another site and suggesting someone else should rewrite it?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 19, 19:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Richardmisery, what exactly are you talking about, and why didn't you have the good manners to make this request directly to the s3pe developers instead of bleating behind their backs on another site and suggesting someone else should rewrite it?

I haven't asked anyone to write anything. Can't anyone just talk anymore?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 19, 19:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely not!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 19, 20:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Richard it looks like you just got the forum equivalent of this:

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 19, 23:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind you he earned it. If there's a place to request things why wander around wishing for it in unrelated forums?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 20, 01:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm. I tried using it, but it simply says 's3ce has stopped working'. Unfortunately, I think this is due to me having the 64-bit version of Vista.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 20, 11:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd consider using this if you add a feature to automatically rename package files like Delphy's. His tool works fine actually, but sometimes extracted houses (I like to extract them and put the resulting package files in Library folder) don't have any lot name. No idea why only some lots are affected though.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 20, 18:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd consider using this if you add a feature to automatically rename package files like Delphy's. His tool works fine actually, but sometimes extracted houses (I like to extract them and put the resulting package files in Library folder) don't have any lot name. No idea why only some lots are affected though.

It says right in the thread where you download the muti extractor:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038
Quote from: Delphy
Added back in Clean Names, but with disclaimer - it only works on Sims 3 Packs with one package in them

Basically what that feature does is that if there is only one package file in the sims3pack it will name the extracted package with the same name as the original sims3pack BUT if there are multiple packages inside (furniture, creepy TSR dolls, other random crap the uploader either intended to pack with it or just didn't clean their file) then it can't rename them all the same name so it just leaves the original hashed up name the game gave those packages.

If you want the file to be autorenamed every time with the multi extractor then clean it with Delphy's CUSTARD tool first, yanking out all the extraneous stuff that isn't a lot file, save it, and then extract it, or just don't get lots from people who pack up everything but the kitchen sink with their damned lots.

markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 20, 19:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

bowrain, exactly what Motoki said.
I would not be able to extract the files in a Sims3Pack containing multiple packages and write them with their specific name.
Simply because they don't have one in their XML I could read.
They DO have, though, a PackageTitle tag to identify them. But they don't serve as purpose for a file name, which could have been specified along with the file as principle.
It's better to you to open the resulting packages with S3PE and look for what you want.

Great tool, i just wish someone wuld redo s3pe so that when it imports package files, it automatically selects the ones with duplicated INSTANCE. Make it a whole lot easier for deletion.

As far as I know, the program automatically deletes the old file that carry the same instance as the new one.
This is the main purpose. That is easier since, you are importing a new file, attempt to get rid of the older one.
/OFF: Are you the same richardajoy from paradox?

Hm. I tried using it, but it simply says 's3ce has stopped working'. Unfortunately, I think this is due to me having the 64-bit version of Vista.

This is probably due to the lack of rights on the application.
The settings are written at the registry, but for the handler I have to access ClassesRoot, which requires a higher right to be able to write there.
Try tro run with Administrator rights or disable UAC and reboot the machine.

I am doing a next build already to include an integrated wildcard for command line.
The single wildcard is done, but I am currently doing for it to work with multiple directories also.
As in:
s3ce .\*\*\*
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 21, 02:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says right in the thread where you download the muti extractor:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038
Quote from: Delphy
Added back in Clean Names, but with disclaimer - it only works on Sims 3 Packs with one package in them

Basically what that feature does is that if there is only one package file in the sims3pack it will name the extracted package with the same name as the original sims3pack BUT if there are multiple packages inside (furniture, creepy TSR dolls, other random crap the uploader either intended to pack with it or just didn't clean their file) then it can't rename them all the same name so it just leaves the original hashed up name the game gave those packages.

If you want the file to be autorenamed every time with the multi extractor then clean it with Delphy's CUSTARD tool first, yanking out all the extraneous stuff that isn't a lot file, save it, and then extract it, or just don't get lots from people who pack up everything but the kitchen sink with their damned lots.

I should've been more clear, that's not what I meant. All houses I have downloaded always only have one package because I only download no cc houses, what I meant though, the lot names in game are often missing. So when you go in game and look at the houses bin, some of them don't have any name, like  "Das Winzig Haus" or "Hagrid's Hut". Some lots I have extracted retained their in game names but the others are nameless. Hope that makes sense.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 21, 03:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should've been more clear, that's not what I meant. All houses I have downloaded always only have one package because I only download no cc houses, what I meant though, the lot names in game are often missing. So when you go in game and look at the houses bin, some of them don't have any name, like  "Das Winzig Haus" or "Hagrid's Hut". Some lots I have extracted retained their in game names but the others are nameless. Hope that makes sense.

That happens to me even when I install lots in sims3packs with the launcher. I don't think the package extractor is doing that.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 21, 03:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happens to me even when I install lots in sims3packs with the launcher. I don't think the package extractor is doing that.

Ah Undecided Any idea how to fix that? I mean, can we manually edit the file in s3pe to add the lot name? It's getting annoying.
richardajoy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 21, 10:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, the program automatically deletes the old file that carry the same instance as the new one.
This is the main purpose. That is easier since, you are importing a new file, attempt to get rid of the older one.
/OFF: Are you the same richardajoy from paradox?

Yes MARKJS, I do frequent PARADOX
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 21, 12:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes MARKJS, I do frequent PARADOX
Do you fuck up your quote tags there, too?
« Last Edit: 2010 July 21, 13:49:19 by jeromycraig » Logged

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Martrae
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 July 21, 13:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah Undecided Any idea how to fix that? I mean, can we manually edit the file in s3pe to add the lot name? It's getting annoying.

It's from the person uploading not putting a name on the lot with the in-game editor. If people would do that, it wouldn't be an issue. The only fix is to edit the information onto the lot yourself while in game.
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2010 August 14, 01:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, sorry for forgetting to reply to this thread.

I already made a new build to support integrated-wildcards.
And some small things fixed.

It's up at the blog: http://awtmk.blogspot.com/2010/07/s3ce.html
I recommend for who downloaded an earlier version to update it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: