More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:22:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152197 times)
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1750 on: 2011 November 05, 20:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah i unzip them to the Package Folder  Huh if thats not where they go then i look on my box for the Library folder...also thanks for the Uploads they been great much appreciated

...\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Library

Flowing with the go.
hellrazr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: 2011 November 05, 20:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah im a dumb Dumb thanks for the help got it blahahahaha so many folders

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: 2011 November 06, 00:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How would I properly install the worlds so that the community lots appear properly when using the packages, and not get any dupes?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: 2011 November 06, 00:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's two ways. A- Decrapify and deal with dupes. B- run through s3rc, open with custard, uncheck everything but the world file, decrapify, install, and get a base save from someone with a legit install. Or a made-over save from someone with a legit install. This person did makeovers for HS and BB that are worth looking at for this method. I use both.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1754 on: 2011 November 06, 20:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's two ways. A- Decrapify and deal with dupes. B- run through s3rc, open with custard, uncheck everything but the world file, decrapify, install, and get a base save from someone with a legit install. Or a made-over save from someone with a legit install.
This person did makeovers for HS and BB that are worth looking at for this method. I use both.

No, you still need to install the base EA or HS as well.

You are an idiot. 'Decrapify' is synonymous with 'install via the launcher after decrapifying!' Also 'the base EA?' really?  WTF is that supposed to mean? Also, the latter method does work, and flawlessly. I use it myself. Now, get back in your dome!

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: 2011 November 06, 21:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody actually used the Sharper Sim Super Sleeper in their game? I just tested it now for the first time, and when my sim woke up, she had a Well Rested moodlet that gave no bonus mood at all. It seems rather useless if it is supposed to work like that. Also, I'm not even sure it provides any speed boost at all if the sim using it has the meditative sleep trance lifetime happiness reward.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1756 on: 2011 November 06, 21:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used it, and noticed the same thing with the moodlet. I haven't tested it with a sim with that reward yet though.

Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: 2011 November 07, 03:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested the reward with a sim with the Meditative Trance trait. His energy bar definitely filled up faster than without the super sleeper, but I don't know if it's the same as without the trait or not. He slept for around 4 hours, like the item advertizes.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1758 on: 2011 November 07, 11:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is what I get.
There's two ways. A- Decrapify and deal with dupes. B- run through s3rc, open with custard, uncheck everything but the world file, decrapify, install, and get a base save from someone with a legit install. Or a made-over save from someone with a legit install.
This person did makeovers for HS and BB that are worth looking at for this method. I use both.

Also, the latter method does work, and flawlessly. I use it myself. Now, get back in your dome!

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: 2011 November 07, 11:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tested the reward with a sim with the Meditative Trance trait. His energy bar definitely filled up faster than without the super sleeper, but I don't know if it's the same as without the trait or not. He slept for around 4 hours, like the item advertizes.

Thanks. I took another look and tested the super sleeper with and without the meditative trance sleep reward, and the sim only slept 3 hours and 20 minutes to fill the energy bar when having the Sleepy moodlet. With zero energy (-50 mood) she slept 4 hours. So I guess it's a choice between super fast sleep or a nice mood boost.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1760 on: 2011 November 07, 15:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is what I get.

Also, the latter method does work, and flawlessly. I use it myself. Now, get back in your dome!

Then you're an idiot. It requires all expansions/stuff packs. The objects that come with the world when not installed via the launcher don't cause that error.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: 2011 November 07, 17:28:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody actually used the Sharper Sim Super Sleeper in their game? I just tested it now for the first time, and when my sim woke up, she had a Well Rested moodlet that gave no bonus mood at all.
Any non-standard "not really a bed" energy regeneration will give the Not Really Well Rested moodlet. AwesomeMod fixes this for the Vampire Altar and Sarcophagus, estimating an appropriate well-rested moodlet based on EPH and the comparison to beds of similar EPH. I have not seen this "Super Sleeper" Wherezis?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: 2011 November 07, 18:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody actually used the Sharper Sim Super Sleeper in their game? I just tested it now for the first time, and when my sim woke up, she had a Well Rested moodlet that gave no bonus mood at all.
Any non-standard "not really a bed" energy regeneration will give the Not Really Well Rested moodlet. AwesomeMod fixes this for the Vampire Altar and Sarcophagus, estimating an appropriate well-rested moodlet based on EPH and the comparison to beds of similar EPH. I have not seen this "Super Sleeper" Wherezis?
Ah, thanks for the explanation. The Super Sleeper is from the Future Shock bedroom which was released at the end of October: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15100.msg581561.html#msg581561
It's a "premium content" item.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1763 on: 2011 November 07, 18:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shakes head. No, I have all EPs and SPs. And I have all the patches. I do not understand why this doesn't work for me.

Both of them work for me, after using my method, so you must have gone wrong somewhere.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: 2011 November 08, 06:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anybody was wondering (I know I was, enough to find out), the fursuits ARE enabled for random. What will EA come up with next?

Flowing with the go.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1765 on: 2011 November 08, 07:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair to the furries, I suppose my fix should have been enabled for all categories including naked. But I'm not fair to furries. My fix disabled them for random and kept the shoes from appearing for sleepwear.

Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: 2011 November 08, 08:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be fair to the furries, I suppose my fix should have been enabled for all categories including naked. But I'm not fair to furries. My fix disabled them for random and kept the shoes from appearing for sleepwear.
I had assumed they were trying to pass them off as slippers, which isn't nearly as bad as the suits themselves. In fact, I think I've seen slippers similar to the shoes.

Flowing with the go.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1767 on: 2011 November 09, 02:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put your origin file in the torrent as well, heaven forbid we get a hold of ZetaTard's pudding and don't have something appropriate ready.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1768 on: 2011 November 09, 03:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed. I also noticed the  Hidden Springs Objects, and pets register fix. The Hidden Springs objects are redundant, and will cause conflicts with the main files. I never noticed a problem with my version of the register, but there seem to be so many variables concerning that register that the fix is probably not unwarranted.

Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1769 on: 2011 November 09, 21:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am planning on updating the torrent for December and adding collection files in, and taking out the hidden springs .package. I didn't realise it was in your packages as well.

AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: 2011 November 11, 13:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of your torrent, thanks a lot for it.

I just wanted to mention that the counters and sectionals sims3packs appear to not install in the launcher properly if you follow the decrapifying instructions. The launcher seems to "forget" they are installed. Is that supposed to happen?

Several of said items also appear to be missing their descriptions, namely from the Bayside Set, the Storybook Set, and... some other set. I can't quite tell. For some reason, Thurstan's Counter and Lazy Sim's Sofa Bed are doubled in buy/build despite only being installed once.

This has sadly persisted through multiple installation attempts for which I have followed the instructions to the letter (I even tried the Mac files for posterity).

Also, in your instructions regarding the neighborhoods, did you mean to just grab the .world files from here, or the whole sims3packs?
« Last Edit: 2011 November 11, 16:30:00 by AbyssBunny » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1771 on: 2011 November 11, 17:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look through my post history for step-by-step instructions on how to install worlds. It isn't that hard. .World files can technically be used, but only if you like reading file names as descriptions for everything. I also am not experiencing any of the problems you are reporting. Haven't seen any missing or broken descriptions, (I'm using English. Is your game in some other language?) I'm not seeing the sectional being duplicated, and I'm honestly not sure which counter is 'Thurstan's'. (Google doesn't seem to know either.) The sectional also has a different name in my game, 'Lazy sim sofa sectional'. I get it now.. I was reading that as 'counter' and not 'coffee table'. Those need to be removed from sim-pack form as well. I didn't know they were included. They're also classified as coffee tables, which is what threw me off since you said 'counters'. They're fully functional in package form, but the sectionals themselves are not, which is why the sectionals need to be decrappified/installed via launcher, when the coffee table parts of them don't.

Are the decrapified objects showing up in game? If so, ignore what the launcher says. There's a limit to how much stuff it will remember. This is another great reason to avoid the launcher whenever humanly possible.
« Last Edit: 2011 November 11, 17:25:14 by Moryrie » Logged

AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: 2011 November 11, 17:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My worlds are installed fine, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some strange setup where the objects that came with the worlds were given in the store .packages, but not the actual .world files. Thought that might explain the doubling.

And no, I am using English. Er, my bad. Thurstans Coffee Table from the Gothique Library set, I invented an apostrophe. Also the Lazy Sim Coffee Table.

By the way, one other thing confused me about the instructions. I thought running decrapify.exe runs s3rc.exe -fD. Do we really need to run the sims3packs through s3rc.exe first before decrapify.exe?
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1773 on: 2011 November 11, 18:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone having trouble installing the counter sims3packs from the bittorrent via Custom Launcher 2?

I've tried various versions of the counter Sims3Packs (decrapified and recompressed as the instructions in the bittorrent file say, recompressed but not decrappified, the files in the mac file, etc), but when it gets to the part where it imports them in, it crashes. The log files point to whatever sims3pack it loads first (since I took some out) being the culprit. It handles other sims3packs just fine.

I'm still looking and will try some different things as I have time, but I wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem, since, from reading, it seems Sims 3's own launcher is not going to be a help either. Also I want to make sure there's nothing I've missed.
AbyssBunny
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: 2011 November 11, 19:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are the decrapified objects showing up in game? If so, ignore what the launcher says. There's a limit to how much stuff it will remember. This is another great reason to avoid the launcher whenever humanly possible.

They show up in game if I decrapify, but the counters from Tiki set, Storybook set, and Bayside set are string-less. Go figure.

The rest work.

If I just run them through s3rc, some of the material does not show up at all.

If I do not run them through s3rc, five of the sets fail to install in the launcher. They're missing their icon if they don't go through s3rc. They are: Gothique Library, July 2011 Compilation Set, Luxe Lounge Spa, Futureshock Kitchen, April 2011 Compilation.

Could it be that I need to rigfix the dbc?
« Last Edit: 2011 November 11, 19:41:48 by AbyssBunny » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: