More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 06:13:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2162530 times)
Showtime
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #2000 on: 2012 January 30, 16:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am searching for the january 2012 set , a package, not from panama crew  Wink
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2001 on: 2012 January 30, 21:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am searching for the january 2012 set , a package, not from panama crew  Wink

As far as I know the kitchens are not currently available as packages. The last person to release them took them down after the megaupload incident.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: 2012 January 30, 23:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not tried it with enemies but Sims at stranger or aquaintance level cannot be voodoo'd. They can be assigned to the doll but then any further action cancels itself.
Is everybody else experiencing this?

I have a Sim that lives with another she pretty well detests and the doll works on him.  It seems pretty easy for it to get knocked out of queue though.

Okay, so it works on disliked Sims but have you tried it on Sims either with a Stranger or Aquaintance relationship? Someone your Sim hasn't met before?
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: 2012 January 31, 00:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not tried it with enemies but Sims at stranger or aquaintance level cannot be voodoo'd. They can be assigned to the doll but then any further action cancels itself.
Is everybody else experiencing this?

I have a Sim that lives with another she pretty well detests and the doll works on him.  It seems pretty easy for it to get knocked out of queue though.

Okay, so it works on disliked Sims but have you tried it on Sims either with a Stranger or Aquaintance relationship? Someone your Sim hasn't met before?

It worked on an acquaintance, someone who had been met but not interacted with much.  It bound to a stranger, but Error Trap reset my Sim when I tried to use it, so it seems that does not work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: 2012 January 31, 14:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its broken now. There are many texts missing.
If texts are missing, it is because your original install is missing them, which means it's bad. The texts should already be in the main install, and a redundant copy just wastes memory. TS3 has enough memory problems as it is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: 2012 January 31, 16:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think my issues with the voodoo doll are either trait related or this one particular Sim is fubar'd.
I loaded a different save in a different town with different Sims. The Sim I used this time was a Simbot. I gave him the voodoo doll and he quite happilly used it on his fellow Simbot as well as a complete stranger mixologist.

What I have noticed with my previous Sim is that although the action cancels, he still seems to gain relationship alterations. If I try to get him to curse an unknown Sim, the action fails but they both get the negative relationship icons over their heads and a drop in relationship. My Sim has the perfectionist trait and the voodoo doll ITUN does make mention of the Perfectionist trait. He is also Shy.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: 2012 January 31, 16:49:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to think my issues with the voodoo doll are either trait related or this one particular Sim is fubar'd.
I loaded a different save in a different town with different Sims. The Sim I used this time was a Simbot. I gave him the voodoo doll and he quite happilly used it on his fellow Simbot as well as a complete stranger mixologist.

What I have noticed with my previous Sim is that although the action cancels, he still seems to gain relationship alterations. If I try to get him to curse an unknown Sim, the action fails but they both get the negative relationship icons over their heads and a drop in relationship. My Sim has the perfectionist trait and the voodoo doll ITUN does make mention of the Perfectionist trait. He is also Shy.

Does it fail with the proper animations or just nothing happens?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: 2012 January 31, 17:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing happens. This is both with your fix and without. The Sim in question can Bind the doll to any Sim on any lot - that always succeeds. Then if I try to tell him to use any of the options other than binding it to a different Sim, the action fails so long as the target Sim is at Stranger or Aquaintance level.
The action gets added to his que, he walks over to the target Sim, the action then drops from the que (including with the little red X) and then the relationship updates as though the action had been carried out.
The actions DO succeed if the target Sim is at friends level and above relationship or enemies and below.

I've also just realised that the ITUN relating to Perfectionists is simply noting that a Sim with the Perfectionist trait is more likely to use the Bless interaction than any of the others when left to their own devices.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: 2012 January 31, 18:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The voodoo doll works fine when left unconverted. My problem with this damned thing is that it always takes forever (at least 30-40 sim seconds) to curse someone, especially when the target Sim is in the middle of an interaction. It takes so long that it's not even worth trying to harm them when you get no moodlets to accommodate the waiting time (except for the Evil trait, perhaps).
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: 2012 January 31, 18:58:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing happens. This is both with your fix and without. The Sim in question can Bind the doll to any Sim on any lot - that always succeeds. Then if I try to tell him to use any of the options other than binding it to a different Sim, the action fails so long as the target Sim is at Stranger or Aquaintance level.
The action gets added to his que, he walks over to the target Sim, the action then drops from the que (including with the little red X) and then the relationship updates as though the action had been carried out.
The actions DO succeed if the target Sim is at friends level and above relationship or enemies and below.

I've also just realised that the ITUN relating to Perfectionists is simply noting that a Sim with the Perfectionist trait is more likely to use the Bless interaction than any of the others when left to their own devices.

That's strange, I don't have this problem, I just checked it out for you. I started a new neighborhood and sent a random sim to the park to bind the doll and then cursed a stranger, everything worked and the sims had no relationship what-so-ever.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2010 on: 2012 January 31, 21:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking it is Sim specific but I don't know what it is about him that is causing the issues.
As I said, my Simbot in Twinbrook had no issue using it on strangers. I shall test further tomorrow to see if it is the Sim or the world that is affected.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: 2012 February 02, 20:07:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad you managed to get the set. I can't even view the details of the Climbing Wall at the site as all I get is a 404.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: 2012 February 02, 20:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad you managed to get the set. I can't even view the details of the Climbing Wall at the site as all I get is a 404.

Same here. I was trying to get the rock climbing wall separately and post, but that page doesn't work. I have the other parts separate right now, guess I will prepare it until the rock climbing wall comes up. Bummer.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
INateYou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: 2012 February 02, 21:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time I try to use s3pe to view package files I import them as dbcfile, or package, and no matter what I get the error message "Could not open package 0x0b0210a33aff4a5d81969f039b5093d4.package.
Expected magic tag 'DBPF'.  Found 'DBPP'." What am I doing wrong?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: 2012 February 02, 21:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to decrapify your sims3packs before converting them to packages.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: 2012 February 02, 21:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not entirely true.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: 2012 February 02, 22:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the problems with my voodoo doll - absolutely the fault of the Sim. Be it traits, relationships or glitched character data I don't know but all other Sims I've tried it with have no issues with it. Just thought I'd draw a line under that.

Just tried the climbing wall out in game and my word do Sims gain athletic skill quick from it! I had an old woman climb it for about 5 Sim hours and she reached athletic level 4 from 0! The skill bar just jumps up!
It's actually pretty cool. Sims can train on it, climb it at three different difficulties and race against other Sims at the same three difficulty levels too. I shall be adding it to my lot which features the sky diving rabbit hole.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: 2012 February 02, 22:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, the problems with my voodoo doll - absolutely the fault of the Sim. Be it traits, relationships or glitched character data I don't know but all other Sims I've tried it with have no issues with it. Just thought I'd draw a line under that.

Just tried the climbing wall out in game and my word do Sims gain athletic skill quick from it! I had an old woman climb it for about 5 Sim hours and she reached athletic level 4 from 0! The skill bar just jumps up!
It's actually pretty cool. Sims can train on it, climb it at three different difficulties and race against other Sims at the same three difficulty levels too. I shall be adding it to my lot which features the sky diving rabbit hole.

What's this sky diving rabbit hole you speak of?

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2018 on: 2012 February 02, 23:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run them through S3RC before turning them into package. When ever I forget they go 'splode.

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: 2012 February 02, 23:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The skydiving rabbit hole is from the 2012 Ford Focus Thrill Seeker Pack.  I believe it came out at the end of December 2011.  You got the new Ford Focus 5-Door, the skydiving center, & some remote in buy mode that changes the lights in your Sims' house.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: 2012 February 03, 00:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run them through S3RC before turning them into package. When ever I forget they go 'splode.

Same here, except I just use decrapify.exe.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: 2012 February 03, 08:31:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if anyone's interested, but someone made a mod to stop the cauldron from dropping your sim's energy when conjuring: http://scarletsims-creations.blogspot.com/2012/01/cauldron-no-energy-decay.html
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: 2012 February 03, 14:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A -30 Energy drop every time you use the cauldron?  Seriously, EA?

clemssou
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: 2012 February 03, 19:34:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,

I really want to download this Rock Wall : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.msg586533.html#msg586533

But, the problem is that I can't install this sims3pack file (I just can install package files), My launcher bug with them, So is possible to post the file in package format ??

Thanks =)
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: 2012 February 03, 20:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never mind, nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: 2012 February 05, 22:48:26 by Insanity Prelude » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: