More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:24:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  how to download store items into my game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: how to download store items into my game  (Read 15856 times)
jenjohns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
how to download store items into my game
« on: 2010 August 10, 22:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I'm new here, and hope I'm posting in the right section. If not please point me the way. How do you get the objects into your game. I used to download here before they made that patch that only stuff bought from their store could be used. I know they made a way around it now that I can download from here again, and get it to work in my game. Buying from the sim store is so expensive!! I'm sure theres a tutorial on here somewhere that maybe I missed. Any links would help.

Thanks again
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: how to download store items into my game
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 10, 23:03:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's this funny little button labeled SEARCH that magically provides you with links.

I'm sure theres a tutorial on here somewhere that maybe I missed.

You're not wrong.

I sing along with elevator music.
jenjohns
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 10, 23:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ummm i did try the search button and i found a post from january with how to on the update version 2.3 i believe and we are now up to 4.2.32.007001....and you really dont need to be an ass about it..i asked nicely and im new here and just tryin to  get it to work so there was no need for that
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 10, 23:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ummm i did try the search button and i found a post from january with how to on the update version 2.3 i believe and we are now up to 4.2.32.007001....and you really dont need to be an ass about it..i asked nicely and im new here and just tryin to  get it to work so there was no need for that

Well, that's where you're wrong. I don't know where you think you are, the BBS probably, but here we value grammar and punctuation highly. We also value people who have enough nouse to search for their own answers. The board is littered with instructions on how to install store content and, quite frankly, most of us are bored witless at having to handhold every single n00b who cannot be bothered to make the effort. If you can't find the instructions here, you don't deserve to use the content. We do not support inefficient pirates.

Go and read the FAQ before you post here again, or I cannot answer for the consequences.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 10, 23:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I do. This is not the BBS (or whatever name that godforsaken place goes by now), and nobody at MATY will hold your hand. Here's a big hint: try looking for posts that include "TS3 Store" in the title. Read them. Stop asking stupid questions that have already been answered.

ETA: Damn, ninja'd by witch. Oh well.

Phthon
Blathering Buffoon

Death is but the next great adventure.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 10, 23:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was being nice. If you had spent any time poking around at all and reading the posts, you would have realized that posts exactly like this one are beaten up, jumped on, cut into itty bitty bits, boiled, jumped on again and then just for good measure...set fire to.

The answer is there. It involves a commitment of time reading to find it. By doing the search and figuring it out for yourself, you will then understand the process and not have to ask this stupid question every time something changes.

I thought about being born again, but my mother refused.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 10, 23:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what I did when my Store Content stopped working?  I came on here and SEARCHED until I found the thread where they were working on it.  Then I followed their instructions and reenabled the content in my game.

You, however, might have a little more trouble finding the information you need.  You know why?  Because every twit who comes on here feels the need to start a BRAND NEW FUCKING THREAD about it, rather than search to see if a solution already exists.  As you can imagine, this process makes searching ever more difficult with each additional thread, and could possibly be the reason we ask people to LURK MOAR and SEARCH MOAR.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 11, 02:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm amazed at how a lot of people don't know how to effectively search. 

Too many people type a single word or a complicated sentence (spelling is important) into the first search box they see, and then give up when it doesn't magically give them what they want.  You have to ask the right question if you want the right answers.

Search tips - use two or three keywords at a time.  If your first keywords don't pull up what you need, try RELATED words.  Try different search combinations until you hit on the right ones.  What you call something might not be what the post you're looking for calls it.  Use the Advanced search.  Above all, be prepared to spend more than 45 seconds searching and READING posts until you get what you need.

In this case, even without taking the time to test my theory here - which I'm not going to do, I found this information ages ago - the KEY words here are most likely "Store" and "install". 

I'm going to go back to lurking now, because this was way too nice of a reply to be condoned.

-tastes like chikin
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 11, 03:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I'm new here, and hope I'm posting in the right section. If not please point me the way.

Top left hand side, the box called search.  Maybe you can find your way from there.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 11, 03:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We at MATY have to be the vilest people to chat in a forum ever. It makes the club so exclusive. I think I like it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 11, 05:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We at MATY have to be the vilest people to chat in a forum ever. It makes the club so exclusive. I think I like it.

We?

Do we know you? Do we like you?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 11, 07:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

umm search more and most things apply retroactivley for this. I've had the same fix in place since a solution was found and posted here and it still works a whole sihtload of patches later.
cathybb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 11, 16:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several posts everyday just like yours.  Everyone wants an easy way to get something handed to them on a silver platter without putting forth any effort.  Life is just not like that.  Neither is this forum. 

I noticed that you just registered on this site today, so you probably didn't read the volumes of information available that would tell you exactly what you want to know.  Take the time to read the posts.

If you want quick and easy, buy from the EA site.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 11, 19:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is that someone is posting anonymously on MySims3Blog (aka the Shouty Vole soapbox) and probably other places that these files are here free. They give a link here to the forum post, often times without instructions, instead of linking to the actual file itself. Whoever is doing it, cut it out.

If you want to share shit with the tards then download them yourself, pack it up with S3RC, write some quick and dirty For Dummies instructions (which the dummies won't read anyway) and put it up on Mediafire or something.

We don't need anymore tards. We already have our own that we can't get rid of.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 14, 19:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm amazed at how a lot of people don't know how to effectively search. 

Too many people type a single word or a complicated sentence (spelling is important) into the first search box they see, and then give up when it doesn't magically give them what they want.  You have to ask the right question if you want the right answers.

Search tips - use two or three keywords at a time.  If your first keywords don't pull up what you need, try RELATED words.  Try different search combinations until you hit on the right ones.  What you call something might not be what the post you're looking for calls it.  Use the Advanced search.  Above all, be prepared to spend more than 45 seconds searching and READING posts until you get what you need.

In this case, even without taking the time to test my theory here - which I'm not going to do, I found this information ages ago - the KEY words here are most likely "Store" and "install". 

I'm going to go back to lurking now, because this was way too nice of a reply to be condoned.
Wow!  If the tard does not know how to use the search function, it really is in the wrong place.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
Klinn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 August 16, 16:37:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm missing the implicit sarcasm tags, but nah, MATY is all rainbows and unicorns compared to places like the RPGCodex.
aesshen
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 August 19, 20:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe I'm missing the implicit sarcasm tags, but nah, MATY is all rainbows and unicorns compared to places like the RPGCodex.

I went there once. Some part of me hasn't stopped weeping.
edejan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 August 20, 01:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I'm new here, and hope I'm posting in the right section. If not please point me the way. How do you get the objects into your game. I used to download here before they made that patch that only stuff bought from their store could be used. I know they made a way around it now that I can download from here again, and get it to work in my game. Buying from the sim store is so expensive!! I'm sure theres a tutorial on here somewhere that maybe I missed. Any links would help.

Thanks again

I hope you learned your lesson.  I find it's better NEVER to post here.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 August 20, 03:33:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I take it you felt the need to break from this tradition since you are, in fact, posting.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: