More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:50:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Problem With Lot Types and Professions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problem With Lot Types and Professions  (Read 4983 times)
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
Problem With Lot Types and Professions
« on: 2010 July 07, 23:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently installed Ambitions and having a few problems with it. BTW, I have World Adventures installed also.

When I enter a saved game and try to place new community lots in the town, they are set as "Community: No Visitors Allowed" and I cannot change them to "Community: Fire Station" or "Community: Salon", etc. in the Town Editor.

The same problem occurs in Twinbrook. I can't play the new professions because the community lots associated with them are set as "Community: No Visitors Allowed".  When I got into the Town Editor and tried to change their lot types, they are permanently set as "Community: No Visitors Allowed" and the drop-down menu doesn't show the new lot types (i.e. Salon, Consignment Store, Fire Station, Junkyard, etc.).

So basically, the new community lot assignments don't show up in the Change Lot Type drop-down box.

I have tried reinstalling the expansion pack several times; nothing works.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Re: Problem With Lot Types and Professions
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 08, 00:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What custom content do you have?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 08, 00:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I concur with Madame Mim: the first place you need to look is in your mods folder, particularly your hacks. I would guess that something is outdated or conflicting.

I sing along with elevator music.
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 08, 02:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Delphy's Dashboard and already deleted the conflicting hacks. Then I tried to restart the game...still nothing.

This is all I have left of my hacks:
AwesomeMod.package
Awesconfig.package
MarhisLTRlasts50DaysNot2.package
MoreVisitors.package
NRaas_Computer.package
PayBillsOncePerWeek - EveryMonday.package
TwoftmamaBiggerCASMoneyIncrease.package

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 08, 02:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used Delphy's Dashboard and already deleted the conflicting hacks. Then I tried to restart the game...still nothing.

This is all I have left of my hacks:
AwesomeMod.package
Awesconfig.package
MarhisLTRlasts50DaysNot2.package
MoreVisitors.package
NRaas_Computer.package
PayBillsOncePerWeek - EveryMonday.package
TwoftmamaBiggerCASMoneyIncrease.package

And I assume you went back to the source of all of these and made sure to verify they are compatible with Ambitions as well as to download the updated versions?

Also, you really should do a quick test of the game with zero hacks or custom content just to make sure your game files aren't corrupt somehow.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 08, 03:19:44 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 08, 03:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I assume you went back to the source of all of these and made sure to verify they are compatible with Ambitions as well as to download the updated versions?

Also, you really sure do a quick test of the game with zero hacks or custom content just to make sure your game files aren't corrupt somehow.

I have the latest version of the AwesomeMod, NRaas Computer, TwoftmamaBiggerCASMoneyIncrease, MoreVisitors, and PayBillsOncePerWeek - EveryMonday. I got rid of the 'Marhis' mod and still nothing. I chose a random house in the neighborhood and made them look for a profession via newspaper and computer. I still cannot choose the Firefighter or Stylist professions.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 08, 03:13:24 by KingBooker » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 08, 03:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remove everything and test out a vanilla game, and add in hacks one at a time until you figure out which is the problematic one. Delphy's dashboard isn't always 100% accurate, and this should always be your first course of action prior to posting. I'd also double check to make sure you have the most recent version of AM.

I sing along with elevator music.
KingBooker
Asinine Airhead

"boo."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 08, 04:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help you guys. So far, it's running really well...my sims can now apply for the Stylist and Firefighter. Anyone know if the Store Packs have conflicts also?
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 08, 11:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be of interest to others who are having similar problems, to know what you did to fix the problem. If just to save people from posting this question again?

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 08, 12:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can tell, he took out his other mods.

If you don't think AM is working properly, ALWAYS take out all your mods, clear your caches and use a fresh new neighbourhood to test before you complain. If people didn't have JUST this mod or JUST that mod, that they didn't think could POSSIBLY be a problem, there'd be a lot less whining.

More F than you
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 08, 13:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be of interest to others who are having similar problems, to know what you did to fix the problem. If just to save people from posting this question again?
NOTHING ever stops people from posting before searching.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: