More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 14:38:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2167319 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1850 on: 2011 December 10, 21:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morriganrant, thank you so much!  I will go give that a go right now.  I really appreciate you explaining that to me, because I was extrememly confused and I have a much better grasp of the actual install process now thanks to you.  Again, thank you very, very much!

Just remember that all files in DCCache are not from this sims3pack install, if you have installed sims3packs before the files in DCCache will contain those items. It should create a new .dbc file for this install, so don't delete files other then the one created just now. Otherwise you will be deleting objects you've installed previously.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Dark_Author
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: 2011 December 10, 22:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did what you said and now the store is showing up perfectly and it looks like everythings in it.  So, thank you again for that.  The only issue is that when I click on the register is says "browse" all greyed out because the store is closed.  I waitied for several in game hours (it was during the day) and no one came to open it.  Does it sometimes take a while to spawn or hire a worker or is this a sign that I screwed up?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: 2011 December 11, 01:07:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did what you said and now the store is showing up perfectly and it looks like everythings in it.  So, thank you again for that.  The only issue is that when I click on the register is says "browse" all greyed out because the store is closed.  I waitied for several in game hours (it was during the day) and no one came to open it.  Does it sometimes take a while to spawn or hire a worker or is this a sign that I screwed up?

That may be a sign of a nonworking register. I haven't actually fucked with the store. Just gotten it to show in the game. I assume my register functions as I have AM and the decrapified register, which nearly everyone else has and seems to work for them.

Did you decrapify the sims3pack first? Do you also have a decrapidied register?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Dark_Author
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: 2011 December 11, 21:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry I couldn't get back to you until now.  I had to leave yesterday to help my husband take care of his grandparents for the night.  I don't think I decrappified the sims3 pack that I extracted the lot from, but I could always redownload it and try again to make absolutely sure.  I read something on here that said that decrapping the register breaks it.  I don't have a seperate download of the register, so I know I don't have decrapified version of that by itself.  If by AM you mean the Ambitions pack, I have that, too.  I've got all the EP's, just not the SPs.  In the downloads option for the store stuff, there are a few different posts with uploaded versions of the store...maybe I grabbed a bad one?  Which one did you grab?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: 2011 December 11, 21:35:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AM is usually AwesomeMod.
AMB is usually Ambitions.
Dark_Author
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: 2011 December 11, 22:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you, Menaceman.  In that case, I do use Awesome Mod.  Can't play without it.
Dark_Author
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: 2011 December 12, 04:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im sorry for the double post, but everytime I saved an edit to my previous post it wouldn't take, so I just gave up.

Anyway, I finally got the bloody thing to work by installing a decrapified sims3pack of the pet shop while still keeping the lot file I made earlier in my libraries folder.  I'm not sure if this was the smartest way to go about fixing it, but it did work.  I figured I'd let everyone know what worked for me in case someone else ends up with the same issue.  Thanks again for all the help!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: 2011 December 12, 04:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the 'Modify' button for a successful edit.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
elansims
Asinine Airhead

INFP, actually

View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: 2011 December 14, 04:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite sure if a reply to the topic is better served than a PM.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

coltraz, in a post which was moved to the downloads thread, you mentioned that you put all of the Mid-Century Compilation items individually in an archive file and you uploaded it.  Have you done this with any other sets?  I might get some use out of individual packages for certain sets, too.  Some of the crap EA makes is stupid, and then they lump it with a few nice things in the compilations/sets.

Alternatively, when I download a compilation/set converted into a package, how can I be sure what files go to what items when I open that package in s3pe?  Clearly, many are marked with the item name, but they don't all appear to be.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: 2011 December 15, 00:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done it with all of the sets that interested me, but I pretty much just wiped out a bunch of the stuff I didn't want and repackaged the things I did want. So there's no guarantee you'll like/dislike the same things as me, and you wouldn't know what's missing unless you install the package and then check what you've got from the compilation/set in game, comparing it to the listing of items at the store website. Not fun. But I'll continue individual packages of things for future Store releases.

As for your other question...I don't get what you mean. With that mid-century compilation, all the .packages of each individual file are named whatever name they have as their store title. Aren't they? If you extract a Sims3pack that contains more than one item, generally the resulting .packages will not be named anything other than 0ffc3442blahblah.package, etc. You just need to open each of these .package files in S3PE and check the thumbnail or STBL to tell what it is, and rename it manually. Or delete it if it's an item you don't want. I don't know if that answers your question or not because like I said, I'm not entirely sure what it is you mean.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1860 on: 2011 December 16, 11:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like there's going to be a voodoo doll, cow plant, and rock-climbing wall coming out in January. At least, that's what I'm gathering from the Facebook page. There's another "sneak peak" on day 10, but I can't really figure out what it's supposed to be.

A voodoo doll and a cauldron sound like they'd be in a "magic" pack if you ask me. The cow plant may also be involved.

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: 2011 December 16, 11:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you just make this crap up or something? There's nothing on that page at all, just a splash screen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 2011 December 16, 11:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There should be a "Countdown Event" with dates on it. If you click on the dates, some of them have discount codes, some have "Sneak Peaks," some are just lame advertisements. If my link doesn't work, then there's an advert at the store for the Facebook page.

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 2011 December 16, 11:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are on some serious drugs, then, because there is NOTHING like that on the page, only some splash screen.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: 2011 December 16, 13:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are on some serious drugs, then, because there is NOTHING like that on the page, only some splash screen.

EA has assumed that everyone has a Facebook account. That's why you and I see nothing but a splash screen.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: 2011 December 16, 13:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like there's going to be a voodoo doll, cow plant, and rock-climbing wall coming out in January. At least, that's what I'm gathering from the Facebook page. There's another "sneak peak" on day 10, but I can't really figure out what it's supposed to be.

A voodoo doll and a cauldron sound like they'd be in a "magic" pack if you ask me. The cow plant may also be involved.

Day 10 Sneak Peek is about a Bon Voyage compilation coming to the store. Looks like it will also come with a lot.

Cow Plant Sneak Peek: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/472885.page
Bon Voyage Sneak Peek: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/474605.page
Voodoo doll naming (was named based on a poll on thesims3.com): http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/476253.page
Rock Climbing Wall announcement: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/473603.page

The Magic Cauldron has not been explicitly announced/confirmed by EA except in the patch notes for 1.29, as far as I know.

Pescado, do you have a facebook account or are you logged in to your facebook account? You will not be able to see the calendar if not. Also, you might have to "Like" The Sims 3 facebook page to see the app.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 16, 13:44:44 by notouching » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 2011 December 16, 16:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually ill from reading all those posts from stupid sheep lining up to praise EA for the stupid cow plant, for which EA is charging FIVE STUPID BUCKS.  Ugh.

ARRing:  it is not a privilege; it is a responsibility.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1867 on: 2011 December 16, 19:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like I'll be organising a new torrent in January.

Sozerius
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 2011 December 17, 02:09:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this has been asked before- but where can I find this male hair?

A Little Layered
http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:38060&categoryId=&scategoryId=11960&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=15
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: 2011 December 17, 02:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Figure out whatever set it belongs to, then figure out out what compilation it's in, then search for it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Sozerius
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: 2011 December 17, 03:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to figure just that out- but I didn't see anywhere on the Sims 3 website where that information is provided.

Is there a method on how I can figure out which set or at least month it is a part of?
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 2011 December 17, 03:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to figure just that out- but I didn't see anywhere on the Sims 3 website where that information is provided.

Is there a method on how I can figure out which set or at least month it is a part of?

Yes. It's called Google. Second result.

I sing along with elevator music.
Sozerius
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: 2011 December 17, 03:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. It's called Google. Second result.

Holy Cow- I just didn't use a clear enough search query. I feel stupid. Tongue

Thank you so much. Smiley

EDIT: I found it in the July 2011 compilation. Just thought I'd update since a few of you were so nice to help me out a bit. Thanks again- I had been looking around for it in the search engines for a while.
« Last Edit: 2011 December 17, 03:32:52 by Sozerius » Logged
Verion
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 2011 December 22, 18:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There`s new set with Cowplant! But is a little problem with pictures - maybe they dont uploaded all but the set cost 1200 simpoints instead the more than 2000 simpoints like the SimVip said.
The set calls Killer Classics
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13322&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:45244&pcategoryId=12856&ppcategoryId=13321
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 2011 December 23, 00:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There`s new set with Cowplant! But is a little problem with pictures - maybe they dont uploaded all but the set cost 1200 simpoints instead the more than 2000 simpoints like the SimVip said.
The set calls Killer Classics
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13322&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:45244&pcategoryId=12856&ppcategoryId=13321

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: