More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 04:17:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The new Sims 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The new Sims 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK  (Read 66609 times)
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
The new Sims 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK
« on: 2010 July 10, 04:04:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a link to the new unbroken CAW tool that EA just released.
Thank god for "view page source".

Code:
http://llnw.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/worldtool.exe

View the page source of the CAW tool site and do a search for .exe

EA is just stupid sometimes (well, most of the time) to leave things like this so open to the public.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 12, 17:49:38 by dragonic » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: The new Sim 3 non-borked Create-A-World tool DIRECT LINK
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 10, 05:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank god for "view page source".

D'OH! I should have thought of that. Thanks for posting it though.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 10, 05:43:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what? Do you mean EA is stupid for leaving the source code of a page open to the public?
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 10, 06:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Checking the version number of the one i downloaded in march with the one linked above & both are the same. v15.0.0.498. If the one in the above link is an updated version of CAW wouldn't the version number be different?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 10, 06:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unless they change the number, it seems. md5sum says these two files are different:
Original: fc4664c1ef4f0edad0cb5113698ceee3
New: 28317ec6b3d9625a85f3b2e116453ff4

So SOMETHING was changed. It is possible Create-A-Crap's own version number did not change because only a DLL got recompiled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Spacemouse
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 10, 14:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed CAW but the v15.0.0.498 number is from the program to create the setup file, not the version number of CAW.
I don't know what version of CAW this file contains, I do know that in April there was a update for CAW.
The April update was called: Sims3_CAW_1.6.72.005037_from_1.5.126.002037.exe

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 10, 15:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter what the version number is. Those numbers are arbitrary, and if someone was lazy and didn't update one, WHO CARES? The IMPORTANT thing is that Create-A-Crap's CURRENT version WORKS and the old one DIDN'T. Everything else is immaterial. Version numbers, schmersion numbers.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 10, 16:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what? Do you mean EA is stupid for leaving the source code of a page open to the public?
No, you silly llama.  Grin
I mean having the .exe file link in the page source.
On a related note, exchange items on the Sims 3 site work the same way. Just search for .Sims3pack on the page source of the item you want to steal, I mean, obtain.

Unfortunately, EA is smart enough to encrypt the link using javascript for their own store items.

And hoorah for Create-A-Crap!
varmint
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 10, 16:46:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note, exchange items on the Sims 3 site work the same way. Just search for .Sims3pack on the page source of the item you want to steal, I mean, obtain.

Unfortunately, EA is smart enough to encrypt the link using javascript for their own store items.

Wow, you mean that free stuff that is freely downloadable for free is actually freely accessible via direct link? And this link shows up in the page source? And stuff that isn't free is protected somehow? The Internet is truly full of miracles.
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 10, 17:01:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you mean that free stuff that is freely downloadable for free is actually freely accessible via direct link? And this link shows up in the page source? And stuff that isn't free is protected somehow? The Internet is truly full of miracles.
Well, the stuff is free if you registered for an account with a legit serial code.
EA says you can download free stuff if you buy the game and register for an account. But I'm assuming many of us didn't buy the game *wink wink.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 10, 17:13:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I feel, really, really stupid for not having thought of that. Thank you for stating the obvious, that none of us thought of, Baaah Bahhh and all that.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
masonxxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 10, 18:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The IMPORTANT thing is that Create-A-Crap's CURRENT version WORKS and the old one DIDN'T. Everything else is immaterial. Version numbers, schmersion numbers." LOL
Thx for the link  Wink

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 10, 18:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think EA is stupid for not telling us they had an updated version of CAW.  Or maybe we are all stupid for downloading a buggy version that will crash your game, and hasn't been released yet for a reason.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 10, 18:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think EA is stupid for not telling us they had an updated version of CAW.  Or maybe we are all stupid for downloading a buggy version that will crash your game, and hasn't been released yet for a reason.

They did tell us. 

Quote from news section of The Sims 3 web site
Create a World fix for Game Update 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2
POSTED ON 07/09/10 10:24 PM
The Create a World Tool that is compatible with update 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2 and Ambitions is now available. Please uninstall your old version of Create a World through Add/Remove programs. Download the new version here http://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world and install.

Where you hoping for a personal e-mail?
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 10, 19:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else have problems using the new version?  It'll start up and let me start or load a new world, but will usually crash within 10 minutes after that.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 10, 20:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else have problems using the new version?  It'll start up and let me start or load a new world, but will usually crash within 10 minutes after that.

I haven't had any problems yet.  I've been using it since last night. 
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2010 July 10, 21:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAW takes up a shit ton more memory than it needs to, so that might be a problem for you.

Personally, I have to use FPS limiter on it (Yes, FPS limiter) or else my computer whirrrrrrrrrrs relentlessly, and the program will eventually start to slow. With FPS limiter, the whirr is significantly quieter, and performance is consistent. I have no idea what magic this works, but it does.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 July 10, 23:41:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to use it, it gives me crap that my current installed game isn't up to date with my version of CAW and it tells me to reinstall CAW (or something similar to that). I've reinstalled it and it still gives me the same message, anyone else? I'll post a pic in a sec.

CAW Error
« Last Edit: 2010 July 10, 23:49:31 by FireDrake » Logged

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 July 11, 00:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to use it, it gives me crap that my current installed game isn't up to date with my version of CAW and it tells me to reinstall CAW (or something similar to that). I've reinstalled it and it still gives me the same message, anyone else? I'll post a pic in a sec.

CAW Error

According to EA, you must uninstall the old version first, then install the new version the OP linked. Don't try to install it over top of the old version.

If you did that then check the file Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\worldbuilder.ini the last line should read WBVersion = 1.9.14.007037

If it does check to see if the versions for each of the installations (Base/WA/HELS/AMB) are as follows:

Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt   GameVersion = 1.14.11.007002
Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt    GameVersion = 2.9.10.007002
Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt  GameVersion = 3.5.8.007001
Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt   GameVersion = 4.2.32.007001

Or just get the patch downloader utility from MTS and it will automatically check for you and let you download the appropriate patches.

FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 July 11, 00:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CAW Error

According to EA, you must uninstall the old version first, then install the new version the OP linked. Don't try to install it over top of the old version.

If you did that then check the file Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool\worldbuilder.ini the last line should read WBVersion = 1.9.14.007037

If it does check to see if the versions for each of the installations (Base/WA/HELS/AMB) are as follows:

Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt   GameVersion = 1.14.11.007002
Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt    GameVersion = 2.9.10.007002
Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt  GameVersion = 3.5.8.007001
Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt   GameVersion = 4.2.32.007001

Or just get the patch downloader utility from MTS and it will automatically check for you and let you download the appropriate patches.

That would be the problem. When I reinstalled all my Sims 3 games today I figured when it said, "This expansion pack requires the base game to be updated (or something like that)" that it would update it to the highest version. Thanks Motoki.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 July 11, 03:16:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem I am having now, is the patch 1.14 will not completely install.  I keep getting an "invalid file found" error.  All three of the EP patches are installing just fine, and the game works properly, but 1.14 doesn't work, and neither does CAW.  Any suggestions here?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 July 11, 05:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem I am having now, is the patch 1.14 will not completely install.  I keep getting an "invalid file found" error.  All three of the EP patches are installing just fine, and the game works properly, but 1.14 doesn't work, and neither does CAW.  Any suggestions here?

Follow the directions here and locate your rtpatch.log file. Scroll down to the bottom of the list of files it attempted to patch and you should see the file it errored out on.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2010 July 11, 18:56:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the invalid file is the gameplaydata.package, so now what do I do?  Does anyone have a copy of that file for patch 1.12?  The game still works, but I can't get CAW up and running.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 July 11, 19:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the invalid file is the gameplaydata.package, so now what do I do?  Does anyone have a copy of that file for patch 1.12?  The game still works, but I can't get CAW up and running.

That's not a common file the patcher errors out on. Did you mess with that file? You really shouldn't.

I don't have a backup copy because I already patched.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2010 July 11, 19:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I messed with the file a while back, but I only changed a few things in VisitRabbitHole and possibly Venues.  Anyway, my changes were somehow undone by the game and returned to their original state, so I don't see how it could be messing up the patch, and I don't know exactly what part of the file is wrong either.  This is not good.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: