More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:44:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152098 times)
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #2175 on: 2012 March 07, 05:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question for you, I saw you uploaded some of the pre-order items, are those the items gained from the Katy Perry version? Or are items in there entirely different? The Katy Perry version was not made available in Australia (least where I live it wasn't).
If you want an actual copy, ozgameshop has it for $41.99 AUD with free shipping. All the other Aus retailers are either $49.99/$59.99.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2012 March 07, 06:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question for you, I saw you uploaded some of the pre-order items, are those the items gained from the Katy Perry version? Or are items in there entirely different? The Katy Perry version was not made available in Australia (least where I live it wasn't).
If you want an actual copy, ozgameshop has it for $41.99 AUD with free shipping. All the other Aus retailers are either $49.99/$59.99.

I'll look into that if I really want to try these new "features", but from reading what others said regarding them, I am not too interested anymore. I live in rural Australia, so the only shops close by are an hour away, and each of them are charging a whopping $75 for the game...and mail takes an extra week or more to arrive here. Hard enough forking out ~$200 every time I need to do practical exams at Brisbane University, when things cost almost double to triple out here.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: 2012 March 07, 07:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kissingtoast: In my files, the package files appear as blank icons with the title of the file on them. The Sims3 pack files appear as the blue w/the green plumbob and the title. So they are two entirely different types of files and function differently as well. I tried placing the Sims3 pack file in my Library folder but could not see Lunar Lakes in my game.

I mentioned Barnacle Bay as a means of showing that while it is a package file, it also has a different suffix being a world file and so it resides in the Installed Worlds folder. I haven't had any problems w/different neighborhoods appearing before trying to install Lunar Lakes.

Huh  I think you need to re-read what you have posted because your answer is in that as to why Lunar Lakes is not showing up.

Yes, this is why I posted to show that Skadi's post says to place the Sims3 pack file in the Library folder. That was a red flag to me as I said previously that as I understood the process, only package files were to be placed in the Library folder. So, was asking if the system had changed and/or if Skadi's post was a typo or mistake?

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2178 on: 2012 March 07, 08:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I said anything about the world. I honestly don't know the best way to get it working. I have a .world and .package file for people to try, but I haven't had success with it.

Rubyelf - it ends up being cheaper to get shiz from places like Ozgameshop since they don't charge for shipping. Aus Post pricing is like robbery.

Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: 2012 March 07, 08:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi: If you have a world file then it might work to place it in the Installed Worlds folder. I believe Witch or someone discovered this when the debacle that was Barnacle Bay happened. I have a Barnacle Bay world file in my Installed Worlds folder, and it works just fine.

Did you post the Lunar Lakes world file in your previous post where the objects file is also?

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
HugDopey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: 2012 March 07, 11:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to do both. It's getting a bit trickier to get this stuff working.

I'm assuming you mean AND installing the lunar lakes sims3pack (after being decrapped) AND putting the package file in the mods file.

I did that (lunar lakes installed fine).

Or is there also a sims3pack of the tree somewhere to be found.

Oh and I tried the tree in Sunset Valley... not Lunar Lakes (don't know if that makes a difference)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: 2012 March 07, 15:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed when I loaded up Showtime last night and went to CAS that a bunch of male store hairs have vanished from my game, primarily hats.  I'm using Moryrie's files.  Further info once I've investigated further.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Miss Malevolent
Asinine Airhead

Bitch³

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2182 on: 2012 March 07, 17:09:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the clothing file is referencing a file outside of the package that needs to be undecrapified. Try this in your Mods\Packages folder.
Thanks this worked for the most part. It doesn'it morph for the fatties, so they get an insta-diet and their ankles broken, but that's fine by me.

"We're going to have a historic election regardless. We're gonna elect either our oldest president ever, or our first African American president, or our first woman president."
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: 2012 March 07, 18:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Showtime has been properly "released" now. Seems like fairlight grabbed it this time. I'll keep you posted if the store content in Moryrie's files vanishes with it properly installed, but I need to wait for it to finish downloading. No torrents for me, I use usenet.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: 2012 March 07, 19:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the male store hair is showing up for me. Even hats.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: 2012 March 07, 19:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welp, the Katy Perry collectors set has also been done.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/MUCRUkMz/EP6KatyPerrySet__TG_.html

File is already decrapped, do not use unless you have a MAC. ~witch
« Last Edit: 2012 March 08, 22:59:33 by witch » Logged
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: 2012 March 08, 02:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Ultimate Venue and Stage set a object or a lot?
dreamtrap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2012 March 08, 05:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lunur lake not install with showtime says need patch but already patched?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2012 March 08, 05:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the Ultimate Venue and Stage set a object or a lot?
It has objects and a lot in it as well.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2012 March 08, 05:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lunur lake not install with showtime says need patch but already patched?

Just do yourself a favor and turn back now.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
dreamtrap
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: 2012 March 08, 05:23:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why turn back?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: 2012 March 08, 05:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the male store hair is showing up for me. Even hats.

It's showing up for me again now.  Weird.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: 2012 March 08, 06:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I must be the only one having problems with the MATY store files not installing. I did a clean install before Showtime came, then added Showtime and my downloads folder for the game. Everything I did not purchase was missing. I installed everything again, still missing. Now I'm in the process of re-decrapifying the untouched sims3packs, and a few are showing up but only a small fraction. Did anyone else do a clean install?
icantbebothered
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: 2012 March 08, 14:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had problems with the Ultimate Stage lot.  Although the thumbnail looks correct, when I place it in game my building is just a black box.  The lot had (of course) to be decrapified to be installed.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: 2012 March 08, 15:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I extracted the files from the sims3pack, and put em into a package. Easy enough to do when you just run s3rc.exe on it then grab those files out of it. Since the items don't contain any counters or sectionals, they work properly as package files.
Ox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: 2012 March 08, 15:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, well, I'm trying to install the More Magic, Life of Adventure, treasure hunt (never ending honeymoon), and the future shock mood object thing sims3pack files found in "Ts3 Store, Downloads only"

I've updated my game fully - 10.0.96.15001 (Patch 1.31) and then tried to install the sims3packs. Every time I do, however, I get:

Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.

Not sure what to do.
NightDove
Tasty Tourist

yaaaay.

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: 2012 March 08, 16:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, well, I'm trying to install the More Magic, Life of Adventure, treasure hunt (never ending honeymoon), and the future shock mood object thing sims3pack files found in "Ts3 Store, Downloads only"

I've updated my game fully - 10.0.96.15001 (Patch 1.31) and then tried to install the sims3packs. Every time I do, however, I get:

Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again.

Not sure what to do.

The files will need decrapifying first

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan
Ox
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: 2012 March 08, 17:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The files will need decrapifying first
I think I decrapified them properly (downloaded the program from jfade and replaced the two files), selected decrapify, added them to the list and ran it.

However, I still got the same message.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: 2012 March 08, 17:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note to this, I noticed that Moryrie hasn't been around for a while, is she OK?

She didn't say anything at the MATY luncheon last week.

icantbebothered
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: 2012 March 08, 18:32:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I extracted the files from the sims3pack, and put em into a package. Easy enough to do when you just run s3rc.exe on it then grab those files out of it. Since the items don't contain any counters or sectionals, they work properly as package files.

Thanks,  I had a brain freeze moment and forgot about that method.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: