More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:06:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152163 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #2150 on: 2012 March 04, 02:22:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use .packages for all content except counters. You could install the worlds decrapified to avoid getting some major issues with lots not showing up properly and if dupes bother you, too bad, the only way to get it to work properly is to have it installed and have those dupes.

I have not had any issues with the .package files, except if a counter is in the set, which I install so using CAS on them works.
TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: 2012 March 04, 02:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good evening to you all. This is my first post, so I'll try to be succinct.

I have all expansion packs up to and including Master Suite (updated to 11.0.84.014.017). Most of the .sims3pack downloads I have are from either icantbebothered or jeromycraig. (As an aside, thank you to both as it is nice to have these packs without having to give my credit card number to EA.)

After decrappifying the packs and installing, the items show up in the installed list as well as in the game. I am not noticing any glitches or problems with them during play. The next time I load up the game, the launcher says that the only .sims3pack items installed are the ones I used my free points to purchase or are the free ones given away as bonuses. Even the worlds disappear from the installed list.

I have tried several different attempts to repair this problem including deleting the DCBackup and DCCache folders, followed by re-installing the objects. I even went so far as today completely uninstalling the game, deleting the entire The Sims 3 folder from the Documents folder. Afterwards, I fully re-installed the game and the objects, but still no luck.

I was curious as to whether the update that was done recently where the game tries to sell stuff from the store might be interfering with my installed list. I blocked the EA programs from dialing home with my router as was suggested on the forum, as well as installing the .sims3pack in bunches of no greater than 50. Neither of those worked. Any other ideas?

I use decrapified sims3packs, and I have items missing from the installed list, but they are still present in the game. This has been the case for quite some time, not just since the latest patch.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: 2012 March 04, 03:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good evening to you all. This is my first post, so I'll try to be succinct.

I have all expansion packs up to and including Master Suite (updated to 11.0.84.014.017). Most of the .sims3pack downloads I have are from either icantbebothered or jeromycraig. (As an aside, thank you to both as it is nice to have these packs without having to give my credit card number to EA.)

After decrappifying the packs and installing, the items show up in the installed list as well as in the game. I am not noticing any glitches or problems with them during play. The next time I load up the game, the launcher says that the only .sims3pack items installed are the ones I used my free points to purchase or are the free ones given away as bonuses. Even the worlds disappear from the installed list.

I have tried several different attempts to repair this problem including deleting the DCBackup and DCCache folders, followed by re-installing the objects. I even went so far as today completely uninstalling the game, deleting the entire The Sims 3 folder from the Documents folder. Afterwards, I fully re-installed the game and the objects, but still no luck.

I was curious as to whether the update that was done recently where the game tries to sell stuff from the store might be interfering with my installed list. I blocked the EA programs from dialing home with my router as was suggested on the forum, as well as installing the .sims3pack in bunches of no greater than 50. Neither of those worked. Any other ideas?

I use decrapified sims3packs, and I have items missing from the installed list, but they are still present in the game. This has been the case for quite some time, not just since the latest patch.

This has always been my case with the launcher, as long as it tells you that it installed and you get the icon thingy you should be fine. Then again, you aren't so speshul and tardly that you didn't even bother to actually check in game as to whether or not the items were in fact still there before posting, right?
« Last Edit: 2012 March 04, 03:48:01 by kissing_toast » Logged

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Oniichanaino
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: 2012 March 04, 03:46:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Definitely speshul, but not entirely. The reason it got my attention was the disappearing worlds. My sim is living in Hidden Springs, but when the world disappeared, I couldn't load the save game. I did try again using the base world with everything installed and showing the icon. The next time it loaded, I got the error warning me that some items were not available when I tried to start the save game. I made another sim then and found that all the items in the game excepting purchased items from the store and expansion items were gone. Now THAT is very tardly. I do believe the game is actually checking my purchases against the store and blocking them from being used.

I am currently reading up on how to use packages as I've never dealt with them before.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: 2012 March 04, 13:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oniichanaino, are you perhaps connecting to Origin and allowing it to connect? Also are you using AwesomeMod? AM stops a lot of the 'connection' crap that EA throws to see what you are doing in game etc. I have installed a lot using the launcher and sims3packs, but never had the issue you have explained, so perhaps it involves Origin, and the other part that AM disables (EA checking your game etc).

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
HugDopey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: 2012 March 04, 18:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch confirmed the fruit worked using the package file. <- Skadi.... I'm sorry to say that it doesn't work for me. My sims stand by the tree and do nothing.

Patch 1.29 and awesomemod no other mods.

Any ideas?

Sorry to be such a burden
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: 2012 March 04, 21:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The package works IN ADDITION to decrapping and installing the sims3pack. Just in case people are thinking the package works all by itself.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2157 on: 2012 March 05, 02:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to do both. It's getting a bit trickier to get this stuff working.

Tia
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: 2012 March 05, 22:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone tell me how The Not So Routine Machine machine is suppose to work I don't think its working properly.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: 2012 March 06, 02:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had a problem getting Lunar Lakes to work in their game? I've downloaded the Sims3 pack file from Skadi's post but can't see the new neighborhood in my game. I thought any neighborhood file had to be a package file to place it in the Library folder. I got Barnacle Bay to work by placing the package file in the Installed Worlds file. Does Lunar Lakes work for everyone as a Sims3 pack file placed in the Library folder?

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2160 on: 2012 March 06, 03:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had a problem getting Lunar Lakes to work in their game? I've downloaded the Sims3 pack file from Skadi's post but can't see the new neighborhood in my game. I thought any neighborhood file had to be a package file to place it in the Library folder. I got Barnacle Bay to work by placing the package file in the Installed Worlds file. Does Lunar Lakes work for everyone as a Sims3 pack file placed in the Library folder?

I really, really hope you are just having a brain fart moment.

*crosses fingers*

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: 2012 March 06, 06:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At MTS people are saying that there are free items only available through in game shop mode http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3799708#post3799708 Can anyone confirm if it's really the case?
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: 2012 March 06, 09:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kissingtoast: In my files, the package files appear as blank icons with the title of the file on them. The Sims3 pack files appear as the blue w/the green plumbob and the title. So they are two entirely different types of files and function differently as well. I tried placing the Sims3 pack file in my Library folder but could not see Lunar Lakes in my game.

I mentioned Barnacle Bay as a means of showing that while it is a package file, it also has a different suffix being a world file and so it resides in the Installed Worlds folder. I haven't had any problems w/different neighborhoods appearing before trying to install Lunar Lakes.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
icantbebothered
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: 2012 March 06, 16:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kissingtoast: In my files, the package files appear as blank icons with the title of the file on them. The Sims3 pack files appear as the blue w/the green plumbob and the title. So they are two entirely different types of files and function differently as well. I tried placing the Sims3 pack file in my Library folder but could not see Lunar Lakes in my game.

I mentioned Barnacle Bay as a means of showing that while it is a package file, it also has a different suffix being a world file and so it resides in the Installed Worlds folder. I haven't had any problems w/different neighborhoods appearing before trying to install Lunar Lakes.

Huh  I think you need to re-read what you have posted because your answer is in that as to why Lunar Lakes is not showing up.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: 2012 March 06, 19:51:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now all we need are the Katy Perry inspired items then we have all the "perks" that come with The Sims 3 Showtime. It's an additional sims3pack I bet.

Of course we need the actual game too.
akamaxx
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: 2012 March 06, 19:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is on internet already, but there is no serial yet.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: 2012 March 06, 19:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm talking about the proper scene release.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2167 on: 2012 March 06, 22:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a serial in the comments.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: 2012 March 06, 22:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the one available on PB (it was listed as the Katy Perry collectors edition)? I saw it last night, but it was downloading at 0.3kb/s so I gave up.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: 2012 March 06, 23:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one on PB doesn't work properly. Wait for proper.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: 2012 March 06, 23:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one on PB doesn't work properly. Wait for proper.

How so? I read the comments and it stated installing it was a pain in the arse, but others have claimed it's working, there is another release out on a different site, but there is 0 comments and the speed was slow as too, the files were also in .rar format, and typically RELOADED don't do that.

Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: 2012 March 07, 00:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehhh, it's a bizzare method of installing, but pretty straightforward and works just fine on my end.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: 2012 March 07, 00:42:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also keep the archive files in case I want to install it in the future if I uninstall it, and a proper release is the best way of having that occur. Not in a hurry either because Mass Effect 3 was "released".

Origin preorder radio works without Showtime installed. I extracted the files, and the radio shows up, the lot shows up, but it's not placable. The DJ booth probably can't show up because it needs the actual other booths in the game too. Maybe.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 07, 01:00:23 by IAmTheRad » Logged
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: 2012 March 07, 01:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ehhh, it's a bizzare method of installing, but pretty straightforward and works just fine on my end.

I have a question for you, I saw you uploaded some of the pre-order items, are those the items gained from the Katy Perry version? Or are items in there entirely different? The Katy Perry version was not made available in Australia (least where I live it wasn't).

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: 2012 March 07, 03:51:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question for you, I saw you uploaded some of the pre-order items, are those the items gained from the Katy Perry version? Or are items in there entirely different? The Katy Perry version was not made available in Australia (least where I live it wasn't).

The Katy Perry edition is a seperate sims3pack file. Preorder radio is origin preorder, limited edition (not the same as Katy Perry) is the ultimate venue, and the registration reward is the DJ booth. We're just missing the final piece of the incentives.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: