More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:39:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152024 times)
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1550 on: 2011 October 17, 22:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, pretty much everything in the store download thread that is in .package form seems to be affected by the new patch. I tested some of the chairs, tables, and other items obtained here and the animations are messed up. It looks like there is going to have to be a lot of reuploading done so that the items will work again. Joy.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1551 on: 2011 October 17, 22:35:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The borks apply to ALL CC including some new items normally purchased and possibly decrapified items that didn't get updated with the patch.

Welcome to the Pets expansion, please relax while EA fucks up your game.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 2011 October 18, 00:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone did say there was a new store content patch that fixes the store items, I haven't seen it yet though.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1553 on: 2011 October 18, 00:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It came out about a month ago. EA knew it was coming.

Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: 2011 October 18, 02:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to go back and redownload them all in simspack form instead of .package form and see if that makes the difference. I don't have any store items that involve animations currently so I can't check and see if that is the problem.

EDIT: Now it won't let me install any pre-patch simspacks, it says I need to update the game. Whee.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 18, 02:23:57 by Howabominable » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 2011 October 18, 03:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It came out about a month ago. EA knew it was coming.
There was a Store Patch? Where?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1556 on: 2011 October 18, 03:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll upload my copy of it. It basically creates a new folder in your sims 3 folder called 'content patch' and has two files inside.

* ContentPatch.7z (17.87 KB - downloaded 388 times.)

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: 2011 October 18, 04:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the patch? What's the _0000.part file in Download do? Is that just corrupted gubbins from a bad Moryrie download? It looks the same as the other file. Also, it's rather small. This is it? How did it install itself?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: 2011 October 18, 04:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it too, it installed through the launcher about a month ago.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: 2011 October 18, 04:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a link for only the bonus suit for playing sims social on facebook? The link in the download thread includes october compilation and uber toilet, which I already have. I prefer untouched sims3pack, thanks in advance.

Anyone? Or at least tell me the file name? I've searched the downloads thread again, just in case I missed it, but searching for "facebook" only gives 2 results, and both are packages. I prefer sims3pack. I've also searched for "bonus", "social", and "reward" and nothing relevant came up except the one containing the link of package version of it.

Why are you searching? It came out recently, just start on the last page and work your way backwards, this isn't rocket science.

*edit* it IS on the last page tardling

Both posts about it on the last page are packages. I want sims3pack. Reading comprehensive FTW.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1560 on: 2011 October 18, 04:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It installed itself via the launcher. I can't claim to know what it does, but I know its EA's, and not something weird. There might be a second content patch somewhere, but I haven't found it, and the launcher doesn't seem to be aware of its existence either.

edit: Found the 'patch notes' for that thing.

Store content patch V 1.0
POSTED ON 09/12/11 04:54 PM
To install this update, please start your game and use the "Downloads" tab in your Launcher.

This Store update includes the following changes:

Faire Ceiling Lamp:  The ceiling lights will fade away when zooming in.
    Mysterious Deep Space Pods:   The ceiling lights will fade away when zooming in.
    Too Literal Tea Ceiling Light: The ceiling lights will fade away when zooming in.

*A game restart is required for updates made while the game is running.

And there does not appear to be a second one listed.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: 2011 October 18, 06:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a link for only the bonus suit for playing sims social on facebook? The link in the download thread includes october compilation and uber toilet, which I already have. I prefer untouched sims3pack, thanks in advance.

Anyone? Or at least tell me the file name? I've searched the downloads thread again, just in case I missed it, but searching for "facebook" only gives 2 results, and both are packages. I prefer sims3pack. I've also searched for "bonus", "social", and "reward" and nothing relevant came up except the one containing the link of package version of it.

Why are you searching? It came out recently, just start on the last page and work your way backwards, this isn't rocket science.

Both posts about it on the last page are packages. I want sims3pack. Reading comprehensive [sic] FTW.

Your original post said you preferred sims3pack, not required.  Comprehensible writing FTW.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: 2011 October 18, 09:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what, all the store shit is broken right now, too?

notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: 2011 October 18, 09:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both posts about it on the last page are packages. I want sims3pack. Reading comprehensive FTW.

You are wrong. Just LOOK at the last page. It is there, in sims3pack, and there is even a pretty picture. Now you can quit mocking people with better reading comprehension than yours.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 18, 10:02:15 by notouching » Logged
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1564 on: 2011 October 18, 11:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so.. store content will work if you uninstall your game, reinstall it up to right before the last patch, decrapify it all, install it all, and then patch the game. It might possibly work in package form, (or without a complete reinstall) if everything is re-uploaded. But it would have to be all 'fresh' packages from what I'm gathering.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: 2011 October 18, 11:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both posts about it on the last page are packages. I want sims3pack. Reading comprehensive [sic] FTW.

Your original post said you preferred sims3pack, not required.  Comprehensible writing FTW.

My second post had stated that I've found out that both posts contain packages, if there's really no sims3pack then I'd be ok, but I asked just in case there IS a sims3pack version floating around somewhere.

You are wrong. Just LOOK at the last page. It is there, in sims3pack, and there is even a pretty picture. Now you can quit mocking people with better reading comprehension than yours.

"The new free item at the store" one? That's the sims social bonus? The post didn't state if it is, so it's not my reading comprehension, it's the lack of info. I don't know what kind of suit it is and what's the file name, so I can't check if I got it already or not. That's why I asked.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 18, 12:02:23 by bowrain » Logged
amarynth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: 2011 October 18, 12:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what, all the store shit is broken right now, too?

FWIW, my store content (unmodified sims3packs that I decrapified) worked just fine after patching.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: 2011 October 18, 13:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, I noticed that I got a new store icon too. The patch only breaks user made CC, store content works fine. I believe those that have the arred content in .package format are experiencing problems because the game reads them as CC and not EA items.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: 2011 October 18, 15:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same here, I noticed that I got a new store icon too. The patch only breaks user made CC, store content works fine. I believe those that have the arred content in .package format are experiencing problems because the game reads them as CC and not EA items.

I believe you are correct on this. I removed all my .package and reinstalled them as .sims3pack and as far as I can tell they seem to be working ok.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: 2011 October 18, 15:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure someone will share The Sims 3 Pets preorder bonus for the stupid pet store that you only get with the 'limited' edition.
notouching
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: 2011 October 18, 17:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The new free item at the store" one? That's the sims social bonus? The post didn't state if it is, so it's not my reading comprehension, it's the lack of info. I don't know what kind of suit it is and what's the file name, so I can't check if I got it already or not. That's why I asked.

I see. Yes, that's the Sims Social bonus item. The name of the file is: amBodySportsFan.Sims3Pack. In the launcher, under Sims, it's got a really long name: "When you love your team--I mean REALLY love your team--you dress up klike (sic) a superhero for them."
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: 2011 October 18, 17:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This set is apparently the registration reward for Pets: http://store.thesims3.com/iams
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: 2011 October 18, 18:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is also this.
michelou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: 2011 October 18, 18:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I deleted, then reinstalled (I have the zips saved in a file, sort of for a just in case reserve, like now) Moryrie's package files and they are all working normally. At least so far.  Although, I haven't tried the "extra play" stuff like the massage chair or book of magic. I guess testing those are next.

Update:  the book of magic works, but I also have a book/fountain of youth fix I found here also. The massage chair doesn't exactly work right, the sim goes through the animations, but while facing the wrong way. It doesn't seem to have harmed the save, but again, at least for now.

Other than that, I haven't found a single problem, even the package files of the lots (placed in the library folder) show up and are decorated correctly.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 18, 19:18:43 by michelou » Logged
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: 2011 October 18, 18:34:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded decrapified sims3packs of the store yesterday and tried them out, and some items didn't work, though most did. The ones that didn't seem to work were anything that uses the dining chair sitting animation, such as toilets and whatever. Everything else appears to be working okay. Going to test out Moryrie's packages, hopefully they work and will save a lot of pain/
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: