More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:21:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152273 times)
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #2825 on: 2012 December 07, 02:38:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Al Fresco Street Market file that kem posted came up on my malware bites containing malware, I had thought it suspicious as when I downloaded it the file itself was .rar.exe I didn't download his Monte Vista one as it was going at less than 5 kbs.

Also KT's simpoint bundle post as been removed due to violating the TOS again.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 07, 02:46:09 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
claudiasharon
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: 2012 December 07, 03:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf, did you untick the checked box before downloading? I got a rar file just fine with no exe in it.

Also Monte Vista is 163 MB. The Street Market is 30.79MB. Make sure you click the right download button as well, there are a lot of ads to get through. It's in the middle and says "Click here to start download from sendspace".
« Last Edit: 2012 December 07, 03:33:45 by claudiasharon » Logged

"Dr Jackson is going to die when he sees this."
"What, again?"
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: 2012 December 07, 03:41:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rubyelf, did you untick the checked box before downloading? I got a rar file just fine with no exe in it.

Also Monte Vista is 163 MB. The Street Market is 30.79MB. Make sure you click the right download button as well, there are a lot of ads to get through. It's in the middle and says "Click here to start download from sendspace".

Yah that's the exact button I hit to start downloading, it seems to be working now, but the first time I downloaded it, the file name was "AlFrescoMarketSet.rar.exe" and malwarebytes went mad over it.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: 2012 December 07, 04:19:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yah that's the exact button I hit to start downloading, it seems to be working now, but the first time I downloaded it, the file name was "AlFrescoMarketSet.rar.exe" and malwarebytes went mad over it.

Same thing happened to me. I got the right file in the end though.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Shazaam
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: 2012 December 07, 08:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solution: Reupload it to mediafire!  Grin
Asmodeuseswife
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: 2012 December 09, 12:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until I went onto Sims VIP site I was unaware that monte vista had wall and floor sets in build mode. I searched the build/buy catalogue and can't find them anywhere.
I went into edit town mode and the patterns are there in the world itself, but, I am unable to clone any of them. Is this a decrap glitch or am I doing something wrong?
charmedjosh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: 2012 December 10, 04:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does any one still have Moryrie's Arcade Regency for the Library folder which includes the gum ball machine with it?
Radioactive
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: 2012 December 10, 18:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Until I went onto Sims VIP site I was unaware that monte vista had wall and floor sets in build mode. I searched the build/buy catalogue and can't find them anywhere.
I went into edit town mode and the patterns are there in the world itself, but, I am unable to clone any of them. Is this a decrap glitch or am I doing something wrong?

Yeah, I have the same issue.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: 2012 December 10, 19:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have the same issue.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,21330.msg596895.html#msg596895
Zed Pee Em
Asinine Airhead

Zed Pee Em..What? He's Canadian. I'm sorry.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2834 on: 2012 December 12, 03:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the FrightfulHairSET, a Simpoint Bundle. This is already decrapped, as the place I got it from had already decrapped it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ateb1zgalqi4l3a

Oh Canada, the pipes, the pipes are calling...
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: 2012 December 13, 21:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Stone's Throw Greenhouse is *supposedly* fixed now:  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/623591.page.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: 2012 December 14, 04:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see what they did there. It's basically the same fix as Inge's.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: 2012 December 14, 11:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Stone's Throw Greenhouse is *supposedly* fixed now:  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/623591.page.

Did exactly as their post described, went into game, no community lot. Can anyone provide me with just the community lot for this?
« Last Edit: 2012 December 14, 11:21:30 by Rubyelf » Logged

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: 2012 December 14, 13:58:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Stone's Throw Greenhouse is *supposedly* fixed now:  http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/623591.page.

Did exactly as their post described, went into game, no community lot. Can anyone provide me with just the community lot for this?

I ended up with the lot but no objects, I had to take a break, it was pissing me off.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: 2012 December 14, 15:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up with the lot but no objects, I had to take a break, it was pissing me off.

I went to uninstall my old lot, however it wouldn't show up in with the other "Installed content" in the launcher, actually I couldn't find the old lot in the game either, though  I had the Lemon tree and eggplant on another lot. (Using your fixes)  So being unable to uninstall a previous version and after questioning whether or not I ever really installed the greenhouse in the first place, I went ahead and installed the new one. Same results, I got the lot, but no roof pieces. I still have the lemon tree and eggplant on another lot of mine, along with the two showing up in buydebug.

Edit: I also just tried deleting my entire DCCache folder to remove everything, before reinstalling the new Greenhouse lot... After doing that, well the lot wouldn't even show up...     I then actually tried without any mods, any store fixes, even moved my ccmerge file, same result. 

So I guess if there are no traces to be found, absolutely nothing will show up, but if you have previously installed the lot, and traces remain, the new lot will show up, however the new modified objects , such as the roof pieces will not show up? Perhaps this explains why I had the plants available before, as they were not "New" in a sense, only the roof objects were.

That probably doesn't help very much, but maybe it might narrow down the issue a bit. At least it seems that the problem isn't anything already in the game, be it mods, fixes , DCCache or DCBackup...  I haven't heard anyone else complain on the bbs so far with their legit copies.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 14, 16:11:08 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: 2012 December 14, 16:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I re-named my Sims 3 Folder and installed the de-crapped updated version of the Greenhouse just fine into a empty game. The lot was in the bin, and the roof pieces cut the roof (just like Inge's). So, this means that de-crapifying the pack doesn't make it non-installable.

To install the new version of the Greenhouse in my actual game I did this:
1. Got the back up of the old (de-crapped) Greenhouse and re-installed it.
2. Went to the "Installed" tab in the launcher and the Greenhouse was showing first in the list.
3. Uninstalled the Greenhouse.
4. Deleted all caches.
5. Installed the new de-crapped Greenhouse via the launcher.

Then I went into the game and the lot was in the bin, the roof pieces were showing up, etc. I also checked the ccmerged.package just to be sure and it wasn't touched at all during the process.

Edit: @KawaiiMiyo, by the way, the Lemon Tree & the Purple Eggplant plants come with the Al Fresco venue that was released alongside MV, not the Greenhouse.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 14, 19:20:08 by notouching » Logged
bitterquill
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: 2012 December 14, 21:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you got the objects but not the lot, it just failed to place the lot in the library. Do this.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: 2012 December 14, 21:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I re-named my Sims 3 Folder and installed the de-crapped updated version of the Greenhouse just fine into a empty game. The lot was in the bin, and the roof pieces cut the roof (just like Inge's). So, this means that de-crapifying the pack doesn't make it non-installable.

To install the new version of the Greenhouse in my actual game I did this:
1. Got the back up of the old (de-crapped) Greenhouse and re-installed it.
2. Went to the "Installed" tab in the launcher and the Greenhouse was showing first in the list.
3. Uninstalled the Greenhouse.
4. Deleted all caches.
5. Installed the new de-crapped Greenhouse via the launcher.

Then I went into the game and the lot was in the bin, the roof pieces were showing up, etc. I also checked the ccmerged.package just to be sure and it wasn't touched at all during the process.

Edit: @KawaiiMiyo, by the way, the Lemon Tree & the Purple Eggplant plants come with the Al Fresco venue that was released alongside MV, not the Greenhouse.

I think I've got a case of PEBCAK because now I have two lots and no objects.

KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: 2012 December 14, 21:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Notouching, I just tried your method, and still no lot...

If the issue is just a matter of installing/uninstalling, then wouldn't my completely removing the dccache and clearing the dcbackup folder have solved the issue when I reinstalled? Unless there is some other super secret place store content leaves traces in.

Also my bad, regarding the lemon tree and egg plant.

I think I've got a case of PEBCAK because now I have two lots and no objects.

At some point during the reinstalling/uninstalling process I just tried, I wound up with three greenhouse files showing up the launcher, which I then uninstalled.  So maybe you just installed an extra copy or two somehow, and just need to locate and remove all copies.

If you got the objects but not the lot, it just failed to place the lot in the library. Do this.

Edit: Okay, this is exactly what happened. I also noticed the old file showed stonesthrow as a "Lot" in the launcher for me, whereas the new file showed it as an "Object" . Anyways, I located all the objects (The Swiftgrow gardening station in deco?) So everything apparently installed fine other than the lot not showing in the library.

Edit 2: Reinstalling after removing the DCCache doesn't seem to get the lot to show up, however since I have working objects, I no longer care about the actual lot and will stop at this point. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the file showing as object instead of lot though in my launcher, as the old version labeled lot showed up as a lot just fine in my game. Not sure on this one though, I rarely actually use store lots and only get them for the content.
« Last Edit: 2012 December 14, 22:06:41 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: 2012 December 14, 22:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, fixing the no lot issue is easy. Worst case, just run the de-crapped file though Delphy's Multi-Extractor and then go through the packages with s3pe. The lot will be the only package with an LDES resource, and the ICON resources will be a picture of the lot.

Objects not installing is a different issue. It kind of sounds like decrap fail, but then I wouldn't expect the lot to show up at all. I just went through my Library folder and noticed that I did have two greenhouse lots. One was the old one though. The timestamp on it made it obvious. So I guess uninstalling the set doesn't necessarily remove the lot from the Library. I don't think there is a super secret place where store content leaves a trace, but simply removing the DCCache doesn't remove all traces of store content. Store lots will still be in the Library folder, and the Worlds folder will still have the store .world files. I wouldn't expect these to cause such a problem when installing.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: 2012 December 16, 02:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lot will be the only package with an LDES resource, and the ICON resources will be a picture of the lot.

The XML file very plainly says that the package type is "Lot" too.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
WTFman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: 2012 December 18, 14:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently thinking of getting back into the Sims3 after being away for other games for along time. What evils has Ea started since last I played this game?  Have they put some kinda spyware in the game to detect not payed for content? What precautions should be taken before installing these items other than the decrapafied thing?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: 2012 December 18, 16:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently thinking of getting back into the Sims3 after being away for other games for along time. What evils has Ea started since last I played this game?  Have they put some kinda spyware in the game to detect not payed for content? What precautions should be taken before installing these items other than the decrapafied thing?

Nope. Just decrap.

Quijotesca
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: 2012 December 19, 05:34:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did CASTable versions of the older store fences ever come out? Getting real tired of having 9 versions of Estate Fencing sitting around.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: 2012 December 19, 05:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did CASTable versions of the older store fences ever come out? Getting real tired of having 9 versions of Estate Fencing sitting around.

No, but I am working on that ATM.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: