More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 09:02:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Awesomized Neighborhoods With Cribs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomized Neighborhoods With Cribs  (Read 37673 times)
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
Awesomized Neighborhoods With Cribs
« on: 2009 August 11, 18:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new Awesome Story Mode requires a home to have a crib before sims can procreate. Since people really didn't want to take the time to add cribs to all the homes, I decided to post the ones I made for me.

Sunset Valley ASM
Riverview ASM Friendly

These are the default neighborhoods with all the residents. I added at least 1 crib to every household. The crib/cribs are in bedrooms wherever possible. There might be a house or 2 that has a crib in the hall outside the master bedroom. In some of the houses I had to rearrange the furniture and/or expand the bedroom by 1 tile. Everything else is the same.They still have the same amount of money they had before I bought the cribs.

Sunset Valley Empty ASM
Riverview Empty ASM

These are the default neighborhoods without the residents. I added at least 1 crib to every household. The crib/cribs are in bedrooms wherever possible. There might be a house or 2 that has a crib in the hall outside the master bedroom. In some of the houses I had to rearrange the furniture and/or expand the bedroom by 1 tile. Everything else is the same.

*Note: The Riverview requires that you have the Riverview neighborhood from the EA Store in your game.

Installation Instructions: Install the file in the C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves

http://www.4shared.com/file/124394172/d19f8d69/Sunset_Valley_ASM.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/124395459/ca0c93ed/Sunset_Valley_Empty_ASM.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/124396727/7206399a/Riverview_ASM_Friendly.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/124397718/712810ad/Riverview_Empty_ASM_.html
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 15:46:26 by twoftmama » Logged

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Awesomized Neighborhoods With Cribs
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 11, 23:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The empty ones...are they what I'd get if I loaded up the non-empty ones and did "destroy all humans"?

By the way, thank you so much for the Riverview one; I hadn't gotten around to editing my own RV, so this will be quite helpful.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 12, 02:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just did "destroyallhumans" and gassed their asses. lol You're very welcome! I figured since I had set them up for myself, I'd share.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 12, 03:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that took forever to dl.  lol  But I let it crawl allong and finally it finnished (yay!).  Guess it was a pretty big file.

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 12, 04:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah even the empty ones are fairly big. Hope you enjoy them! Grin

edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 13, 08:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not the Riverview Hood in my game and it doesn't matter which one I download it never works in my game. I place it in the saves and it shows up in my game as an empty tumbnail. I can click on it and it seems to load. Soon after I get a message that something is seriously wrong with it and it recommend that I restart the game.
I know that Sunset hood has a very big file in the root game that seems to have all the elements necessary to fire the hood. All I get from this Riverview is a save game that never works.
What file is missing?  I could have got the Riverview directly from Store because I have 1000 points granted, but I cannot download because it seems that it requires the damned launcher that I do not use and do not have in this computer (the one connected to internet) that doesn't play Sims and does not even have capacity to play it.
Thanks.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 13, 15:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to have the downloaded Riverview for this to work. This is a save file, the only way to share neighborhoods, and without having the original in your game it will not work. I'm sorry.  Cry There isn't anyway I know of to change that.

chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 13, 16:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not the Riverview Hood in my game and it doesn't matter which one I download it never works in my game. I place it in the saves and it shows up in my game as an empty tumbnail. I can click on it and it seems to load. Soon after I get a message that something is seriously wrong with it and it recommend that I restart the game.
I know that Sunset hood has a very big file in the root game that seems to have all the elements necessary to fire the hood. All I get from this Riverview is a save game that never works.
What file is missing?  I could have got the Riverview directly from Store because I have 1000 points granted, but I cannot download because it seems that it requires the damned launcher that I do not use and do not have in this computer (the one connected to internet) that doesn't play Sims and does not even have capacity to play it.
Thanks.

You don't need the launcher to download Riverview; search for the links here, download it and copy it over to your other computer. The launcher doesn't have to be connected to the Internet to install it.

Also, I think a random (non-premade) household sneaked into the Riverview ASM save. One of the members is called "Chin-Han" which is a dead giveaway Grin. Anyway the household is called Wheatley and they are living in "Cyprus Villa". Did anyone else notice them?
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 August 13, 16:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have to be a premade family, since none of the made by me sims in my game have that name. I can't imagine how they would have survived the gassing I did in the empty Riverview.....Will check this in game and re-upload if they did indeed escape extermination.

ETA: I just checked, the Riverview Empty ASM is empty. There are no families in the hood. I did another destroyallhumans just in case and it said Poisonous gasses killed 0 asses. So there were no sims in the town. When did you notice this family? If it was after you added/created a family then it's possible that ASM added the family to give someone in your family a boss or co-worker.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 17:14:35 by twoftmama » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 August 14, 01:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@chann: Even if you destroy all humans the game will start to generate at least some new ones. How many depends on which story mode you are using. With ASM and EA you'll get minimal ones but still get some, particularly when needed like coworkers and such, but also just some townies. With Indie stone new sims will be making a run for the border to your town like crazy.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2009 August 14, 02:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@chann: Even if you destroy all humans the game will start to generate at least some new ones. How many depends on which story mode you are using. With ASM and EA you'll get minimal ones but still get some, particularly when needed like coworkers and such, but also just some townies. With Indie stone new sims will be making a run for the border to your town like crazy.

Oops, I should have been clearer. I meant the Riverview ASM Friendly save which has the premade families intact. I'm sure they were in the save and not generated by my game because they have because they have random EA names, and I'm using modded names.

I'm using ASM now and things have been quiet on the immigration front. With the new co-worker system it only seems to check if the active household needs new acquaintances, which makes it almost impossible to populate an empty town with a single Sim.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 August 14, 02:46:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using ASM now and things have been quiet on the immigration front. With the new co-worker system it only seems to check if the active household needs new acquaintances, which makes it almost impossible to populate an empty town with a single Sim.

Yep. It's pretty bad at populating an empty town unless you switch between a bunch of sim households and have them all in different jobs meeting coworkers and bosses. It won't do it on it's own. I tried for several sim weeks and gave up and seeded the damned town myself after a while so that's another thing to consider when deciding to nuke everyone or download an empty hood.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 August 14, 11:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got my nephew to download Riverview for me directly from store. I confirmed the reason I don't like Internet. He got totally excited "YOU HAVE 1000 POINTS! Shall I buy something?" - No, download what you were asked for and get your ass out of there!.
I have enough trouble to teach the kids that the fact that something is available, it DOESN'T mean that you HAVE to take it!

Well, don't know what people has been claiming about. Installed and played it without problems. The hood is more beautiful than Sunset and have most of the Pleasant view missing characters. One more time I'm convinced that the Musical Rotation shall be nuked (by EA). It is meaningless to place a family on a lot, create garden, etc so that they move out to another unmatching lot.
As to nuke (destroy) all the people living there, up now I cannot see any difference between the Sims that I create and the trash created by the game self. Except for names (that I can change whenever I want), clothing (that I also can change), traits (that I can change too). When I can change everything, why bother?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 August 14, 11:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got my nephew to download Riverview for me directly from store. I confirmed the reason I don't like Internet. He got totally excited "YOU HAVE 1000 POINTS! Shall I buy something?" - No, download what you were asked for and get your ass out of there!.
I have enough trouble to teach the kids that the fact that something is available, it DOESN'T mean that you HAVE to take it!
You should have told him that PIRATE CAT DOESN'T PAY FOR HIS DOWNLOADS.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 August 14, 18:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, I should have been clearer. I meant the Riverview ASM Friendly save which has the premade families intact. I'm sure they were in the save and not generated by my game because they have because they have random EA names, and I'm using modded names.

That was a brand new game. I didn't add any sims, in fact when the hood loaded I went straight to Edit Town. That has to be a premade family. I always play the empty hoods and add a few sims I make for my "One" family to have as neighbors. My sims tend to have boring surnames, (Smith, Jones, Brown), nothing as interesting as Chin-Han. Cheesy

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 August 14, 19:38:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That has to be a premade family.
If it is, they don't have it listed at the Sims Wiki: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Riverview_Sims

I'm gonna have to load up your Awesomeized RV and an unedited RV and see...

twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 August 15, 00:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me know what you find. Cheesy

ciane
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 August 18, 23:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a premade family that comes with the hood. I play all the premade homes to at least set them up without leopard spots and tiger stipes together. The family must have spawned and moved in, so they weren't homeless when gassed.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 August 18, 23:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has always been that way. If the game attempted to furnish NPCs with the same, what you'd get is an endless recursion explosion where each new NPC demands another NPC, which in turn demands another NPC...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 August 29, 17:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pay many respects to this download now. My town currently is dead, only elders are roaming the screens. It's almost like a ghost town. I installed cribs in all the houses, but I think it's too late for that. So I'll most definitely be downloading this.
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 September 20, 20:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started playing ASM-friendly Sunset Valley, and I can't seem to have my sim find any seeds anywhere.  There are fish in the ponds, but I have also not seen any insects or ores.  I've checked the usual places (stonehenge, graveyard, science center, etc.).

ETA: Never mind; they're spawning now.  I guess it just took some time for the game to populate the collectibles.
« Last Edit: 2009 September 20, 20:20:11 by Piffle » Logged

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 September 24, 02:51:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad it's spawning for you now.  Grin

Patoloszek
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 August 24, 10:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@twoftmama,
is there a chance you could upload twinbrooks with cribs too?
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 August 30, 06:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@twoftmama,
is there a chance you could upload twinbrooks with cribs too?

Myskaal already did it. "Twinbrook: Pudding Pied".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: