More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:48:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152208 times)
midge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1675 on: 2011 October 25, 20:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone notice the fast lane car boy racer is borked, I thought the store patch would have fixed this obviously not.  It gets my back up, you go out buy the game, fanny about trying to get your cc to work to find even ea's stuff is borked.  I hope theyt sort this out and bring out another patch.

Did you buy the racer from the store, or did you ARR it?  If it's the latter, you can't really expect EA to fix it.

The boy racer car is part of the fast lane stuff pack and not arr'd.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: 2011 October 25, 20:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I was thinking of the racecar bed from the Store.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1677 on: 2011 October 25, 22:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll probably make collection files if my game doesn't eat them again. It can't be more tedious than the list making I've been doing for the past two nights.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: 2011 October 26, 02:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also curious if anyone has the prima pets book as of yet that they would like to share. I was still showing the microwave in the store, I had to go into Town Edit mode, then buy mode, and look under the town buildings found the pet register, added it went back to play the game............. Eureka......... clerk showed up.......... Thanks for the register.............. The only problem I am having now is the the Cat Jungle keeps crashing my game.  Has anyone put this into pack form?
« Last Edit: 2011 October 26, 04:10:30 by kece » Logged
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: 2011 October 26, 04:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapified the pet store like usual and installed it with the launcher. Everything shows up and the register shows up but when I click on "Buy" no dialog comes up. Kind of confused since everyone seem to be having different issues with the store.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: 2011 October 26, 05:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're the one that is taking the time to share what you have. Whatever you decide to doshould be fine with everyone, if not, screw them.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: 2011 October 26, 16:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grab the store package I posted in this thread a little while back, or just grab the register. That way the items will show up properly under 'buy'
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: 2011 October 26, 20:09:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an FYI, decrapifying Moryrie's packages did not solve the unCASTable corner counter bug.  DAMN YOU, UNCASTABLE CORNER COUNTER BUG!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: 2011 October 26, 20:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decrapify sims3packs and install via the launcher. Corners are unCASTable.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: 2011 October 26, 20:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapifying the sims3packs would let your CAST design from the basic counter carry over to the corner counter when it formed.  I just noticed when I switched to Moryrie's .packages that the corner counters were reverting back to the "main" CAST design again.  You can see it in this house I made using the Bayside Kitchen.  If you look closely at the counters, the corner counter kept the CAST redesign, instead of reverting to that ugly orange-colored wood.

Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1685 on: 2011 October 26, 23:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just letting you know, counters are being totally removed from my packages, as are sectionals. Because I'm sick of all those issues, and just decrapifying them in that case works better. And also, you can install just counters and sectionals from compilations by running them through s3rc, then opening them up in custard, then unchecking everything that is not a sectional or a counter, decrapifying it, and installing it. The only way to get counters to work otherwise is to never corner them. Sectionals never seem to work at all. The little tables that come with them do work though, so I'm leaving those alone.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: 2011 October 26, 23:54:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just letting you know, counters are being totally removed from my packages, as are sectionals. Because I'm sick of all those issues, and just decrapifying them in that case works better. And also, you can install just counters and sectionals from compilations by running them through s3rc, then opening them up in custard, then unchecking everything that is not a sectional or a counter, decrapifying it, and installing it. The only way to get counters to work otherwise is to never corner them. Sectionals never seem to work at all. The little tables that come with them do work though, so I'm leaving those alone.

Awesome.  I still have the untouched sims3packs backed up, so it'll be an easy convert.  I never thought of using Custard.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: 2011 October 27, 00:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapifying the sims3packs would let your CAST design from the basic counter carry over to the corner counter when it formed.  I just noticed when I switched to Moryrie's .packages that the corner counters were reverting back to the "main" CAST design again.  You can see it in this house I made using the Bayside Kitchen.  If you look closely at the counters, the corner counter kept the CAST redesign, instead of reverting to that ugly orange-colored wood.

Mine revert to some other color when they turn into corners and can't be changed. Hell if I know what's going wrong but it's be so for a while, I know they've worked at some point. The rest of the items in the sets for each counter are installed fine. Since I've installed Pets I've had had issues with just dropping the (newly) launcher made .dbc into my mods, now I'm testing with decrapified loose .packages. Decrapified, and extracted with Delphy's Multipack extractor.

Edit: To clarify, if I leave the storybook counters default yellow then set down several until I create a corner, the corner turns white, and there is nothing I can do about it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: 2011 October 27, 06:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with the pets store. I installed it via package, with the lot file in library folder. Did not use Decrapify. The objects in the lot shows up correctly but when i tried to buy from the register nothing happens except for a message "this store sells pets related stuff". I tried the register fix posted a while back but it still gives the same result.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 27, 06:50:12 by gamegame » Logged
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: 2011 October 27, 07:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with the pets store. I installed it via package, with the lot file in library folder. Did not use Decrapify. The objects in the lot shows up correctly but when i tried to buy from the register nothing happens except for a message "this store sells pets related stuff". I tried the register fix posted a while back but it still gives the same result.

That's exactly what happens in my game. But I didn't use package, and I didn't install the lot in library folder, I just decrapified the sims3pack and installed it through launcher.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: 2011 October 27, 11:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to install the pet store twice to get the objects and lot to show up. The Launcher knew it was installed and told me so when I tried the second time but when I ran the game again it all showed up fine. This is with an unmodified sims3pack as well.
I haven't actually tried to see if the register works correctly yet though.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: 2011 October 27, 13:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what happens in my game. But I didn't use package, and I didn't install the lot in library folder, I just decrapified the sims3pack and installed it through launcher.

Decrapping "breaks" the register, use packages if you want it to work.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: 2011 October 27, 16:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the package method and it still doesn't work. Anyway the stuff it sells are available in buydebug, so its not really a major issue. Just annoyed.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: 2011 October 28, 00:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you grab my merged package set and don't modify it at all, no recompressing it, no decrapifying it, then the register will work properly and the 'exclusive' items will show up in the store. It works best if you use the lot file that I also kept in the merged one. Sure, if you have installed the decrapped sims3pack then you'll get duplicate items. Just don't modify the file outside of renaming it.
gamegame
Dimwitted Dunce

MOTHER FATHER SON

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: 2011 October 28, 03:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you grab my merged package set and don't modify it at all, no recompressing it, no decrapifying it, then the register will work properly and the 'exclusive' items will show up in the store. It works best if you use the lot file that I also kept in the merged one. Sure, if you have installed the decrapped sims3pack then you'll get duplicate items. Just don't modify the file outside of renaming it.

Still doesn't work. I now suspect it might be other premium content conflicting it.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: 2011 October 29, 04:22:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a limit to how many .sims3packs the launcher will successfully install at a time? I seem to be having trouble with my store content (after a full game reinstall) I'll decrapify all 450 files , run them all through the launcher, and everything appears to install successfully... but I later on notice some content isn't appearing. When I install the few packs I notice are missing, at about 2-3 at a time ,   the launcher again installs successfully, and this time it appears in my game just fine.

So when I run my entire collection through the launcher, things are skipping, but running them through in smaller amounts works fine. Anyone else have this issue? Or perhaps it's just my computer or a broken launcher?
« Last Edit: 2011 October 29, 05:41:30 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: 2011 October 29, 05:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does one begin?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: 2011 October 29, 05:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where does one begin?

Well, usually at this point someone will bring up Gretchen.

Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: 2011 October 29, 20:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason even when my game didn't crash a few of the collections I did didn't save, which is annoying. But whatever, people can fill in the rest of them their own damn selves.
Beautycoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: 2011 October 29, 22:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pretty much dowloaded every single one, but not a single one went into my game! It said downloaded, and then i went to installed content, then when i went in game they weren't there, and next time i opened the launcher they weren't in the installed content anymore, and it said they hadn't downloaded? I've re-dowloaded them loads of times, I've even uninstalled pets and then re-installed it after downloading all the clothes, but they just won't appear in my game!
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: