More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:02:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Non Random CTD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Non Random CTD  (Read 4320 times)
chrisoldfield
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Non Random CTD
« on: 2010 July 09, 01:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game crashes to the desktop on the night after they return from vacation.  It is a fixed time around 3 - 4 am game time, and happens like clockwork.  My sims go on a vacation, everything is fine, they return, they carry on with their lives and sometime between 3 and 4 am the next morning - crash.  I reloaded to while they were on vacation, and it still happens. It seems like the neighbourhood or save was corrupted so that the crash is almost scripted to happen at that time.

To be honest, I had this problem before, and then I loaded in a game that was a week or two earlier and it works.  But I have played the game three times with three different families always starting over, even though they were always at Sunset Valley. I have not had this problem for a while, it didn't exist with Ambitions pre awesome mod or the beta awsome mod.  Granted then I was playing Twinbrook not Sunset Valley. Now the crash happens like clockwork after awesome mod is in.

This leads me to two possible problems.
A: Sunset Valley is corrupted and somehow (I don't know how) needs to be replaced. The corruption had to have been the result of Ambitions since it worked fine before that.  The only reason I did not see it earlier is because I always played Twinbrook which is just fine.

B: The only mod changed or added other than clothing/hair/lots/sims and other things that do NOT affect the game is awesome mod. (Although these can cause some problems if the mesh is busted or otherwise not compatible, but in my experience that would be mostly lag or graphical problems, not something like this). Therefore the problem must be related to awesome mod itself.

Obviously awesome mod must be rebuilt due to the extremely recent patch by EA. (Which does not solve any problems I ever had with the game). So I hope that when it is this probelm will be found and identififed

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Non Random CTD
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 09, 01:57:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it only happens in ONE save, there's a PRETTY DAMN GOOD chance that it's a problem with THAT SAVE, and nothing else.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 09, 01:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read MOAR. They stated they made three different saves in Sunset Valley it was happening to.

However, OP, clothing, hair, lots, and sims CAN affect this sort of thing - if there's a corrupted lot it's trying to load, or a sim with a corrupted hair file, or something, it'll crash the game. Try doing a binary sort.

INFP or something
chrisoldfield
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 09, 05:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Kuronue, but that doesn't explain why it happens ONLY after a vacation.  I mean, I have changed hair, clothes, etc. several times with no problems, and thanks to the date that it happened, I can limit the candidates down to about three files other than awesome mod that I installed the same day, give or take 48 hours.  I uninstalled that content, reloaded the game with the error, and the error persisted. So I believe I can rule that out.

To be honest, if the problem always happened when using a particular hair or loading a particular lot, or wearing particular  clothes, I believe I can recognize the problem. But the pattern is, the night after a vacation. I don't believe a hair problem can cause it to crash only when returning from vacation, can it? Wouldn't it be more likely to cause it when I try to use the hair file, or the enter a corrupted lot or put on some corrupted clothes. I don't think the pattern would be the night after returning from a trip, it would be a different pattern altogether, right?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: