More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:35:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2162860 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #3175 on: 2014 January 04, 13:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sita, it's part of the I heart the Fifties set, but I don't think it's available separately. This is the only link I found:

https://app.box.com/shared/aajzq0bdjd

You don't help the Betatard.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: 2014 January 05, 01:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused as to what I'm doing wrong. After I decrap and install a venue from the downloads page, it installs correctly. But when I place it in the game, all of the store content is replaced with base game objects. However, the store objects show up in the game catalog. How do I fix this so that the store objects are automatically on with the venue?

Lots are finicky. IIRC, opening up the library folder and decrapifying the actual lot package file did the trick for me. Also, this is stating the obvious, but decrapifying is an all-or-nothing process, so ALL your store content must be decrapified or it won't show on the lot.

I have a similar problem with both lots and sims downloaded from The Exchange. I have tried 10+ different sims themed for Roaring Heights and all of them, beside one that appeared as expected, appeared with basic hair and beige dress in the in-game CAS. Then I tried 4-5 Roaring Heights themed lots and the majority of the object had been replaced by base objects. I spent about 2 days reading, re-installing and moving stuff around but in the end I always get the same result. I'm guessing that decrapified content doesn't play too well withThe Exchange item.

To be clear (because you didn't state what you're doing) the lot or sim you downloaded MUST be decrapified for it to work with decrapified store content. If the decrapifying doesn't seem to "stick" to the sims3pack, try decrapifying the package file in your library or saved sims folder. Again, that usually seems to fix the problem when I've encountered it.

I sing along with elevator music.
Lissy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: 2014 January 06, 15:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sita, it's part of the I heart the Fifties set, but I don't think it's available separately. This is the only link I found:

Why not? Is it because it annoys the Alphatards, or because you're afraid that the shock of getting a helpful answer might just kill her?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: 2014 January 07, 17:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not? Is it because it annoys the Alphatards, or because you're afraid that the shock of getting a helpful answer might just kill her?

If I thought a helpful answer would kill her, I would have been helping her all along.  You don't help the Betatard because she is the fucking Betatard, and you don't encourage her.  She's not allowed to post in here in the first place.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
ethilda
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: 2014 January 09, 12:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I'm new here~ This is really stupid but I'd like to know how to install "untouched" store contents?
Do I install them just like any other custom contents or there are additional steps?
Thank you in advance! Smiley
upsidedowntubesteak
Asinine Airhead

Search is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #3180 on: 2014 January 09, 17:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thread after thread exist on how to do just that. SEARCH MOAR!

My first impulse is to respond. I will try not to re-tard.
Cyberdodo
FURRY!
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: 2014 January 10, 00:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to buck local convention, and upset several of the regulars here, by providing a couple of helpful hints, ethilda.

"Untouched" means, just as implied, that the one sharing the store content has not done anything to the file besides downloading it from EA and then uploading it to their preferred file sharing service.  Attempting to install the .Sims3Pack will fail unless the Launcher can validate that you purchased it from the Store (if you did, you wouldn't be downloading it from here Tongue ). So yes, you need to perform an additional step first before you can successfully install it.

Search for the term "decrapify".  You'll find what you need to do.

Slap a man silly with a fish, and he'll smell like fish for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll go to the bait & tackle store, and stop bothering you.
ethilda
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: 2014 January 10, 03:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to but I didn't know the "keyword" so I found nothing. Thanks anyway Smiley
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: 2014 January 31, 06:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone upload the (new?) free set Year of the horse?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: 2014 January 31, 14:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to but I didn't know the "keyword" so I found nothing. Thanks anyway Smiley

Then SEARCH LESS STUPIDLY.

JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: 2014 February 02, 18:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a quick question about MistyK's Roaring Heights Gold download:

Is anyone else having it say it will take 1 hour for 288MB? Any other file I've downloaded so far today has downloaded pretty quickly, whether it be from 4shared or mediafire.

I've tried to cancel and re-download a few times, and it still says 1 hour left.

Unless my internet connection is suddenly crappy (it's raining on and off here), I'm not sure why?

I also tried the other version available on Mega, but once it reaches the black circle with the white dot it doesn't seem to want to go any further.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3186 on: 2014 February 03, 13:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@StarryEyedDreamer, I tried downloading the file you mentioned and it only took me two minutes to get it downloaded. It downloaded at 2MB/sec for me.

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: 2014 February 03, 15:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will try again then, thanks.

Only has 3 minutes this time. Must have been the weather yesterday.
JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: 2014 February 05, 22:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm re-installing all the store content after getting the "missing objects...replaced" spiel.

I'm thinking I installed too many sims3packs--how many sims3packs maximum should I install on the launcher at once to ensure everything is properly installed?

Also, I came across two issues I've never had before:

1. Pineapple Pottery from Sun, Surf, & Sand keeps saying "Failed" in the launcher, but not the update phrase, just failed. I have Sun Surf & Sand installed though? Was this a duplicate?
2. Mother Brassbeard's Birdbath from Bucaneer Bounty refuses to install--says about not being updated properly--though Bucaneer's Bounty itself is installed fine? Is this similar to the first in that it's a duplicate?

To clarify, I downloaded all of the store updates from rachelstoolbox over at KickAssTorrents, everything from 2009 to December 2013. I'm thinking maybe these were standalone files from the sets for some reason?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: 2014 February 06, 14:58:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you trying to install individual items from sets you already have installed?

rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: 2014 February 06, 17:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New venue in the store, Prism Art Studio. Currently on sale for 1700 points.
phoenixc
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: 2014 February 06, 20:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but direct link don't work. It work only with copy/paste adress...
« Last Edit: 2014 February 06, 20:25:48 by phoenixc » Logged

The words are the soul image
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3192 on: 2014 February 06, 21:23:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, but direct link don't work. It work only with copy/paste adress...
Fixed.

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
simofannn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: 2014 February 07, 06:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. Thanks for the link but is anyone else getting the white box glitch while using the Artisan's Glassblowing and jewelry making station premium content?
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: 2014 February 07, 07:16:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just like almost every single other premium content object out there, yes, it needs a fix if you install it as a decrapified sims3pack. If you don't want to wait for a fix, don't decrapify. Install as package files and make sure your ccmerged is updated.
simofannn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: 2014 February 07, 07:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I think I'll wait for the fix, it doesn't take too long to come out here  Smiley I hope someone uploads it.
uroshdemz
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: 2014 February 07, 11:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a quick question regarding sims3pack/packages Store sets.

I installed the Movie set long time ago, and when I 'tried' uninstalling it, it kept some files, and removed most. Now, when I try to install it again, it says it's been already installed but only file from the set I have left are the movie screen, ticket machine and ticket doors. If I add the package version of the set to my game, will it add missing items such as sofas, paintings etc.? Or if there is any way I can remove contents of the set and reinstall the set properly?
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: 2014 February 07, 11:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fixes for the Prism Art Studio are now available.

I have a quick question regarding sims3pack/packages Store sets.

I installed the Movie set long time ago, and when I 'tried' uninstalling it, it kept some files, and removed most. Now, when I try to install it again, it says it's been already installed but only file from the set I have left are the movie screen, ticket machine and ticket doors. If I add the package version of the set to my game, will it add missing items such as sofas, paintings etc.? Or if there is any way I can remove contents of the set and reinstall the set properly?

Yes, you can add the package version to your game.
woodyc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: 2014 February 21, 12:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, I can place a dragon egg but when the timer runs out for it to hatch, it just stays at 0 and never hatches.
I did download the file from this site and not Sims 3 store if that makes a difference.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: 2014 February 22, 01:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, I can place a dragon egg but when the timer runs out for it to hatch, it just stays at 0 and never hatches.
I did download the file from this site and not Sims 3 store if that makes a difference.

Damnit, I had something for this! Oh, wait, I know:

Guess what, I've got this thing called a life, its outside the PC, you nerds might want to try it sometime. Go outside (yes, you will get bullied, shit thrown at you, kicked about, your dinner money taken from you and your comics burnt) but maybe, you might just get a valuable life lesson on LIFE, not just simulating life on a PC game.

Did you lose your life? I would offer to help you find it, except that I don't believe it existed in the first place.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: