More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:22:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  no cc shown in game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: no cc shown in game  (Read 4916 times)
pandora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
no cc shown in game
« on: 2010 July 15, 14:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have the base game and ambitions (+ latest patch) installed, my game is version 4.2.32... i re-installed all my sims3packs, moved my mods folder into my documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 and updated the resource.cfg. none of my cc shows up in game Sad what am i doing wrong?
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: no cc shown in game
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 15, 17:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea.

Have you tried moving the mods folder back to the original location? You know, the place where it worked before.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 15, 18:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See here

Most likely your resource.cfg is wrong or in the wrong place. It should be in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/. If it's there and you are SURE it's the new one and there are no copies of the old one lurking around read through that thread and/or head over to Mod The Sims help section. I have links to it in the thread I linked above.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 15, 23:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have this problem, I always had to uninstall all the custom content from the launcher and then reinstall it... that's the only thing that works 100% for me.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 15, 23:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher has nothing to do with package files whatsoever. Nothing you do with it will make any difference for packages.

If you have sims3packs of store items that aren't showing they probably need to be decrapified. For all other non Sims 3 store sims3pack files corrupt or missing dbc files may be the cause of those items disappearing, in which case reinstalling will help.

Since the OP mentioned custom content disappearing immediately following her moving those files over to the My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/ her problems are completely unrelated to the launcher and in all likelihood an incorrect or improperly located resource.cfg is the culprit.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 15, 23:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quit spoonfeeding. These issues and solutions have been posted before. If they can't search, they don't get an answer. And since Jeromycraig said it better just a few moments ago:

If you had bothered to search, you would have realized this topic has been DONE TO FUCKING DEATH since patching caused the problem FUCKING EONS AGO, and you perhaps would not have felt the need to post YET ANOTHER GODDAMN THREAD about the GODDAMN STORE CONTENT NOT FUCKING SHOWING UP, like every other SPESHUL FUCKING SNOWFLAKE before you.

Just a thought.

Motoki, I adore you, but you're forgetting where you are.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 17, 23:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher has nothing to do with package files whatsoever. Nothing you do with it will make any difference for packages.

This may just confuse things, but there is a custom launcher for managing package files over at MTS. I've never tried it myself.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: