More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:08:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152164 times)
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1575 on: 2011 October 18, 20:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried out Moryrie's files, and the dining chair animations are still borked. I think we'll just have to wait for fixes to come out. It may be possible for people who have bought items from the store to re-download them and they should work, from what I've read.
Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: 2011 October 19, 04:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I updated both of my daughters' games and they didn't have any problems with any store items (package or Sims3pack file) and today when I got Pets, I installed it on both of their computers and the store stuff is still ok and this evening I updated and installed Pets on my computer and I don't have any problems with store content either (bought or not).  Howabominable, I don't know why you are having problems.   From what I read, any custom made bed, chair, etc. was affected - basically anything a pet could use.  I had some Holy Simoly furniture and a couple of other custom sofa's which I uninstalled. 
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1577 on: 2011 October 19, 05:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I updated both of my daughters' games and they didn't have any problems with any store items (package or Sims3pack file) and today when I got Pets, I installed it on both of their computers and the store stuff is still ok and this evening I updated and installed Pets on my computer and I don't have any problems with store content either (bought or not).  Howabominable, I don't know why you are having problems.   From what I read, any custom made bed, chair, etc. was affected - basically anything a pet could use.  I had some Holy Simoly furniture and a couple of other custom sofa's which I uninstalled. 
Are you using decrapified simpacks or .package files?

Andistyr
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: 2011 October 19, 06:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skadi, anything I bought or it was free, it's a Sims3pack file (not decrapified) and the stuff I didn't buy, I downloaded the Sims3pack files untouched from here and made them into packages myself (using the instructions given to me by femmedeluxe about a year and a half ago).
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1579 on: 2011 October 19, 07:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. I am going to try Moryrie's merged packages tonight.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: 2011 October 19, 10:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So is the store patch actually exist? The one that fixes store contents for Pets, not the other one that was released like a month ago that fixed the lamp or something like that?
rosemary
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: 2011 October 19, 12:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried out Moryrie's files, and the dining chair animations are still borked. I think we'll just have to wait for fixes to come out. It may be possible for people who have bought items from the store to re-download them and they should work, from what I've read.

I have used the Rig Fix for packages by Granthes from MTS it is in testing but I used it on Moyrie's files  and  my chairs and beds are functioning correctly.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1582 on: 2011 October 19, 12:58:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just spent ages searching through MTS for this Rig-Fix by Granthes and I can't find it anywhere... Is it just not generally available yet? or can you provide a link to where I might get it. Thanks.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: 2011 October 19, 13:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Xianah, it's here:
http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php/topic,1298.msg1995.html#msg1995
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1584 on: 2011 October 19, 14:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have used the Rig Fix for packages by Granthes from MTS it is in testing but I used it on Moryrie's files  and  my chairs and beds are functioning correctly.

That's really good news. I was worried that since it was all merged that there would be some issue with using that fix, and that I'd have to redownload everything and remerge it all.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: 2011 October 19, 14:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hold off a bit, Moryrie.  The fix is still in beta and apparently only partially effective, as certain animations are still borked.  According to Inj, it takes a combination of Granthes' fix and editing in S3PE with the new RIG wrapper to make some cc completely Pets-compatible.  The discussion thread is here.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1586 on: 2011 October 19, 15:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this might be helpful too....

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/view-post/post/22387

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1587 on: 2011 October 19, 16:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd hold off a bit, Moryrie.  The fix is still in beta and apparently only partially effective, as certain animations are still borked.  According to Inj, it takes a combination of Granthes' fix and editing in S3PE with the new RIG wrapper to make some cc completely Pets-compatible.  The discussion thread is here.
I wasn't planning on tackling it right away. I'm not on the right computer anyway. But I was pretty sure I was going to have to completely abandon this project, or totally start over again. I can definitely verify that reinstalling the game up to Town Life Stuff, installing all the packages in decrapified form, and then patching the game up to pets makes all the content, with the exception of the Fountain of Youth, and Spelllbook, which conflict and are borked anyway work. The only thing I noticed a problem with was with island counters, which barstools wouldn't snap to.

I can probably salvage the CASPs I changed and upload those as a separate fix for everyone if the _rig for store crap is unfixable for some reason. Mostly EA's been smarter with what it marks lately anyway, so my fixes are not completely necessary anymore except for old crap, like the mormon maternity dresses and everyday speedos.

Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: 2011 October 19, 17:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will reinstall the game and try that. I'm not sure why it is working for some people and not others. I'm sorry everything's screwed up, Moryrie, and I hope there's a fix that means you won't have to abandon the project or do a ton of work to continue.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: 2011 October 19, 20:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure whether this is store related or not but since it's a promo/reward item I figured I'd post this here. Does anybody have a idea how to get the pets costumes? I believe you had to pre-order with origin to get them so I don't expect MATYANS (MATYians?) to have these. Though maybe you know people that did pre-order with origin and got it. I'll be googling for them in the mean time.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: 2011 October 19, 21:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I reinstalled the game completely, patched after each expansion install, downloaded Moryrie's packages again, decrapified them, and put them in the game, and I am still having the animation problems. I really do not know what the issue is and why it is not working for me.

Time to bust out the RigFix program.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 19, 21:27:48 by Howabominable » Logged
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: 2011 October 19, 21:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure whether this is store related or not but since it's a promo/reward item I figured I'd post this here. Does anybody have a idea how to get the pets costumes? I believe you had to pre-order with origin to get them so I don't expect MATYANS (MATYians?) to have these. Though maybe you know people that did pre-order with origin and got it. I'll be googling for them in the mean time.

You mean these?

I haven't seen them posted anywhere yet, but it was the Origin pre-order bonus.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: 2011 October 19, 21:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, those. Some people said that they got their code and downloaded it but so far I haven't seen any screenshots of them (in-game/CAH) so I'm not sure if this is true. I was hoping that maybe there are people out there that lurk here who have them. Maybe someone here knows someone who got the items and is willing to share.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: 2011 October 19, 22:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the RigFix on Moryrie's package files and it did help quite a bit. Some animations are still missing but it's enough for me to be able to play with without being driven crazy by sims floating 4 feet away from the dining table.

Luckily, even if you do have to replace some files, most are not affected. All of the hairs and clothing, for instance, and the lots, etc. It's just some of the furniture.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1594 on: 2011 October 19, 22:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I reinstalled the game completely, patched after each expansion install, downloaded Moryrie's packages again, decrapified them, and put them in the game, and I am still having the animation problems. I really do not know what the issue is and why it is not working for me.

Yeah, decrapifying my packages as is doesn't work. You have to use the original simpacks. Or the regfix you used after. Can you possibly list exactly what is and isn't fixed by that fix?

Marquis
fway
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: 2011 October 19, 23:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure you can ask the Zetatard, since this is its kind of thing.

Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: 2011 October 19, 23:13:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, decrapifying my packages as is doesn't work. You have to use the original simpacks. Or the regfix you used after. Can you possibly list exactly what is and isn't fixed by that fix?

I've only tested out the dining-chair seated animation on the Faerie table dining set, as that one was consistently messed up for me. Before the fix, the sims would animate pulling out the dining chair to sit on it, but the chair wouldn't move, and after a second the sims would pop a couple of feet behind the chair in the sitting position. With the fix, the chair still doesn't move when they sit down or get up, but they sit in the chairs in the proper place.

I also tested the swingset animations. Before the fix sims would do the swing animation, but the actual swing itself did not move, so the sims looked like they were swinging on air. After the fix, the swing still doesn't move, and the sims stay in place on the swing, lifting their legs of if they're swinging. So not much improvement there.

So far this is the only problem I've had with using items, however I haven't played much since I'm waiting for all of my mods to be updated and I haven't received Pets yet. Sorry if this isn't specific enough, I'm not very technical when it comes to the Sims.

Earlier yesterday I did try decrapified sims3packs and those were borked too, though I can test them after the new install and see if that is still the case.

I'll just edit this to post out what I've found so far:

What doesn't work after the fix:
- Swing animation, at least for adult sims
- The pull-out-chair animation when sims sit down or get up
- When a toddler takes a toy from the toy box, he clips into it slightly.
- Hot tub animations are broken, sim gets in and then pops up in the middle of the air over it.
- Refrigerator doors do not open, neither do trash compactors or dishwashers
- Sims refuse to pedal bikes, but they still move magically. Also, the dismount animation for bikes may be wrong. I don't remember what the original animation looked like but my sim sure looked awkward getting off of it.
- The scooter animation is COMPLETELY wrong, with the sim sitting perpendicular to the scooter, and 3 feet away from it. Yikes.
- Sims hold the guitars at the wrong angle.

What does work:
- Sims now sit in the proper spot when sitting down
- Sitting/napping on the couch is okay
- Getting books from the bookshelf
- Using beds, both single and double (couldn't test woohoo because I have some kind of mod conflict that won't allow my sims to currently)
- Toddler picking up items such as teddy bears is okay.
- Putting toddlers in the crib
- All bathroom animations (taking shower, taking bath, using the toilet, washing hands)
- Making the bed
- Lounge chair nap
- Sims seem to have no problem putting objects on counters and tables.
- Coffeemakers work fine
- Cars work fine
- The easel, chess board, and telescope are good
- Stoves, cooking animations

If you want me to test something specifically let me know, I don't know what to look for. So far it seems like the main problems are objects not opening properly and sims picking up and holding objects.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 20, 00:03:13 by Howabominable » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: 2011 October 20, 00:18:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean these?

[stupid fursuit shit snipped]

Christ almighty, why would anyone want something that stupid and lame in their game?  I can almost understand it as a toddler/child costume, but for teens and adults?  There's bad taste, and then there's profound retardation.  WTG, EA.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Panama_Crew
Asinine Airhead

.package factory co.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1598 on: 2011 October 20, 00:26:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrCEX1ElJ8

i have the same bug too...  Undecided

http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/registered/5/17454/user_size_117443.jpg

Update: RigFix fixed it...

http://http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/registered/5/17454/user_size_117444.jpg

http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/registered/5/17454/user_size_117445.jpg
« Last Edit: 2011 October 20, 01:21:49 by Panama_Crew » Logged

Serius "Hardcore" Gamer ^^:http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/unregistered/4cf/e18/user_size_329050.jpg
Everything in this world is a dlc(EA Game$)
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1599 on: 2011 October 20, 01:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean these?

[stupid fursuit shit snipped]

Christ almighty, why would anyone want something that stupid and lame in their game?  I can almost understand it as a toddler/child costume, but for teens and adults?  There's bad taste, and then there's profound retardation.  WTG, EA.
And its probably enabled for random.

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: