More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:07:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The new Sims 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The new Sims 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK  (Read 66391 times)
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
Re: The new Sim 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK
« Reply #25 on: 2010 July 11, 19:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else have problems using the new version?  It'll start up and let me start or load a new world, but will usually crash within 10 minutes after that.

I'm getting this a lot. Usually after saving, which is really annoying. It's still the same "Attempted to read/write protected data" message like before the "fix".

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 July 11, 19:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I messed with the file a while back, but I only changed a few things in VisitRabbitHole and possibly Venues.  Anyway, my changes were somehow undone by the game and returned to their original state, so I don't see how it could be messing up the patch, and I don't know exactly what part of the file is wrong either.  This is not good.
This is why you always backup an original copy of the file you edited. The patcher is dumb as fuck and picky as fuck. It won't complete if you delete premade library families, even though as far as I can tell no patch has actually edited any of these files.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 July 12, 04:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried Edit-In-Game for the newly updated Create-A-Crap?
When zoomed out, I'm getting this strange sky object (?)- fog thingy (?) that's obstructing view of anything in the world. As you can tell I have no idea what it is, but it happens to new worlds even with nothing in it.

I haven't tried installing any of these worlds yet, partially because this thing is freaking me out a bit, but here are some images of what I'm experiencing:

Zoomed in, everything seems fine:

Zoom out a bit, something begins to get in the way:

WTF?

These particular shots are of a world I was working on, but this happens (like I said) even with new worlds with absolutely no terrain objects, spawners, terrain paints, nada. If it's just me, I'll shut up. But I'm primarily just curious if it really is just me. I've had no other real errors except this, and tried searching for a solution but considering the update is so new there wasn't much to find.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, it just seems relevant although not a particular "pudding."

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 July 12, 06:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no object, that's the max draw distance being hit. Nothing beyond the wall is rendered, so you get this cutoff.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 July 12, 14:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i would just like to ask if its possible to edit a CC world with this?
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 July 12, 17:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried Edit-In-Game for the newly updated Create-A-Crap?
When zoomed out, I'm getting this strange sky object (?)- fog thingy (?) that's obstructing view of anything in the world. As you can tell I have no idea what it is, but it happens to new worlds even with nothing in it.

These particular shots are of a world I was working on, but this happens (like I said) even with new worlds with absolutely no terrain objects, spawners, terrain paints, nada. If it's just me, I'll shut up. But I'm primarily just curious if it really is just me. I've had no other real errors except this, and tried searching for a solution but considering the update is so new there wasn't much to find.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, it just seems relevant although not a particular "pudding."

I haven't had this problem.  You might try checking your settings in the options panel.  I have actually been rather pleased with the ‘edit in game' features since the patch.  They seem to work much better for me now.  I have noticed an increased strain on my graphics card and just got a new one yesterday because of it. 
Viscount
immortelleMuse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
Re: The new Sims 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK
« Reply #31 on: 2010 July 12, 18:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, you were right; it was the draw distance from options.
I had changed it playing various other games while waiting for the update and forgot to change it back. Sorry about that, and thank you for responding to my idiocy.

No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, if a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone-- you answer it.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 July 12, 18:35:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if you also have the editable WORLD File and not just the downloaded world.  Most creators don't make it available because of the time and effort that goes into making a world.  We don't want edited versions of our worlds showing up all over the internet.
aya_alexa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 July 12, 21:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well no i don't have the .world file, and why would someone upload edited version of CC worlds thats just weird.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 July 13, 02:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well no i don't have the .world file, and why would someone upload edited version of CC worlds thats just weird.
People do that, they do it with lots. They will just change or build on the neighborhood a bit or use the custom one as a base. Here are two and MTS that let you have the CAW files, so atleast you don't have to start from scratch:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=390737
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=388263

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 July 13, 11:20:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting this a lot. Usually after saving, which is really annoying. It's still the same "Attempted to read/write protected data" message like before the "fix".
If you're running on Windows  7, make sure that you run the program as an admin (right click on the icon and select "run as administrator" or change your shortcut to always run as the admin).  After I did this, it stopped crashing completely.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 July 13, 21:02:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're running on Windows  7, make sure that you run the program as an admin (right click on the icon and select "run as administrator" or change your shortcut to always run as the admin).  After I did this, it stopped crashing completely.

I don't have Windows 7, I have Vista, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless. Also, I sent in a help request to EA, and they asked to see a log that I can generate that shows specs of my comp, it kind of worries me as to what they might do with it if I were to.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 July 14, 00:43:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn off UAC during play and see if that makes a difference?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 July 14, 01:00:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I sent in a help request to EA, and they asked to see a log that I can generate that shows specs of my comp, it kind of worries me as to what they might do with it if I were to.
OBVIOUSLY they'll use your computer's spec information to send their drones in the night to harvest your organs and feed their insatiable desire for flesh.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 July 14, 21:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I sent in a help request to EA, and they asked to see a log that I can generate that shows specs of my comp, it kind of worries me as to what they might do with it if I were to.
OBVIOUSLY they'll use your computer's spec information to send their drones in the night to harvest your organs and feed their insatiable desire for flesh.

OBVIOUSLY. I don't see how I didn't see that. Pardon my stupidity. Seriously though, you never know, I mean, I trust them even less than before (which wasn't much anyway) after their latest spyware deal.

masonxxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 July 15, 06:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi guys,hey your link is the old one i donwload the sims program one,and work fine,the new caw request the last patch and your caw dont,donwload the new,bye
And the link of CAP is old one too in another post..

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 July 15, 07:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not the old one, it's the new one. I can vouch for that personally.

EA claims you must uninstall the old version first before installing the new one so don't install this on top of your existing CAW.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Zaex
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 July 22, 00:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, have all expansions, and my sims version is 4.0.87.006001.  Every time I try and use the Create A World from this link I get "Your currently installed version of the game is not compatible with Create-a-World. You must reinstall Create-a-World. First, back up your world files and uninstall Create-a-World. Then, download the new version of Create-a-world and install the new version."  I reran the install, to uninstall it, removed the folder, reinstalled and still got the same thing. What do?

NVM, act of laziness on my part, should have read previous posts, someone posted the fix earlier, ill check it out.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 22, 05:09:20 by Zaex » Logged
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2010 July 23, 00:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 4.2 is out...and I think you have to download 1.14 also to get CAW to work.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010 August 08, 03:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just erupted on the exchange. A user said they could make lite versions of the vacation worlds so they could be edited in CAW but OMG someone might use the technique to open someone's precious private files and defile them. The user was so browbeaten, they decided not to share this explosive knowledge.  Roll Eyes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 August 11, 12:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you find any more information about it, feel free to share: MATY is about relevant answers, and how those answers might make someone butthurt simply doesn't matter.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2010 August 12, 01:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if you find any more information about it, feel free to share: MATY is about relevant answers, and how those answers might make someone butthurt simply doesn't matter.
Butthurt is just an awesome by product. I would also like these learnings.

jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 August 13, 00:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I had the learnings, I would share them. I don't yet though. I'm not quite sure where to start.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 August 13, 17:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the poster on the Sims 3 forum was trying what I have tried, which is to import the Twinbrook resources into a test world, using S3PE.

This will allow you to view and edit Twinbrook in CAW, but of course the families will also be present, as can be seen in EIG mode. The world cannot be saved in this format in CAW, and it seems that a way to cleanly remove all sims has to be found before saving will be successful. I've experimented briefly with removing various resources related to Sims (there is an XML, some SNAP files etc.) before import, but I've not managed to find them all- either I remove too much and the world will not load, or else I still have sims there. This seems to be what caused problems for the poster on the Sims 3 forum.

Theoretically it should be easier to edit an unpopulated world, but I've not tested this myself.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 August 13, 22:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you go into Edit-in-Game and have awesomemod, can you use the command "destroyallhumans"?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: