More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:32:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152177 times)
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1475 on: 2011 September 02, 19:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Is the Spring of Youth supposed to have a water spurting animation? It's the one that came from a point bundle. It seems like it ought to have one, it's kinda meh otherwise.

Yes it's supposed to be animated. The fountain, for some reason, is conflicting with the spellbook in some games.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: 2011 September 02, 20:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Is the Spring of Youth supposed to have a water spurting animation? It's the one that came from a point bundle. It seems like it ought to have one, it's kinda meh otherwise.

Yes it's supposed to be animated. The fountain, for some reason, is conflicting with the spellbook in some games.
No, that is the Fountain of Youth, that came with Hidden Springs. I have that semi-functioning, visual effects are in place on that one, it's kinda pretty. The Spring of Youth was released a last year as a points bundle. I hadn't noticed it in game until now.
http://www.simprograms.com/15370/may-2010-buy-simpoints-get-free-items/

Does Hidden Springs remind anyone else of a badly airbrushed birthday cake? That green doesn't look natural.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Seacret
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: 2011 September 02, 20:38:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that is the Fountain of Youth, that came with Hidden Springs. I have that semi-functioning, graphical effects are in place on that one, it's kinda pretty. The Spring of Youth was released a last year as a points bundle.

Apologies. I just checked the spring in game and it isn't animated but it looks like it should be. How odd. Perhaps it's conflicting with something else from the store like the fountain is or it was never meant to be animated.
rickycheng
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: 2011 September 03, 03:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I export a .sim3pack to get only some object. The Compliation pack is too much object for me , and I just want one set inside it.
HarryMason
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: 2011 September 06, 14:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem getting the spellbook to appear in my game.  I got the 26th Update and installed it via 3viewer but while I got the Gothique library available as a lot named "2 Library", the spellbook is not available to purchase.  My household currently holds about 180K simoleons but the spellbook does not appear under hobbies and skills.  Am I doing something wrong in my game?  I have every EP and Stuff Pack installed (game is at version 1.24).  In that same vein, store files don't seem to appear consistently in the game.  Some things do appear and some others don't.  I do remember installing every single Store Update and set at once with 3viewer and I think I've read here that one should install smaller groups of sim3packs at a time instead of all at once.

I also have a mod question: is the woohooer compatible with awesome mod?

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: 2011 September 07, 02:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a fixed spellbook on this site, and if you search there are a few posts explaining what to do with it. I don't use the 3viewer to install content, so I don't know if it decrapifies or not, but a quick search will give you specific information on how to do so, so that your store stuff will show up in your game.

I don't use the woohooer, but do you even need it with AM?

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: 2011 September 07, 02:35:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The woohooer works with AM just fine for me, I think I've read that there are some conflicts but I'm not sure, I only use it to allow gay pregnancies. Which is the only reason I can think of for needing it with Am. Also if you're using AM you don't need the spell book fix.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
HarryMason
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: 2011 September 07, 11:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the answers.  I'll look up how to fix the store stuff problems.

As an addenda I'm pretty noobish regarding all this decrapify, compressing and anything more complicated than just installing the framework and putting the mod files in the packages folder, CC stuff is working properly.  I wonder if I should get into this as my game seems to freeze for a few seconds when my sims are abroad.  The game will freeze for 5~45 secs and then resume.

I'm installing stuff using 3viewer because I never got into the whole "install lots here, clothes there and worlds over here...yadda yadda" I need something as fool proof as possible as I'm no longer into this game like I was before.  Every single expansion breaks my household and I have to start over again.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 07, 11:52:36 by HarryMason » Logged
Howabominable
Asinine Airhead

Hi.

View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: 2011 September 08, 18:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game does the freeze thing when my sims are traveling too, but it happens when I remove mods as well. I don't think it's related. I think it has something to do with tombs, as it usually only starts lagging the first time a sim starts exploring one. Very annoying. But I had that problem before I downloaded all this junk, so if you're going to have a laggy WA, you might as well do it in style, I say.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: 2011 September 12, 20:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New Store Patch V1.0, http://www.simprograms.com/34404/sims-3-store-first-patch-notes/. Anyone with arr'd content try this yet? The three things mentioned don't even seem like things really needing to be fixed, not with the whole spell book and fountain conflict, but that's Ea for you.

NM, I got impatient and tried it myself. It's not really a patch, it's a package fix. The launcher adds a new file directory in your "my documents" folder named ContentPatch, which now has a new package file in it named ContentPatch. It worked on my decrapped items.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 12, 21:21:06 by kissing_toast » Logged

Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: 2011 September 12, 21:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made for me a mod for not fading all ceilings lamps out. I hate not to see the lamps. Are they crazy ?  I wont the columns to fade out, not the ceilings lamps.
O.K this contentpatch.package can I delete or rework, but it is a work for nothing.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: 2011 September 12, 22:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made for me a mod for not fading all ceilings lamps out. I hate not to see the lamps. Are they crazy ?  I wont the columns to fade out, not the ceilings lamps.
O.K this contentpatch.package can I delete or rework, but it is a work for nothing.

The "patch" makes the three items listed fade out, so if you want the opposite, delete it.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: 2011 September 12, 23:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use the launcher to start the game, and I never let the launcher phone home. Is there a workaround for this yet? Are the fixes even worth using it?

Kissing Toast, would you be willing to share the file so I could see if it would work if installed manually?

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: 2011 September 13, 00:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use the launcher to start the game, and I never let the launcher phone home. Is there a workaround for this yet? Are the fixes even worth using it?

Kissing Toast, would you be willing to share the file so I could see if it would work if installed manually?

Well so far, I'd say no, it only changes three ceiling lights to where they fade upon zooming in. I guess we really see where Ea's priorities lie. Anywho, here are the files, just plop the folder into your my documents folder for the game. Make sure to wear your tin hat when doing so, the walls have ears too ya know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x427ah605ewdt47

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: 2011 September 13, 00:24:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the files. I don't know if it will even work, but there's (probably) no harm in trying.  Wait a minute. Are you watching me through mah cameraz?

Edited to add:

Well, It seems that when you open the launcher and get the 'there is a patch available' message, the magical launcher will install a contentPatch folder for you, even if you don't select an option to install. The folder is empty, but just in case you're gonna want to install the patch later, most of the work is already done.  Ta Da! 
« Last Edit: 2011 September 13, 00:45:03 by socurious » Logged

hayleyhail
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: 2011 September 13, 15:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please no clubbing me for my following question's  Roll Eyes

Do any of you know of any good websites that can explain all the basics and fundamentals of moding this damn game? 
I just downloaded a torrent a bit ago and used ISO's for the first time (talk about pain in the ass with no directions)! And I want to go all out and get mods as well. I was referred by a friend to this site for great mod's (which I have found many I want) but problem is, he can not rightly explain how to install them properly.

I have been trying to read up on all this crazy lingo while my torrent was downloading overnight... but I have no clue, what the hell you all are talking about! ^_^

Just a few things that are main concerns in my mind:
-Decrapified? I see a lot of this being discussed while trying to convert in store game files? What does it do exactly? (bahaha shoot me if I am wrong)
-Downloading homes! What files do I put them in? I found several that are fucking awwwesome on here! Have not fiddled with the folders yet or set my framework up. But do the downloaded homes just go in the mod files?

Fuckin aye I know I will be torn up over this noob posting. But I aspire to be here trolling on noobs one day with you all! So a little help for an ...(hmm, whats a good word?) intern?  Cheesy

Much thanks guys! 
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: 2011 September 13, 15:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google is your friend.  We are not.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
hayleyhail
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: 2011 September 13, 15:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Google is your friend.  We are not.

You're always such a happy camper Jeromy! Thanks for those kind words of wisdom.

Google is no ones friend. All it brings are shitty links with others who don't know shit.
I'm not half as retarded as all others that post on here. I checked Google first, and found nothing of the sorts I was looking for.
Which is why I gave in and posted here!

Even being new...I knew you would be the first to comment back to me! So thanks for that lovely help you provided!
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: 2011 September 13, 15:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you admit to failing at google? Well done. If you knew the reaction you would get, why did you persist in asking this question?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
hayleyhail
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: 2011 September 13, 15:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you admit to failing at google? Well done. If you knew the reaction you would get, why did you persist in asking this question?

Because I thought maybe a few of the asshole troll's wouldn't be on?
Actually I thought if I reconciled and admitted to not knowing much, and put specifics down that someone would at least post one helpful link to an outside page or even a few links to a thread on this site (even if just a tiny bit).

I just want to mod my game! No need to be all snippy just because I am not "holier than thou" like the rest of you!
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: 2011 September 13, 16:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I thought if I reconciled and admitted to not knowing much, and put specifics down that someone would at least post one helpful link to an outside page or even a few links to a thread on this site (even if just a tiny bit).

I just want to mod my game! No need to be all snippy just because I am not "holier than thou" like the rest of you!

It's hardly trolling if its the accepted attitude of the place. It's funny, because the first hit you get if you type "mod sims 3" into google takes you to a site where you can find plenty of information on adding mods to your game.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: 2011 September 13, 17:03:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are actually the troll in this case. The answers are here, no one is going to hold your hand. Calling us assholes because you're stupid isn't going to make us help you any more than before.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: 2011 September 17, 18:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I truly am holier than you all.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: 2011 September 17, 20:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Jezzer shoots Jeebus full of EVEN MOAR holes.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Kharaya
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: 2011 September 17, 22:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been trying to download the items into my game, following the "How to Install Custom Content" instructions on the Downloads page, and I got this to work so that the Game Launcher told me they had installed, and they showed up in my Installed Content tab.  But upon launching the game, none of the items were there, and looking back into Installed Content, the new stuff is no longer showing up.

I haven't had chance to check if this if happening with everything, because I downloaded quite a lot, but it is definitely happening with a number of sets, and possibly some of the bonus items.

Any ideas? :s
« Last Edit: 2011 September 17, 23:22:41 by Kharaya » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: