More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:37:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152011 times)
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #3225 on: 2014 April 09, 15:41:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After extensive searching I'm giving up and asking about this.

Whenever I try to get my sims to interact with the Milkin' It Dairy Coral my sims show the route failure bubble and refuse to go near it.

I downloaded it from here and decrapped it. I have installed KT's fixes (which I have just updated to notouching's fixes) and the ccmerged from Nona. I've tried them in all the mentioned places just in case it made any difference. The only difference I've found is that with KT's fixes the object cost nothing, whereas now with notouching's it is displaying a proper price. All other premium content works fine.

Any ideas? Do I just need to download the thing again (I'm trying to avoid it, it's combined in a package with many other files)?

If you installed as decrapped sims3packs, you may have installation issue. Try re-installing the sims3pack. Also, try putting the fixes in your Overrides folder, if you haven't already done so.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: 2014 April 12, 08:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed as a package directly into the mods folder. Pulled apart the sims3pack with Delphy's installer then merged it along with some other premium content into one package using SimPE.

I've tried the fixes in the overrides folder just in case it made a difference. I think I've done it correctly. I just created a folder called overrides in the mods folder and plonked it in there.

If I download the dairy again and repeat the installation procedure without removing the one that's there now will this cause a problem or will I just end up with two copies - one of which will hopefully work?
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: 2014 April 12, 14:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're installing the content as package files don't use decrapify. Run them through s3rc, NOT decrapify. Then you don't need any fixes.

Just creating a folder called Overrides isn't really enough. You need a Resource.cfg which assigns the Overrides folder higher priority. See http://www.den.simlogical.com/denforum/index.php?topic=1513.0

No, if you repeat the same installation procedure you won't end up with a copy that works.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: 2014 April 12, 23:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else having problem installing the Villa Paraiso featured set? I get this message, 'You must install the associated premium content before installing this style' Any solutions?

Install the associated premium content?

Lord love a duck.

What the Hell IS the associated premium content that needs to be installed before installing the Spanish Villa? I've looked at the description at the store, google searched (which brought me back here), and cannot find the 'associated premium content' that needs to be added before installation. So I figured it's an inaccurate message that means to 'decrap' or run through 's3rc', which I've done with no success. I'll do the work around, but for some reason, not knowing what I've done wrong is fucking with my head. Any insight would be greatly appreciated since the head is not the right place for fucking.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: 2014 April 13, 01:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrmm, Try running through S3RC and Converting to Package. Then using Custard or S3PE (for the fun in the Guess and check method Tongue) identify the lot file and move to the Library, the objects, you can merge and move to your Mods>Packages folder.

For some reason EA had to bork the shit out of this lot. There is no Premium shit. Oh yeah, and the launcher is evil.

I am a beacon of sin.
MRice
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: 2014 April 13, 03:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is very slow to load and the gameplay is choppy with numerous halts and lag. I have all S3 eps and stuff packs. I also have all store content and Awesome mod.  Most of my custom content is combined using s3pe I have most everything installed using .package format. What I do not have combined are a few Mods from Shimrod, Twallan, Twoftmama and Bluegenjutsu.  I've checked with Delphy's Dashboard and have no conflicting mods. My game is fully patched to 1.67.

PC specs are: OS version:      Windows 7  6.1.7601 Service Pack 1,  AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics,GPU: 5 GPU Memory: 4 CPU: 1 RAM: 4 CPU Speed: 1896 Threading: 3
Adjusted CPU: 2128 RAM: 7650 Adjusted RAM: 7138 Cores: 4, Driver:          aticfx32.dll, Version: 8.17.10.1116, GUID: D7B71EE2-DA43-11CF-D077-2738BEC2C535   I'm not sure if this information is helpful and will add to it if needed.

I combined several of my custom lots. Although the lots went through s3pe without difficulty when I tested in the game none of them were available for placement. I had the .package placed in my library folder. During testing after the Lot packages were merged I noticed how smoothly the game loaded, I was so happy! But then the bad news, the lots weren't visible, as I'd said earlier.

So I am wondering if my Resource cfg needs to be or could be updated to read merged packages in the library? Or perhaps if that is not the case could they be converted to a .dbc file?  I'd like to keep the lots but right now the game is horrible and virtually unplayable.

I'm really looking forward to S4 and have a strong suspicion S3 might go down into game history as a bad joke because of all the problems and fixes that are needed. I'd appreciate your help.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: 2014 April 13, 03:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a few different things that could be causing lag. MTS has some good tips on it.

I sing along with elevator music.
MRice
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: 2014 April 13, 04:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a few different things that could be causing lag. MTS has some good tips on it.

I appreciate your input Sigmund. However after reviewing the link you posted it does not explain why my game ran smoothly with the lots merged together and were rendered unusable. While with uncombined lots I experience lag problems. To clarify: When the .packaged lots are removed from the library I have no lag or problems with the game.

Perhaps you failed to read the entire post? Or perhaps I was unclear when asking for assistance with the actual problem?

Again, I would like to keep them but certainly am not married to the silly things. So for the sake of smooth game play I will sacrifice them. However if there is a solution I'm willing to give it a go. It's just that I have a passion for nice homes and have a vast collection in several different themes.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: 2014 April 13, 07:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I appreciate your input Sigmund. However after reviewing the link you posted it does not explain why my game ran smoothly with the lots merged together and were rendered unusable. While with uncombined lots I experience lag problems. To clarify: When the .packaged lots are removed from the library I have no lag or problems with the game.

Perhaps you failed to read the entire post? Or perhaps I was unclear when asking for assistance with the actual problem?

Again, I would like to keep them but certainly am not married to the silly things. So for the sake of smooth game play I will sacrifice them. However if there is a solution I'm willing to give it a go. It's just that I have a passion for nice homes and have a vast collection in several different themes.

No, I read your post. But as far as I could tell, your question wasn't specific to store lots, so it didn't make sense to go into a lot of detail about it here. If you haven't tried some of the suggestions in the MTS thread that deal with lag, I'd definitely take a look. If you want to experiment with merging lots and start a new thread about it, that's an option, too. But as far as I know, it's not a method that's well-documented, so your question is more likely to get the attention you want if it's not buried in a thread about something else.

MRice
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: 2014 April 13, 16:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I read your post. But as far as I could tell, your question wasn't specific to store lots, so it didn't make sense to go into a lot of detail about it here. If you haven't tried some of the suggestions in the MTS thread that deal with lag, I'd definitely take a look. If you want to experiment with merging lots and start a new thread about it, that's an option, too. But as far as I know, it's not a method that's well-documented, so your question is more likely to get the attention you want if it's not buried in a thread about something else.

You're right Sigmund, thank you. I will post my question into a new thread, it clutters this one unnecessarily and is not related to store content.
FlerpityFloop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: 2014 April 15, 15:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are there any mods that will make the bubble machine from nightlife available for regular Sims3?

And yes, I did a search.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: 2014 April 17, 01:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I am one to please. I would say if it wants to be nuked, then drop one.

I am a beacon of sin.
FlerpityFloop
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: 2014 April 17, 05:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so you can dish it but you wont take it. Typical.

Do what you want. "It" doesnt really give a fuck. I came on here to get free shit and decided to mess with the cranky computer nerds. Hiya!!!!!!

People with severe personality issues amuse me. So sue me.

Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: 2014 April 17, 07:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so you can dish it but you wont take it. Typical.

Do what you want. "It" doesnt really give a fuck. I came on here to get free shit and decided to mess with the cranky computer nerds. Hiya!!!!!!

People with severe personality issues amuse me. So sue me.

So that's a "no" on the request to be nuked? You're sending mixed signals here.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: 2014 April 20, 06:47:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the noob question.

Which one better...

Keep all store contents as package files? (except world items, decrapified and installed using launcher)

or

Install all of it thru launcher as decrapified sims3package files?

For years, I keep it as package files, but many of the items have problems, like uncolorable counter, unworking premium items, etc. I have a thought to install everything thru launcher, may be it can fix all the problems I have. What do you guys think?
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: 2014 April 20, 09:05:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one better...

Keep all store contents as package files? (except world items, decrapified and installed using launcher)

or

For years, I keep it as package files, but many of the items have problems, like uncolorable counter, unworking premium items, etc. I have a thought to install everything thru launcher, may be it can fix all the problems I have. What do you guys think?

No big difference. Sims3pack is little more than an archive, the content in the archive is still .package. In the case of Store items it also contains DRM unless decrappified.

I have heard of sims3pack fixing some problems like blue lots, missing textures, etc. But I haven't had ether of those, what I have had however were problems installing many sims3pack files at once using the launcher, forcing me to install them 5 or 6 at a time. And since the install process loads slower than the game itself, you can probably guess what a painful process that is.

My suggestion would be to install through the launcher only the content that you've actually had problems with as .package. Otherwise, there's no point to it.
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: 2014 April 20, 13:03:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one better...

or

No big difference. Sims3pack is little more than an archive, the content in the archive is still .package. In the case of Store items it also contains DRM unless decrappified.

I have heard of sims3pack fixing some problems like blue lots, missing textures, etc. But I haven't had ether of those, what I have had however were problems installing many sims3pack files at once using the launcher, forcing me to install them 5 or 6 at a time. And since the install process loads slower than the game itself, you can probably guess what a painful process that is.

My suggestion would be to install through the launcher only the content that you've actually had problems with as .package. Otherwise, there's no point to it.

I thought about the painful launcher installing process as well. That is why I haven't try it yet, waiting for people opinions first, who done it.

Is installing thru launcher worth the effort?

I have a problem with missing jewelry from the Prism Art Studio, not the white block problem, but it just now showing up. Everything is working fine, except the jewelry part. No sales for the fruits I put in the Fruit Market Stall in Monte Vista. etc.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: 2014 April 20, 13:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which one better...

or9

Ok, ignoring what Eurotard said cause I spy some outdated info (blue lots were loong time ago and missing textures, Pfft.)

I would say you should keep in package form as the Launcher is a broken bunch of mess and tends to have issues with a ton of content installed. Also, you don't have to Decrapify your store content before converting to Package. As far as your store worlds You can do another way around that to get them to install so that they are an original copy rather than decrapped (good for if you want to use fixes that aren't decrapped or want a lot that requires the original Store item).

-  Worlds, You basically drop onto S3RC, Extract with Multipack, Select the largest file (rename it to ".world" and drop in With Sunset Valley in the Program files) Now for the rest of the little files (Exception of lots. find those and place in your Library (my Docs)) you can combine and toss into your Mods>Package folder. From there you have the full on original Store world with no decrapping needed. It takes longer, but it's better than using the launcher.  

-  As far as counters go, it's a hit or miss situation, you have to try really hard to select the corners and from there select the first preset, thus resetting the textures. if that doesn't work, I believe there is a way to reset the Textures if you use DebugEnabler (MC) , Not sure on AwesomeMod. The way with DE is to select>Nraas>Debug enabler> Options:object name>Object...>Reset textures and from there you should be able to select it and Cast it with the other counter bits.

-  Now for the borked premium items, there are fixes, You have to namely place them In Overrides rather than in Packages and don't decrap the Premium stuff.  

I am a beacon of sin.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: 2014 April 20, 17:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought about the painful launcher installing process as well. That is why I haven't try it yet, waiting for people opinions first, who done it.

Is installing thru launcher worth the effort?

Well that's easy: no.

"Installing" sims3pack content through launcher is basically just an incredibly slow archive execration process. Most mods come in .rar and .zip archives and they only take a few seconds to extract. Hell if you found content that comes only in sims3pack archives, it's still quicker to just use this:

http://modthesims.info/d/364038

And extract the .packages from the sims3pack archives yourself. Only reason many people still download mods in sims3pack archives instead of .package directly is because they are... well, stupid. And too lazy to setup the framework for loading .package files into the game, despite the fact that Delphy actually made an installer for it, as if the manual process was fucking rocket science -.-'

@Levini

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01oCgnhbsQ
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: 2014 April 20, 20:52:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the decrapper and the launcher. It takes about a minute to process a minimum of 1-2 GB sims3pack files at a time, roughly the size of the databases that sims 3 creates. (The .dbc files.) If I do the whole lot of store stuff at once it does tend to skip the odd file. Takes 10-15 minutes to install the entire 7.5GB. I do have a grunter of a computer so the time may be double that for an average machine, and your chunks may need to be smaller if you have <16GB RAM.

I have used this method from the beginning and all my store stuff works. I use KissingToast and notouching fixes, after carefully reading the instructions.

The database files the game creates are probably more suitable for the game to access, I suspect, than the merged package files that are user created. I do know that lots of separate package files are a cause of lag.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Levini
Corpulent Cretin

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: 2014 April 20, 22:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but that's why you have merging your packages. Shove them all together in one file and less load.

I also noted that some people (me included) had issues of the launcher randomly uninstalling stuff after a certain point.

But either way is a fine way to do it. If one method works for you, great. If the other method works for you, That's great too.

I am a beacon of sin.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: 2014 April 20, 22:45:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I save packages for third party creations, and I keep them to a minimum. Any EA files are decrapped an installed with the loader.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: 2014 April 21, 01:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use decrapped S3P's because I like to download custom lots. If someone creates a lot with legit store content, all I need to do is decrapify their lot and it loads fine in my game. If I keep all my store downloads as packages, I have to go through and replace all of the items by hand, because the game won't recognize my packages and the legit store items as being the same items.

Kind of a moot point if you don't download many custom lots, though.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: 2014 April 22, 00:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. I just download lots, mainly from MTS, and install and run them without decrapifying. Store and game stuff shows up fine. :/

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Eurotrash
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: 2014 April 22, 09:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's weird. I just download lots, mainly from MTS, and install and run them without decrapifying. Store and game stuff shows up fine. :/

Only EA / Store items need decrapping. DRM and all that...
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: