More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:21:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152175 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #2725 on: 2012 October 23, 23:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion on the matter is "who cares?" Anything they took done is readily available here and the stuff they did take down was all themed. My bet is that when seasons comes out they will have new themed holiday sets for us to pirate and the ones that they locked up will return when the appropriate holiday is near. I don't see the point in bitching about sets being taken away that have been around for ages, if you didn't have it already that's your problem. ARR!!!!!

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: 2012 October 24, 20:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My opinion on the matter is "who cares?" Anything they took done is readily available here and the stuff they did take down was all themed. My bet is that when seasons comes out they will have new themed holiday sets for us to pirate and the ones that they locked up will return when the appropriate holiday is near. I don't see the point in bitching about sets being taken away that have been around for ages, if you didn't have it already that's your problem. ARR!!!!!

I don't care if they take them down or not. What surprised me is that they uploaded the exact same set. What's the fucking point? I too thought they were going to add more stuff to the sets and then upload them with each holiday. This doesn't seem to be the case.  Hence I was wondering if they added coding of some sort. Like I said, trying to understand EA's logic will screw up your brain.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Cynarra
Blathering Buffoon

S&W: The original point and click interface. ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: 2012 October 28, 02:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the 31st update include this Mid Century Mod Dining and Style update http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.msg595507.html#msg595507

I AM THE LAW!  Judge Dredd
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: 2012 October 28, 13:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the 31st update include this Mid Century Mod Dining and Style update http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.msg595507.html#msg595507 ?

Are you seriously asking if a set that came out in the ass end of 2012 was included in a 2011 compilation?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: 2012 October 29, 19:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did simmeremma update the Drifter's Desire set?

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: 2012 November 01, 17:13:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New set available at the store: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:57680

JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: 2012 November 02, 20:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so after searching various threads, I found one on how to decrapify/using The Compressorizer Redux, as well as Pescado's notes on making sure saved games and etc are also fixed (Pescado's notes were posted in 2010--I assume this information still stands?).

I have four questions still:

1.) Clarifying that any downloads I get from this site's specified "Downloads only" thread will need to be decrapified as well as Sims3Packs that I already have purchased from the Sims 3 store (clothing, hair, worlds etc) in my game?

2.) Do package files such as clothing and makeup from non-EA sites also need decrapified since they are loaded into the game as well? Or no because they are not EA's?

3.) When downloading a world (i.e. Sunlit Tides) from your "Downloads only" thread will it just contain a "SunlitTides.Sims3Pack" in it like any other object download or are there various parts that make up the world that need decrapified, too? The reason I do not know the answer to this myself yet is because I've never wanted to download a world before and also when I clicked the download my PC said that it would take more than an hour to download (due to my location's internet connection).

4.) Assuming that my game and its folders are properly patched and all that needs to be decrapified is--if I decide to make a new save I shouldn't have any problems since said worlds/objects are already decrapified, correct?
« Last Edit: 2012 November 02, 20:46:31 by StarryEyedDreamer » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: 2012 November 02, 22:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.) Clarifying that any downloads I get from this site's specified "Downloads only" thread will need to be decrapified as well as Sims3Packs that I already have purchased from the Sims 3 store (clothing, hair, worlds etc) in my game?

Yes. No.

2.) Do package files such as clothing and makeup from non-EA sites also need decrapified since they are loaded into the game as well? Or no because they are not EA's?

No.

3.) When downloading a world (i.e. Sunlit Tides) from your "Downloads only" thread will it just contain a "SunlitTides.Sims3Pack" in it like any other object download or are there various parts that make up the world that need decrapified, too? The reason I do not know the answer to this myself yet is because I've never wanted to download a world before and also when I clicked the download my PC said that it would take more than an hour to download (due to my location's internet connection).

Yes, no.

4.) Assuming that my game and its folders are properly patched and all that needs to be decrapified is--if I decide to make a new save I shouldn't have any problems since said worlds/objects are already decrapified, correct?

Yes?

JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: 2012 November 02, 23:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for #1 you're saying that downloads need to be decrapified but pre-existing store-bought items are fine? (Just want to make sure I understood the yes and no.)

Thank you for answering my post.

Not sure if it counts for much, but I hope your weekend treats you kindly.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: 2012 November 02, 23:29:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talk about truth in naming.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
twoftmama
Blathering Buffoon

Domestic Goddess

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: 2012 November 03, 19:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So for #1 you're saying that downloads need to be decrapified but pre-existing store-bought items are fine? (Just want to make sure I understood the yes and no.)

That's correct.

If the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left handed people are in their right mind.

TFM'S Naughty Sims Asylum
isntitconfuzing
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: 2012 November 04, 08:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please explain how to install the store content. I have followed the links searched the forum and google and the only links I have found are these two:
http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=468
http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=466

When I click to go to them it takes me to some coupon website. Any help would be greatly apprciated.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: 2012 November 04, 15:37:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please explain how to install the store content. I have followed the links searched the forum and google and the only links I have found are these two:

When I click to go to them it takes me to some coupon website. Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Here you go:

Glad I could help.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: 2012 November 04, 23:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're doing it wrong.

Both the links you posted take me to Jfade's forum (not to "some coupon website") although the first links to a topic that doesn't exist.  The second link is to the wrong topic, but if you can navigate a forum you can get to the thread you were looking for in two clicks.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
freckles
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: 2012 November 05, 18:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all lies. I doubt very much that you have searched Google,at all. I just did a search on Google and there are lots of pages with help for this very subject. Hell there is even a sims wiki page on there,and that's on the very first page.
Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: 2012 November 05, 19:49:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go:

Glad I could help.
Really you are telling someone else to search when you don't?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: 2012 November 05, 20:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go:

Glad I could help.
Really you are telling someone else to search when you don't?

When it comes to one of the most asked/answered question around here? Fuck yea he is. Since when does Jezzer not search moar? I think I remember one time when that came up, once, and it was lulzy. TITS or GTFO.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: 2012 November 05, 23:39:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At last count, I think there were three -- possibly four -- posts with detailed instructions on how to get Store Content to work in the game, each of which promised to prevent hordes of tards from asking the same stupid questions in the future.

Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: 2012 November 06, 01:15:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At last count, I think there were three -- possibly four -- posts with detailed instructions on how to get Store Content to work in the game, each of which promised to prevent hordes of tards from asking the same stupid questions in the future.
Ahh ok that makes since then. Tell people to search away then.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: 2012 November 08, 17:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new set in the store: Waning Moon http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:57762&categoryId=11488
It's a huge set with a mix of furniture & CAS items - 2 female hairs, 2 males hairs and a bunch of clothes. 2300 points Roll Eyes, but it totals 47 items. No premium.
JustASimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: 2012 November 08, 18:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question/concern about item duplication:

There were a few sets where I only bought/installed one or so items because I didn't have the money or whatever my reasoning had been.

When I download that same set here, will I have duplicate items? Or no?

Would I need to uninstall any items that I've already bought and installed that are going to be in these sets or are they "safe" as they are?

I was looking at this chunk of information from Pescado's notes:
"1.) Permanently and irreversibly alters the target package/s3pack. Due to the type of damage involved, the game will see the decrapified object as a separate object from a non-decrapified object. Any saved game that used these objects or skins will be broken as a result, but..."

I already plan to follow the instructions for saved games and what not so that part shouldn't be an issue with broken items.

I just am not sure if the above information means that all will be okay as long as saved games and so on are decrapified or if they cannot both be installed.

I realize that my knowledge on the full effects of decrapification is obvious right now; I just want to ensure that I understand all aspects and scenarios.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: 2012 November 08, 19:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't expect a new set so soon. Don't they always skip a week? Seems nice. Only 2 hairs though?

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: 2012 November 08, 19:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it's a total of 4 hairs.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: 2012 November 08, 19:07:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, it's a total of 4 hairs.

Oops! 2 male and 2 female hairs, I need a new pair of glasses. I was hoping for more native american hairstyles. The one in the set is pretty lame and unoriginal. I guess I'll do a Google search and see if any CC maker made an ACIII Connor hair.
« Last Edit: 2012 November 08, 19:44:24 by virgali » Logged

myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: 2012 November 11, 14:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of 537 store items downloaded and decrapified, I have 175 that remain as little brown boxes in the launcher. I have tried de-crapping them multiple times and they still stay as little brown boxes. My addled memory seems to recall this means there is a problem and the items won't install right.  Am I recalling correctly?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: