More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:06:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2162888 times)
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1800 on: 2011 November 17, 18:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to install the gym and the salon, nothing happens, but the nightclubs and park installed normally...I will load up the game soon and see how they are.  Thank you Brownlustgirl for the link... Grin

The Salon sims3pack contains a TSR pattern and is also broken, so you need to extract the .package files. The lot is called: 0x711079070393708846bbd804c442833d.package
The pattern is called: 0x5aad1eae6e1d03a3f6309c3c42d5f0cb.package

Put the lot .package file in your Library and it will work. If you're having trouble with the gym then do the same for that sims3pack.

EDIT: the lots from the EA Poland site are NOT made by EA apparently: http://simsvip.com/?p=3768&cpage=1#comment-47654
« Last Edit: 2011 November 17, 19:35:53 by notouching » Logged
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: 2011 November 17, 22:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good thing icantbebothered got the free set up, EA took it down and made part of a treasure hunt. Promotion for EA to get more money out of us sheeple.  Embarrassed

http://www.thesims3.com/community/treasureHunt

@ Witch, I am editing my post on page 72 to add the Kids of All Ages Compilation set. Hope that is okay.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: 2011 November 17, 22:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ Witch, I am editing my post on page 72 to add the Kids of All Ages Compilation set. Hope that is okay.

Sweet by me, but I thought the editing was disabled in that thread? If it is, give me the alterations, otherwise fine.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: 2011 November 17, 23:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sweet by me, but I thought the editing was disabled in that thread? If it is, give me the alterations, otherwise fine.

No, I meant this thread page 72. I finished the edit. Thanks.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: 2011 November 18, 02:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The SmoothCruisnSet from Treasure Hunt, does it contains items already released in various previous sets?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1805 on: 2011 November 18, 02:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Nothing in it is new.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Cookiecutter
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: 2011 November 19, 12:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I downloaded some compilation sets: May through to June as well as some other store content in separate sims3pack files. The separate files installed without any hitches but the sets give me an error message reading something like I should check to see if my game software is updated. Well it is updated so the error message makes no sense.
Any help would be appreciated. If you feel my question is stupid save yourself a few minutes and keep any inane replies to yourself.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: 2011 November 19, 12:53:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*stands in silence*

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: 2011 November 19, 13:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any help would be appreciated. If you feel my question is stupid save yourself a few minutes and keep any inane replies to yourself.

That's not how we do things here tardling. GTFO

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1809 on: 2011 November 19, 18:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, this problem has dogged me for a while to no avail, but I figured I'd ask. I thought I had solved it but turns out I was just fooling myself.

Anyone else having problems getting store items to not appear as custom CC? If it was just that, I'd deal, but it also seems to mean any houses I download that use things from store packs won't recognize the packages as actual store items, and just pull out default base game objects in their place. Is there a string that the recompressing and/or decraping on my end gets rid of that makes this happen?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: 2011 November 19, 19:00:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, this problem has dogged me for a while to no avail, but I figured I'd ask. I thought I had solved it but turns out I was just fooling myself.

Anyone else having problems getting store items to not appear as custom CC? If it was just that, I'd deal, but it also seems to mean any houses I download that use things from store packs won't recognize the packages as actual store items, and just pull out default base game objects in their place. Is there a string that the recompressing and/or decraping on my end gets rid of that makes this happen?

My decrapped sims3packs show up as store CC. Correct me if I'm wrong but packaged store CC will always show as custom CC.

Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1811 on: 2011 November 19, 19:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My decrapped sims3packs show up as store CC. Correct me if I'm wrong but packaged store CC will always show as custom CC.

Aaah. Damn. Thanks for saving me a lot of confusion there!

I'll see how much I can get working on the pre-patch items and granthes's rigfix tool (since I read it will fix dbc files), and install the rest, like beds, as packages.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: 2011 November 19, 19:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, anything that installs via sims3pack is flagged as Store Content by the filter, and all packages display as user cc, regardless of their origin.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: 2011 November 19, 23:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to restore the missing strings for the counters and cabinets except for:

Ultra Lounge
Bayside
Future Shock

You deleted the duplicated strings for those sets as well from the Store Part 3 Package, correct?

I forgot to mention an important detail.

What happens is that, for some arcane reason, sometimes the game draws the strings from the dbc and sometimes it draws them from the package file. Thus, some get fixed when you fix the package, some do not because it got them from there.

The way to get them all to show up is to fix the package, clear your caches, clear your DCCache folder, and install the counter/sectional Sims3Packs again. That should make the game stop being a raging idiot. It did for me anyway, it's all fixed here.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: 2011 November 20, 20:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The way to get them all to show up is to fix the package, clear your caches, clear your DCCache folder, and install the counter/sectional Sims3Packs again. That should make the game stop being a raging idiot. It did for me anyway, it's all fixed here.
Clearing the DCCache will remove everything you installed with the launcher.

Flowing with the go.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: 2011 November 22, 09:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removed the cache then letting the game regenerate it helped.
witchzenka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: 2011 November 28, 03:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's where your downloaded content is stored.  If you delete all that, you've deleted all your s3pack content.  DCCache is not like the others.  It may stop your game from acting like a raging idiot, but it also gets rid of whatever content you had installed in that format.  Do you mean the DCBackup?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: 2011 November 28, 22:48:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All these new items are from Medieval, or am I just being Captain Obvious? Is the bear a fully working bear? Cause when I did my conversion I couldn't get the joints right so I made it decorative.

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: 2011 November 28, 22:54:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had time to open and look at the Teddy Bear in my game yet, but I think it is a toy just like the regular teddy bear. When I get home I will check it out.

kiwianagirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: 2011 November 28, 23:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had time to open and look at the Teddy Bear in my game yet, but I think it is a toy just like the regular teddy bear. When I get home I will check it out.

MediaFire is giving me an error while trying to download your file. Not sure if it is the file that has an error or their site.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: 2011 November 28, 23:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Keep trying, Mediafire can be a bitch sometimes. I grabbed it half an hour ago.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: 2011 November 29, 00:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MediaFire is giving me an error while trying to download your file. Not sure if it is the file that has an error or their site.

There was a problem earlier today after I uploaded that file, seems to be working now. I am uploading the book case now.

I did see others get another dining or living chair and horse statue. The site gives a system error when I tried to get more $10 bundles, so I have to try again later.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 29, 00:07:43 by brownlustgirl » Logged

Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: 2011 November 29, 01:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some odd reason, I cannot get the November compilation and KidsAllAgeSet to show up in my game. I downloaded both files, decrapified them and installed them into my Downloads folder. The pop up message said "The installation was successful". This is the first time I have had any problems w/files from MATY not showing up in my game. Any sugggestions/ideas?

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1823 on: 2011 December 01, 23:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm in the process of uploading this month's update. I know that the mega-upload link died for part 2, so I removed it. I might re-upload it in the future, but not tonight. The current 4-shared upload is taking long enough.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: 2011 December 02, 00:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In response to Coltraz about the pieces from the Mid-Century kitchen named Murano, I thought the same thing. Is that prick working for EA now? Maybe Thomass will jump on that and make false claims again.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: