More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 03:45:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 17 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2164958 times)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1775 on: 2011 November 11, 19:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<--- The more I read your posts, the more I feel like him.

You need to do both, I can't tell you why you are missing strings, I am not. Rig fixing the .dbc isn't going to help repair strings, or make the material show up. It just repairs rigs that were broken by the patch.

@Matilda, I don't use that launcher so I have no idea.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: 2011 November 11, 19:35:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is why I only ever made one torrent of the sims stuff.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1777 on: 2011 November 11, 21:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I'm trying to see if I can figure it out myself and if anyone's tried anything I didn't think of, or if I missed some step. Everything else installed just fine, and I'm incredibly grateful for the work put into the files, as well as the bittorrent itself- empty thank you posts are frowned upon here for good reasons, however. It's not your guys' fault that the counters are fubar'ed.

Really, if worse comes to worse, I'll just install those via package. I'm used to counters being borked. A few people on the Custom Launcher 2 forum are looking into what the issue is with counters (since this effects any counter that's cloned from EA's), and how to install any counter without it automatically glitching when you attempt to do a corner. This'll make the fact that the store counters are separate from Moryrie's files very useful, in case you need to install them separately.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 11, 21:49:24 by Matildarose » Logged
AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: 2011 November 11, 22:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah. I'm trying to see if I can figure it out myself and if anyone's tried anything I didn't think of, or if I missed some step. Everything else installed just fine, and I'm incredibly grateful for the work put into the files, as well as the bittorrent itself- empty thank you posts are frowned upon here for good reasons, however. It's not your guys' fault that the counters are fubar'ed.

Really, if worse comes to worse, I'll just install those via package. I'm used to counters being borked. A few people on the Custom Launcher 2 forum are looking into what the issue is with counters (since this effects any counter that's cloned from EA's), and how to install any counter without it automatically glitching when you attempt to do a corner. This'll make the fact that the store counters are separate from Moryrie's files very useful, in case you need to install them separately.

Out of sheer curiosity, have you tried removing TikiCounters, StorybookCounters, and BaysideCounters, and then recompressing+decrapifying the rest? I can get a bunch of counters that work that way. It's only those three sets that give me any grief for some strange reason.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: 2011 November 12, 00:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the counters and sectionals installed just fine in my game with the launcher.  I use s3rc.exe first, and then decrapify.exe, and then install the sims3packs.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1780 on: 2011 November 12, 02:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I finally braved EA's Launcher and installed that way. Everything seems to be working fine- thanks for separating out the counters!
AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: 2011 November 12, 09:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of the counters and sectionals installed just fine in my game with the launcher.  I use s3rc.exe first, and then decrapify.exe, and then install the sims3packs.

Hmmm... Thank you, I seem to have located my problem.

Moryrie, you may want to know that in your Sims Store Part 3 package, you have leftover STBL files from some counters that cause a conflict with the dbc with my counters, cabinets, and sectionals. If I remove these STBLs from your store package, my string problems disappear.

Here's a list so far, string keys to counters. I don't know if you want to get rid of them:
0xFC656659B61A07EE - Tiki Counter
0xB2A8CED34FC4607A - Shoppe Counter
0xBD8DFDBB03198071 - CocoCounter From Nothing Atoll
0xBBE0CC1D7411291F - Shoppe Counter Island
0x93E6C900FA4CC097 - Overachieving Counter
0x56AAD9D821ABC114 - Overachieving Counter Island
« Last Edit: 2011 November 12, 11:44:44 by AbyssBunny » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1782 on: 2011 November 12, 11:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am really not looking forward to re-uploading that again.

AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: 2011 November 12, 12:04:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as far as I know I'm the only one with the problem, so I wouldn't think it's a big deal.

These would be a lot easier to find if any of the STBL editors let me search the whole package for a string.

EDIT: Oh good, s3pe's unicode text search works. This'll be a lot easier. Just use U"Counter" in s3pe to find all counters, and so on.

Just watch out, as U"Counter" will also find a sink that mentions a counter.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 12, 13:10:20 by AbyssBunny » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: 2011 November 12, 12:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, one other thing confused me about the instructions. I thought running decrapify.exe runs s3rc.exe -fD. Do we really need to run the sims3packs through s3rc.exe first before decrapify.exe?
Ignore Moryrie. Decrapify is the same thing as s3rc -fD, it's just a mini-application wrapper that calls s3rc -fD so that you can use it drag-and-drop style.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: 2011 November 12, 12:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And dropping a sims3pack onto s3rc just runs s3rc -f, right?
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: 2011 November 12, 20:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OH i found it .. Cheesy
This is why one should search before posting. And before anyone whines that they have searched but just couldn't find X, please note that a competent search includes using more than one search string and actually reading your search results.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: 2011 November 16, 02:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you're not the only one with the missing strings. I just don't care. Game runs, the counters work fine. They just don't have a string in buy mode.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: 2011 November 16, 02:32:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found missing strings to mostly happen when I have a second copy of an item installed. Such as instances where I had individual sets and also compilation packs installed because I hadn't picked through them properly. Same when I have the full sets installed as well as the separated counters.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: 2011 November 16, 16:29:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found missing strings to mostly happen when I have a second copy of an item installed. Such as instances where I had individual sets and also compilation packs installed because I hadn't picked through them properly. Same when I have the full sets installed as well as the separated counters.

I was wondering if installing the separated counters with the full sets installed would overwrite or duplicate the files. So, if I am understanding correctly, installing separated counters doesn't duplicate, yet causes missing strings in buy mode - but they work. Hopefully, the same is true for the fences. It seems I spend more time trying to get content to work properly than playing the game.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: 2011 November 16, 19:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, you're not the only one with the missing strings. I just don't care. Game runs, the counters work fine. They just don't have a string in buy mode.

Yeah, it's mainly a cosmetic thing, as I later found. However, I fixed my copy of the package since I'm strange and like Sims' description text. I had no idea what was going on there for awhile.

There's actually more leftover entries than just the STBLs I think, but they don't seem to do anything.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1791 on: 2011 November 16, 19:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I removed the entries for counters and cabinets, I basically just disabled them by deleting whatever had the name attached, and the OBJD entry if that wasn't labeled. It worked fine for me, no weird STBL issues. Trying your method for removing them caused S3PE to crash multiple times, till I gave up. The other method I've used to remove extra files is to redownload whatever I want to remove, turn off sorting, re-import it, and then delete the stuff it adds.

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: 2011 November 17, 08:04:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to restore the missing strings for the counters and cabinets except for:

Ultra Lounge
Bayside
Future Shock

@Moryrie
If you search then use CopyTGIs, and use the long hex code, then start up s3pe again after it's searched, then the program won't crash if you're trying to remove the strings.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1793 on: 2011 November 17, 09:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'd rather know why some people are missing the strings, and I specifically am not, than try dealing with that anymore.

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: 2011 November 17, 18:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There actually appears to be two whole new sets with two new premium content items which are all available in one compilation: http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13231&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:43480

The new freebie is a couple of bikes from the Pushin' Pedals set (No Frills Bike Rack, Smooth Cruise (Adult and Child)) and the Bayside Kitchen set.
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: 2011 November 17, 18:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simprograms said there were 5 new lots, 2 discos, a park, a gym and I can't remember what the other one was, but it is on the Polish site.  I looked around on the US site and couldn't find anything.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: 2011 November 17, 18:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simprograms said there were 5 new lots, 2 discos, a park, a gym and I can't remember what the other one was, but it is on the Polish site.  I looked around on the US site and couldn't find anything.

Here is the link on the Polish site: http://www.ea.com/pl/the-sims-3/downloads/thesims3-parcele-niespodzianka

SimVIP stated that the salon will not show up, but I haven't checked it out yet. Just click the picture and then download the file.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
icantbebothered
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: 2011 November 17, 18:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't seen any lots yet but if I can get them tonight will do so.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: 2011 November 17, 18:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Salon lot comes with a pattern from TSR attached, for some strange reason. The lot is also wrongly categorized as a door (how in the...?). You can make it work by extracting the .package file and putting it into the Library folder. Whether to keep the crappy TSR pattern is a personal choice, I suppose.
runesong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: 2011 November 17, 18:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to install the gym and the salon, nothing happens, but the nightclubs and park installed normally...I will load up the game soon and see how they are.  Thank you Brownlustgirl for the link... Grin
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: