More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:32:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2162666 times)
Janyses
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1600 on: 2011 October 20, 01:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the Pet Store from the Downloads thread and it doesn't look like the images I've seen. The decorations, rugs, windows, etc. are missing and so is the cash register. I tried removing and reinstalling the sims3pack and now it won't show up in the library at all. I have it installed on another computer with the same problem. How do I get the register to show in the game?
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1601 on: 2011 October 20, 02:36:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What doesn't work after the fix:
- Swing animation, at least for adult sims
- The pull-out-chair animation when sims sit down or get up
- When a toddler takes a toy from the toy box, he clips into it slightly.
- Hot tub animations are broken, sim gets in and then pops up in the middle of the air over it.
- Refrigerator doors do not open, neither do trash compactors or dishwashers
- Sims refuse to pedal bikes, but they still move magically. Also, the dismount animation for bikes may be wrong. I don't remember what the original animation looked like but my sim sure looked awkward getting off of it.
- The scooter animation is COMPLETELY wrong, with the sim sitting perpendicular to the scooter, and 3 feet away from it. Yikes.
- Sims hold the guitars at the wrong angle.

If you want me to test something specifically let me know, I don't know what to look for. So far it seems like the main problems are objects not opening properly and sims picking up and holding objects.

I've been able to test everything but the toy box in its decrapified simpack form, and its all worked so far.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: 2011 October 20, 05:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What doesn't work after the fix:
- Swing animation, at least for adult sims
- The pull-out-chair animation when sims sit down or get up
- When a toddler takes a toy from the toy box, he clips into it slightly.
- Hot tub animations are broken, sim gets in and then pops up in the middle of the air over it.
- Refrigerator doors do not open, neither do trash compactors or dishwashers
- Sims refuse to pedal bikes, but they still move magically. Also, the dismount animation for bikes may be wrong. I don't remember what the original animation looked like but my sim sure looked awkward getting off of it.
- The scooter animation is COMPLETELY wrong, with the sim sitting perpendicular to the scooter, and 3 feet away from it. Yikes.
- Sims hold the guitars at the wrong angle.

If you want me to test something specifically let me know, I don't know what to look for. So far it seems like the main problems are objects not opening properly and sims picking up and holding objects.

I've been able to test everything but the toy box in its decrapified simpack form, and its all worked so far.

I tried some decrapified simpacks that I got from a torrent and they didn't work, so now I'm going to try to find simpacks elsewhere and decrapify them and see if that works. This is like a treasure hunt, but with slow loading times!

Edit: Success! At first it didn't work, but then I remember to clear my caches. At least the dining chairs now work. It is so beautiful! Thanks for helping me out here. Now the hard part is going through and finding all of the content in sims3pack form.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 20, 06:01:06 by Howabominable » Logged
dinodyke
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: 2011 October 20, 06:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought I would mention that my store crap seems to be in working order since I installed Pets on my backup TS3 installation. I use decrapped sims3packs; didn't do anything special to them—no store patches, no rig fix.  Even the objects that I converted from package to sims3pack with S3SU work (yes, I'm that anal; I need all my store crap to have the store-crap icon).  The only animation that was a little funky was the store refrigerators: the door clips into the wall when placed next to one.  This doesn't happen with game fridges.  The two premium content items I have installed—Fountain of Youth and the gumball machine—work fine.

So decrapified sims3pack store content, in theory, should work, even without the mythical second store patch (or the first, for that matter).  There's no logical reason why it wouldn't work for everyone.  Of course, it's The Sims 3, so logic and reason don't apply.  I guess the curious thing is finding out how/when EA fixed their store crap, if it wasn't with the store patch. Could the fix be in the actual 1.26 patch itself?

ETA: Just for documentation and completeness' sake, I should mention that I've observed from playing my pre-patch game that store refrigerators always had the clipping issue when placed next to a wall. Also, I have learned from other forums and my own testing that decrapified and legit store bathtubs will cause the cat to disappear to edges of the world if the cat interacts with it. So it's not a conspiracy against arrr'd content. (At least, not in this case.)
« Last Edit: 2011 October 23, 21:17:06 by dinodyke » Logged
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: 2011 October 20, 07:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe that my problem was that I didn't clear caches after ever test of custom content, once I made sure to completely clear them using the dashboard the CC seemed to work, though I've only tested a few objects. So herp derp to me for doing all that crap without checking the caches. Hopefully people reading this will know to do so!
Handlangerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 2011 October 20, 08:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA fixed some issues with the pet shop (offical German forum). There is a new version available.

I do not know if this is true.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 20, 09:37:57 by Handlangerin » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 2011 October 20, 12:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA fixed some issues with the pet shop (offical German forum). There is a new version available.

I do not know if this is true.

What is "wrong" with the pet shop? I haven't noticed anything yet.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Handlangerin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 2011 October 20, 13:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just rumors that it won´t show up. Utter nonsense. What a relief! EA finally did something right.
Zoan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 2011 October 20, 14:11:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TSR just posted an easy to use fix for the broken CC

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/22404

**UPDATE**

I have tested the method and so far it works.. Havent tested all items but so far - Fridge doors that previous didnt open now do, Gumball machine works fine, Cars wheels spin and look fine, Goth spellbook works, Theres water in the bath tub, etc...

NOTE: At first I selected my entire mod folder and it gave me an error message like a third of the way through processing say it ran out of memory, I then split it up into 5 different folders and did the fix that way. Worked fine with no errors. So i suggest if you got a huge mod folder to split it up into a few folders and do the fixes folder by folder.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 20, 15:17:48 by Zoan » Logged
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 2011 October 20, 14:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the Pet Store from the Downloads thread and it doesn't look like the images I've seen. The decorations, rugs, windows, etc. are missing and so is the cash register. I tried removing and reinstalling the sims3pack and now it won't show up in the library at all. I have it installed on another computer with the same problem. How do I get the register to show in the game?
Weird. In my game, the (decrapified) pet shop shows up correctly, but the cash register does not work. If I try to buy items, the sim will simply chit chat to the cashier, and nothing happens. Add in the funky, non-standard lot assignment, and I'm thinking the whole thing is a just a can of worms.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 2011 October 20, 16:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird. In my game, the (decrapified) pet shop shows up correctly, but the cash register does not work. If I try to buy items, the sim will simply chit chat to the cashier, and nothing happens. Add in the funky, non-standard lot assignment, and I'm thinking the whole thing is a just a can of worms.

Update your decrap files, all items show up fine, will have to actually try buying something though.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 2011 October 20, 19:45:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update your decrap files, all items show up fine, will have to actually try buying something though.

It's probably the same issue with the work bench rewards. You are able to buy the sculptures and inventions but you don't have the options to make them. Did you try buying something already KT?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 2011 October 20, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue with the pet store. I cannot buy stuff from the store. I go to the register, it says it's a pet store register if I try to browse, but it does not have the proper interactions with it. Hell, this youtube video (http://youtu.be/02eN2a85Q9U?t=7m12s) will show the proper interactions that should exist with the store.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 2011 October 21, 00:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the undecrappified version of the Pet Store along with other decrappified content and the register works for me. I had to wait for the store to "open" though cause I couldn't interact with the register either since there was no cashier to help me. During the cashier's absence I managed to grab a snake and rodent without getting charged? I can't put them back so be aware that if you just want to know what it's like to carry the animals around that you can only release them in the wild once you pick them up or keep them of course.

What time did you visit the store. Did an employee show up?

ETA: Apparently you only get charged for "filling" the animal objects.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 00:14:00 by virgali » Logged

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 2011 October 21, 02:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am using the undecrappified version of the Pet Store along with other decrappified content and the register works for me. I had to wait for the store to "open" though cause I couldn't interact with the register either since there was no cashier to help me. During the cashier's absence I managed to grab a snake and rodent without getting charged? I can't put them back so be aware that if you just want to know what it's like to carry the animals around that you can only release them in the wild once you pick them up or keep them of course.

My register with the decrapped sims3pack does not work. An employee spawns but the buy interaction just causes them to have a conversation. When I replace the register with a new one, no employee spawns, maybe I need to wait longer? So are you using a legit sims3pack? Because I tried one that I just ran through S3CR to get the package file and it doesn't use the correct items. When I replace the microwave(that's what replaced the register) with the register, no employee spawns. Again, maybe I need to wait longer.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 2011 October 21, 10:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My register with the decrapped sims3pack does not work. An employee spawns but the buy interaction just causes them to have a conversation. When I replace the register with a new one, no employee spawns, maybe I need to wait longer? So are you using a legit sims3pack? Because I tried one that I just ran through S3CR to get the package file and it doesn't use the correct items. When I replace the microwave(that's what replaced the register) with the register, no employee spawns. Again, maybe I need to wait longer.

Yes, mine's legit. I think that decrapping doesn't fix everything for example the Ambitions registration rewards wouldn't work. I think they had to make a manual fix for that or it's still borked? Maybe you can try decrapping the store, extract it to package file, find the register and add it as a package file in your mods folder. The register starts working as soon as the cashier shows up.

I really hope Pescado is willing to take another look at the s3rc files and try to find a way to make them decrap the EA buildings propely and get the register to work. I don't expect him to fix the store stuff that's borked by default but the stuff that actually do work should keep on working after being decrapped.

ETA: I'm not sure if this will make the register work but Moryrie's work-around got the arred store items to show up in the buildings at least. You'll have duplicates though.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 11:47:38 by virgali » Logged

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 2011 October 21, 12:20:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd been using merged .packages for all my store content, but since the patch kind of messed that up, I'm thinking of switching to just using decrapified Sims3Packs instead. I haven't patched or installed Pets yet, but if I do switch, will they need to be fixed, or can I simply decrapify and install them? I know there was talk of a store content patch, but will that patch work for decrapified Sims3Packs, or do they need additional fixing?
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 2011 October 21, 13:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd been using merged .packages for all my store content, but since the patch kind of messed that up, I'm thinking of switching to just using decrapified Sims3Packs instead. I haven't patched or installed Pets yet, but if I do switch, will they need to be fixed, or can I simply decrapify and install them? I know there was talk of a store content patch, but will that patch work for decrapified Sims3Packs, or do they need additional fixing?

Forget the store content patch, it's irrelevant. Decrappifying has issues of its own but they are pretty minor. Most stuff works fine and I find it to be the easiest way to install store content in the game. I do believe you need the launcher to get them installed. Just download all the untouched sims3pack files. Decrappify them and install.

I personally like this method. I copy the s3rc files and batch file to an emtpy folder. I extract the untouched sims3packs to that same folder and then double click the batch file and wait. Once everything is decrapified I copy about 200 files to the Downloads folder, open the launcher and click on install everything. Once everything is installed I repeat with another batch of 200 files untill it's done. Some people are able to do the process in one go but for some reason if I try to install too many files at once they don't show up in-game.

To make the store buildings work I extract the decrappified sims3pack with Delphy's tool, find the lot file and dump it in the library.

Batchfile: copy paste in notepad and save as s3rcbatch.cmd
Code:
for /R %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 2011 October 21, 13:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no second store CC patch, that was all L & P. Decrapped sims3packs work just fine with pets, EA actually got something right this time around, it's only packages that need to be fixed.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 2011 October 21, 13:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok. I kept seeing conflicting stories all over the place, some claiming that all cc was broken, including Sims3Packs, but others were saying it was only .packages. I'll be using Sims3Pack files from now on, then. I just hope my Launcher holds up. The reason I switched to .packages in the first place was because the Launcher kept freezing or crashing when I had too much stuff installed. At the moment, I only use it to install lots, neighborhoods and patterns and it's been ok so far. I can use CompressorizerRedux to decrapify, right?
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 13:43:58 by ShortyBoo » Logged
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: 2011 October 21, 13:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ok. I kept seeing conflicting stories all over the place, some claiming that all cc was broken, including Sims3Packs, but others were saying it was only .packages. I'll be using Sims3Pack files from now on, then. I just hope my Launcher holds up. The reason I switched to .packages in the first place was because the Launcher kept freezing or crashing when I had too much stuff installed. At the moment, I only use it to install lots, neighborhoods and patterns and it's been ok so far. I can use CompressorizerRedux to decrapify, right?

That's weird. Then again I only use the launcher to install store content and patches, I don't open it otherwise. Did you try doing a fresh re-install? The reason for the conflicting stories is that not everybody installs the arred store stuff the same way. I believe that people that had store stuff in package format did experience some borkiness. I think If you scroll up Moryrie explains how to get them working again.

I absolutely recommend switching to the decrapping method though. Good luck.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: 2011 October 21, 14:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last time I was having a lot of issues with the Launcher I still had XP with only 3GB of RAM, so it could have been a RAM issue. Now I have Windows 7 with 8GB of RAM, so it's very possible that I won't have any problems this time. It was just a case of me getting used to using the merged packages for store content and not having any real reason to switch back, even after upgrading my computer.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: 2011 October 21, 15:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My launcher works fine, except it freezes when I go to close it out. I'm running Windows 7 with 6 or 8 gigs of ram. I only use it for store CC as well.

TaterTots
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: 2011 October 21, 19:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else have the Origin costume set as a .sims3pack? The link provided is out of bandwidth.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 21:05:10 by TaterTots » Logged
virgali
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: 2011 October 21, 20:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure whether this is store related or not but since it's a promo/reward item I figured I'd post this here. Does anybody have a idea how to get the pets costumes? I believe you had to pre-order with origin to get them so I don't expect MATYANS (MATYians?) to have these. Though maybe you know people that did pre-order with origin and got it. I'll be googling for them in the mean time.

You mean these?

[stupid fursuit shit snipped]

I haven't seen them posted anywhere yet, but it was the Origin pre-order bonus.

Christ almighty, why would anyone want something that stupid and lame in their game?  I can almost understand it as a toddler/child costume, but for teens and adults?  There's bad taste, and then there's profound retardation.  WTG, EA.

I couldn't find a Jeromy pudding or I'd be posting pics of you frolicking around in both costumes!  Tongue

@Tater: http://www.mediafire.com/?yyka9yzw3s49axw
« Last Edit: 2011 October 21, 20:15:22 by virgali » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: