More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:09:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152440 times)
Caliboo
Tasty Tourist

Dont Fuck it up :)

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1450 on: 2011 August 26, 17:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried 2 and 3 and the same is happening to me on two files I have tried to install today. I realize the World files must be installed as Sim3packs but I get the same error as the poster above, even after decrapifying. My game is up to date.

I have searched, I have downloaded before, and I have been able to get sim3packs into my game in the past. But Hidden Springs is not working for me. I believe I can still get the bundle to work if I package it and I do know how to do that. World files though cannot be packaged, at least according to posts here on MATY.
- Compressorize the sims3pack with s3rc.
- Extract the packages with Delphy's Multi Installer.
- The biggest package is the world, rename it to .world. Put it in the same directory that contains Sunset Valley.world. Hint: look under the directory where you installed the game, probably Program Files.
- Drop the other packages in the normal framework Install the remaining packages as normal packages.

umm...
ok how do i rename the packagefiles to .world?
p.s. im bad with computers. sorry
« Last Edit: 2011 August 26, 18:16:47 by Caliboo » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: 2011 August 26, 17:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It means you should SEARCH MOAR.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
lezboo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: 2011 August 26, 20:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please give me the first few numbers of the world file.  Thank you.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: 2011 August 26, 21:12:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put this in the s3rc folder with the file to decrapify and click on it.
0x69a5fbc0c1a2c1a248149c3e6b636441 for the world, it's the 128ko one.

* s3rcBatch.zip (0.2 KB - downloaded 271 times.)
PorcelainVal
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: 2011 August 28, 18:53:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't seem to post in the TS3 Store: Downloads thread.  I don't have a reply or quote button.  Does my account need special permission? 
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: 2011 August 28, 19:00:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try reading the title of the thread. Updates are posted here and moved over by the mods.

I sing along with elevator music.
maireadre
Tasty Tourist

My cat can beat up your cat.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1456 on: 2011 August 28, 22:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem for a while, and I've read all over and I can't seem to find a solution. I was hoping people could help me here, or at least point me in the right direction.

OK so... I'm downloaded all of the Sims 3 Store content from this website, and I have decrapified all of it also. But after that step, I click the SimPacks for them to install. It will say "Success!" but if I start my game or re-load the Sims Launcher, the items DID NOT install at all.

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Thank you!!
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: 2011 August 29, 01:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem for a while, and I've read all over and I can't seem to find a solution. I was hoping people could help me here, or at least point me in the right direction.

OK so... I'm downloaded all of the Sims 3 Store content from this website, and I have decrapified all of it also. But after that step, I click the SimPacks for them to install. It will say "Success!" but if I start my game or re-load the Sims Launcher, the items DID NOT install at all.

Well for starters that avatar. As I've been told many times, flashy things are frowned upon here, not to mention yours is also weeaboo-ish. As for the items, if they do not install you're not decrapping them, read the instructions and try again.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: 2011 August 29, 01:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are having problems, try using a batch.cmd file instead of dropping the Sims3packs onto the decrapify.exe, there is at least one around here somewhere or you could write your own. Another good plan is to get The CompressorizerRedux, make sure to update it with the compressor file from here, the one that comes with that program is old. It's basically a batch command with a pretty shell.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
dragonic
Blathering Buffoon

Lurker extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: 2011 August 29, 03:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are having problems, try using a batch.cmd file instead of dropping the Sims3packs onto the decrapify.exe, there is at least one around here somewhere or you could write your own. Another good plan is to get The CompressorizerRedux, make sure to update it with the compressor file from here, the one that comes with that program is old. It's basically a batch command with a pretty shell.
I remember posting this somewhere here but I couldn't find it.
Everything you need to install .Sim3Pack files in one complete, convenient package.
Just remember to check for updates to s3rc.exe
http://www.mediafire.com/?6qv6rc5s8086t46
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: 2011 August 29, 04:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...downloaded all of the Sims 3 Store content from this website, and I have decrapified all of it also. But after that step, I click the SimPacks for them to install. It will say "Success!" but if I start my game or re-load the Sims Launcher, the items DID NOT install at all.

I have experienced this behavior when attempting to intall every decrappified sims3pack at once. In my experience, limiting the total number of sims3pack files inside the /Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads folder to roughly 20 items or a maximum of 100MB total size results in successful installation via the Launcher application.

Bumping my last question up, any indication on why Store items continue to miss STBL strings for the Latin American (0x14) region? Both the latest world, the wind chime and the bonus pack were once again corrupted, although Hidden Springs was only partially faulty.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: 2011 August 29, 17:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I posted the cmd file earlier, it is the only way I can decrapify.
maireadre
Tasty Tourist

My cat can beat up your cat.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1462 on: 2011 August 30, 02:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for starters that avatar. As I've been told many times, flashy things are frowned upon here, not to mention yours is also weeaboo-ish. As for the items, if they do not install you're not decrapping them, read the instructions and try again.

Well for starters I didn't ask your opinion on my avatar... I asked about my problem getting my cc to install. Obviously I did de-crapify them as I said I did IF you even read my problems in the first place. If you are just going to TROLL, do it somewhere else.

Thank you everyone else though, I will try updating it to see if those were my problems.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: 2011 August 30, 04:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well for starters I didn't ask your opinion on my avatar... I asked about my problem getting my cc to install. Obviously I did de-crapify them as I said I did IF you even read my problems in the first place. If you are just going to TROLL, do it somewhere else.

Thank you everyone else though, I will try updating it to see if those were my problems.

Obviously, jackass, you must have forgotten where the fuck you are. I was trying to be nice and here you go getting all tardly on me, this is why people don't help as often around here, ungrateful little shits like you are just that, ungrateful. Just because your tardliness says you decrapped them doesn't mean you actually did, because if you had, now listen closely, they would have fucking installed. Because even if your problem was that you tried doing all of them at once, atleast a few would have installed, I know from personal experience.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: 2011 August 30, 05:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, as KT pointed out, your avatar is obnoxious, retarded, and weeabooish.  That sort of thing generally draws negative attention around here.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: 2011 August 30, 07:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird, I decrapify all sims3packs (to date), then install in one hit. Works fine for me, though it can take a while.

Code:
for /R %%i in (*.sims3pack) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.package) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.nhd) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.sim) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
for /R %%i in (*.dbc) do s3rc.exe -fD "%%i"
@pause

This is my batch file, saved as s3cBatch.cmd.
I have decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in the same folder, along with all the sims3packs. If you make sure both executables are up to date, then just double-click the .cmd file and voilą.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: 2011 August 30, 16:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would respectfully disagree with Kissing Toast's statement that at least some sims3pack files would have installed. When using the following process: 1.- CompressorizerRedux with Pescado's decrapify.exe, s3rc.exe, 2.- using the EA Launcher to install from /Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads, without mods, not a single sims3pack appeared in-game, despite the Launcher announcing success for each item (except those that were duplicated). I should point out this happened at the time of Ambitions and later Generations, prior to the latest Recompressor update and the entire install lasted roughly an hour.

Will try another complete reinstall once Pets arrives in my region and use the batch file, decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe system instead, although resulting sims3pack files should be the same?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: 2011 August 30, 17:05:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have never used s3rc.exe.  I only use the decrapify.exe.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: 2011 August 30, 18:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would respectfully disagree with Kissing Toast's statement that at least some sims3pack files would have installed. When using the following process: 1.- CompressorizerRedux with Pescado's decrapify.exe, s3rc.exe, 2.- using the EA Launcher to install from /Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads, without mods, not a single sims3pack appeared in-game, despite the Launcher announcing success for each item (except those that were duplicated). I should point out this happened at the time of Ambitions and later Generations, prior to the latest Recompressor update and the entire install lasted roughly an hour.

Will try another complete reinstall once Pets arrives in my region and use the batch file, decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe system instead, although resulting sims3pack files should be the same?

The last time I had to reinstall everything I tried doing them all at once, about a third installed. After that I did batches of about twenty or so. I use the compressorizer redux to do my decrapping, I just like having menus and stuff.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: 2011 August 31, 18:39:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weird, I decrapify all sims3packs (to date), then install in one hit. Works fine for me, though it can take a while.

Code:
@pause

I have decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe in the same folder, along with all the sims3packs. If you make sure both executables are up to date, then just double-click the .cmd file and voilą.

This is what I used to do, then as the amount of sims3packs grew some of the packs didn't seem to install right using the launcher, now I use the Compressorizer Redux and use the launcher to install all Sims3packs to date to get one or two giant .dbcs, and everything is installed fine. I then remove them to my packages folders and make sure my .package fixes are overriding the .dbcs. I have no idea why it works with the Compressorizer instead of the plain .exes, as it's the same damn thing either way, probably something I'm doing. Voodoo, fucking game runs on Voodoo.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1470 on: 2011 September 01, 23:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code:
@pause

I accidentally all the loops.

Code:
@SET FILES=*.sims3pack *.package *.nhd *.sim *.dbc *.ebc
@FOR /F "tokens=*" %%G IN ('DIR /B %FILES%') DO s3rc.exe -fD "%%G"
@pause

Scalability FTW!
You can add more files to process without needing to copy the whole damn line.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: 2011 September 02, 01:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code:
@pause

This is what I used to do, then as the amount of sims3packs grew some of the packs didn't seem to install right using the launcher, now I use the Compressorizer Redux and use the launcher to install all Sims3packs to date to get one or two giant .dbcs, and everything is installed fine. I then remove them to my packages folders and make sure my .package fixes are overriding the .dbcs. I have no idea why it works with the Compressorizer instead of the plain .exes, as it's the same damn thing either way, probably something I'm doing. Voodoo, fucking game runs on Voodoo.

What is the benefit of moving the dbc's to the package folder? I'm assuming installed this way, they show up with the custom content stars?  I'm really curious.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: 2011 September 02, 10:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone here posted this kitchen?

http://store.thesims3.com/setsProductDetails.html?categoryId=&scategoryId=13079&index=0&productId=OFB-SIM3:37984&pcategoryId=12861&ppcategoryId=13078
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: 2011 September 02, 12:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the compilation sets.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: 2011 September 02, 15:34:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is the benefit of moving the dbc's to the package folder? I'm assuming installed this way, they show up with the custom content stars?  I'm really curious.

Unfortunately, they show without the custom stars. I rename my .dbc files so I know what's in them. Official store crap gets to be EAStorecrap(#).dbc and EAStoreWorlds.dbc. The game continuing to read them in DCCache with the rename was rather hit and miss, some would show, others would not, all were in the dbc. Unrelated to the previous issue I mentioned with the decrapifier where some seemed to not be installing. I have also read where EA seems to have messed up their own file system somewhere and users were getting slightly better loading times with their DCCache in mods, I haven't really tested that, as it wasn't my main objective. I can also have DCCache within my mods folder with DCfixes right next to it with my resource.cfg giving the fixes the higher priority. I suspect that placement has more to do with my OCD then anything.

Edit: Is the Spring of Youth supposed to have a water spurting animation? It's the one that came from a point bundle. It seems like it ought to have one, it's kinda meh otherwise.
« Last Edit: 2011 September 02, 18:23:19 by morriganrant » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: