More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:04:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152418 times)
dexio
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1400 on: 2011 August 08, 21:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have fixed may Spellbook?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: 2011 August 08, 22:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's incorporated into AM so you may not need it. If you don't use AM search moar, it's around here somewhere.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: 2011 August 09, 19:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need help regarding STBL entries in decrapped content. Ever since the "Haunted Gothic Library" set, decrapped store content has consistently failed to include the STBL strings for my localized game. Fortunately it's the only missing entry, because the 0x13 Spanish is available for the most part, and the user can copy this resource in order to create a new 0x14 STBL list, save as .package and add this "fix" to the Mods folder. Unfortunately, the process is tedious and prone to user error.

Is this missing STBL a decrappifying process problem or is this failure already present in the original, untouched files? Is there a batch STBL copy/replace program available somewhere?
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: 2011 August 09, 23:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about content installed before EA's launcher update. I read that decrapifying saved games gets installed store stuff showing up again. I had the old storybook, tiki, ultra lounge sets and other stuff before the update that still don't show up after decrapifying the saved games. Any help on that?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: 2011 August 10, 03:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question about content installed before EA's launcher update. I read that decrapifying saved games gets installed store stuff showing up again. I had the old storybook, tiki, ultra lounge sets and other stuff before the update that still don't show up after decrapifying the saved games. Any help on that?

Were the items you used in those saves decrapified or downloaded straight from the EAstore? If the items you used were decrapified then decrapifing your saves won't do anything for you in those regards, if they were straight from the store items and you then remove those store items in favor of installing decrapified store items, you would need to decrapify the saves as well so that the objects in the saves and the objects you have match.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: 2011 August 10, 10:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sets from before EA's launcher update which aren't decrapify'ed, they used to be installed normally. So after the update I just NOW learned how to install new store items properly by decrapifying. So decrapifying the saved games won't get those items back? I have to uninstall them from the "Installed items" tab in the launcher and then reinstall decrapify'ed sets and then finally decrapify the saved games?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: 2011 August 10, 16:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have sets from before EA's launcher update which aren't decrapify'ed, they used to be installed normally. So after the update I just NOW learned how to install new store items properly by decrapifying. So decrapifying the saved games won't get those items back? I have to uninstall them from the "Installed items" tab in the launcher and then reinstall decrapify'ed sets and then finally decrapify the saved games?
Decrapifing the saves should bring the items back in your save game(so long as you didn't save with the objects gone) but only after you've also installed the decrapified versions of those missing sets. If your .dbc file created by the launcher has nothing but EAstore objects in it, you might be able to just decrapify that instead of uninstalling the .sims3packs and then decrapifing them. If there is other 3rd party CC in the .dbc, then you may just break the 3rd party objects. So yes, either install the decrapified sims3packs, or decrapify the .dbc, then decrapify the saves and you should get them back.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: 2011 August 11, 18:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of decrapifying objects, how do you upload undecrapified stuff? I mean you have to decrapify the store items and all your save files so how do you make sure you don't share decrapified content? I know you can just keep a copy of the untouched store items but if I make a lot in-game doesn't that mean it's decrapified by default?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: 2011 August 11, 21:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of decrapifying objects, how do you upload undecrapified stuff?

If you do upload a lot with decrapified objects, the game will replace them with equivalent objects unless the downloader has the exact same decrapified files.  Even if the downloader possesses the unARRed content, it won't show up properly because the game treats decrapified content like a brand new object.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: 2011 August 12, 08:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh bugger! Do the replacement objects retain the colours and patterns, or do they revert to their defaults?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: 2011 August 12, 15:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's been a while since I've done it, but I think it reverts to defaults.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: 2011 August 13, 01:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So just to make this really clear to me, if I upload a house containing my decrapified objects, anyone downloading it will see only default objects? Or will they have a possible second copy of one of their objects?

SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: 2011 August 13, 01:39:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you upload a house with decrapified objects they will be replaced by random defaults (random bed, random fireplace, etc) from the base game; sometimes they even overlap or appear on weird places floating on the lot. Not a pleasant scene at all. And they definitely revert to default colors and patterns.

That happens all the time, even with my own old saves, I prefer using non-decrapified files whenever possible.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: 2011 August 13, 02:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So why, in all this time of downloading my lots, has no-one ever mentioned this?

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: 2011 August 13, 02:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand it correctly, it should show up if the downloader has the same decrapified content installed in his or her own game.  As long as they used the same method you used to get the content in their game, it should show up.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: 2011 August 13, 03:08:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So pirates should be all right. Excellent.

kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: 2011 August 14, 05:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious does anyone have the Generation Registration Gifts in package form?
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: 2011 August 15, 03:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude,

Extract the (sims3) files, use the Multi-pack installer to unload the files, use the S3RC to decrapify and cut/paste into your mods folder. Easy, peasy.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: 2011 August 15, 21:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude,

Extract the (sims3) files, use the Multi-pack installer to unload the files, use the S3RC to decrapify and cut/paste into your mods folder. Easy, peasy.

Except not everyone can do this: Mac players, for example.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: 2011 August 16, 00:06:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude,

Except not everyone can do this: Mac players, for example.

I know.  And I laugh every time.  >:3

MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: 2011 August 16, 01:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity: any specific reason why the suggestion is to "decrapify", when to "compressorize" (via s3rc without decrapifying) the sims3packs would be enough to generate (via Multi-pack installer) packages that can be merged/manipulated/etc?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: 2011 August 16, 09:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of curiosity: any specific reason why the suggestion is to "decrapify", when to "compressorize" (via s3rc without decrapifying) the sims3packs would be enough to generate (via Multi-pack installer) packages that can be merged/manipulated/etc?

Because that's a general misconception. Yes compressorizing them is enough.
Heli
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: 2011 August 16, 11:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, is not enough. You do not need decrapify the packs that YOU downloaded from Store. For that is enough to compressorize.
« Last Edit: 2011 August 16, 11:40:12 by Heli » Logged
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: 2011 August 16, 20:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, is not enough. You do not need decrapify the packs that YOU downloaded from Store. For that is enough to compressorize.
Sorry, that is not accurate. I tested Sims3packs posted by members of this forum. So far, all 2011 and 4 months of 2010. Compressorizing and extracting is enough to generate packages that can be edited. The additional advantage, for people that download lots (i.e. from MTS) with Store objects, is that the objects show up, when using the relative post-only-compression-extraction package.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: 2011 August 16, 21:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado took a look at the lot issue and updated s3rc.exe. You can now decrapify downloaded lots and have the objects show up.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: