More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:09:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152006 times)
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1375 on: 2011 July 29, 18:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true. Town Life does ask for CD.

It asks for a CD if you don't crack it, or if you don't use a no cd mod like twallan's or awesomemod. Other than that yes it asks for a CD.
notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: 2011 July 29, 18:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh, I know. The OP was saying it doesn't ask for CD because EA had forgotten the security stuff.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: 2011 July 29, 18:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh, I know. The OP was saying it doesn't ask for CD because EA had forgotten the security stuff.

This is why there's a quote button, I thought you were talking to me, cause after all, it's all aboot me. Carry on, we're on the same page.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
SoulGrinder
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: 2011 July 29, 21:47:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Well mine doesn't ask for the CD. That's why I thought perhaps EA had forgotten the SecureRom protection on this SP.

KT: Does yours also seem to be free of the ask for CD dialogue, without doing anything special to bypass it? ( ALSO, I am fully aware that I could use AwesomeMod or Twallan's No CD mod to have bypassed it without resorting to Alcohol120 and mini images, etc.. But, I have it installed already to other games which share the same problem with SecureRom, and Safedisc, and I use the program to allow me to play ALL of the games that I have trouble with without requiring separate NO-CD's for them all individually. [Which need to be updated when new patches come out, etc.] A120 handles them all in one shot, and works great. But I believe I am getting away from my original points.

My copy of Town Life Stuff, DVD version purchased from Target, does not require anything to have it launch properly, start up the game normally, and not complain about the CD. Which I have, but as mentioned due to SecureRom, my computer does not NORMALLY recognize the disc without some type of intervention. ( My Alcohol120 method, or one of the No CD Mods).

So, I thought perhaps EA released it without the copy protection for some reason - either accident or whatever. If yours still asks for the Town Life CD, then I guess not all of them were released that way, or perhaps you are using the ISO version released by reloaded or one of the Majors, or I just got lucky for a change. For what it is worth, no ISO version will typically accept the CD without a crack - I'm sure you are aware of that.

Does anyone have an answer to the Primary question of my original post? Regarding the mods that are included in the June 2011 and July 2011 Panama Crew Store Stuff Packs. I am really curious to find out about that query. I know the PC Panama guys do better with questions in spanish, but my spanish is not strong enough to ak my question in sufficient detail.

SoulGrinder
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: 2011 July 29, 23:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have an answer to the Primary question of my original post?

There was a question in the WALL OF TEXT?  I'll have to go back sometime when I have an afternoon free and check it out.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: 2011 July 30, 06:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alcohol120 and mini images, etc.. But, I have it installed already to other games which share the same problem with SecureRom, and Safedisc, and I use the program to allow me to play ALL of the games that I have trouble with without requiring separate NO-CD's for them all individually. [Which need to be updated when new patches come out, etc.] A120 handles them all in one shot, and works great. But I believe I am getting away from my original points.

What the heck are you doing? One no-CD crack or awesomemod are sufficient for all the games.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: 2011 July 30, 17:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alcohol120 and mini images, etc.. But, I have it installed already to other games which share the same problem with SecureRom, and Safedisc, and I use the program to allow me to play ALL of the games that I have trouble with without requiring separate NO-CD's for them all individually. [Which need to be updated when new patches come out, etc.] A120 handles them all in one shot, and works great. But I believe I am getting away from my original points.

What the heck are you doing? One no-CD crack or awesomemod are sufficient for all the games.
I believe they are referring to games outside of the Sims-verse. Other games do exist you know. Unless they are referring to Sims 3 and it's expansions, if it is, it's very dense

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
SoulGrinder
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: 2011 July 30, 22:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe they are referring to games outside of the Sims-verse. Other games do exist you know. Unless they are referring to Sims 3 and it's expansions, if it is, it's very dense

Correct. I have Many games installed besides those of the Sims universe. (Mostly First Person Shooters and Real Time Strategy games)  I use the Alcohol120 program to launch the games that the anti piracy protection software causes trouble with.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: 2011 July 30, 22:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Correct. I have Many games installed besides those of the Sims universe. (Mostly First Person Shooters and Real Time Strategy games)  I use the Alcohol120 program to launch the games that the anti piracy protection software causes trouble with.

Well yea, mounting a disc image is seen as having the disc by your computer. On a totally unrelated note, I use cracked exe's on Dragon Age 1 & 2, both by EA as well, and those patches install just fine with them in place.

knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1384 on: 2011 August 01, 09:26:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is this in any set?  Huh

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:21368

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: 2011 August 01, 14:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's part of the free Toyota/Renault packs.
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: 2011 August 03, 08:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone figured out how to play with both store content and custom content?? I've searched everywhere to get updates but it just made me even more confused. I haven't played for a long time so I'm really far behind on dealing with content all i know is that content i install through the launcher gets added to a dbc file in the DCCache folder. Has anyone found a way to get the game to install both custom content and store content?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: 2011 August 03, 09:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't install user-made CC as Sims3packs, then. It's kind of a bad idea. Anything installed as a Sims3pack gets turned into a giant jumbled blob. Period.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: 2011 August 03, 16:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found a way to get the game to install both custom content and store content?

I can't even wrap my head around this question.  How is this even a problem?  What horribly wrong method of installing cc have you been using?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: 2011 August 04, 06:13:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the poster was still using the sims 2 app that allowed users to drag cc onto the 'lawn'.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: 2011 August 04, 22:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the poster was still using the sims 2 app that allowed users to drag cc onto the 'lawn'.
Sure, whatever makes you feel better.
Actually, I just haven't played for a long time and just installed everything from outdoor living to generations. And EA borked the launcher, which was the only way I knew how to install things, so that store content from here doesn't install. May I ask what everyone is doing nowadays to get both non-store CC and store content? It's pretty hard to find an answer since all 56 pages of posts on this thread are made by people who know exactly what they're asking about, and expect a specific answer for their questions and I don't. Help would be appreciated please and thank you.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: 2011 August 04, 22:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the launcher for store CC, instructions are in or around the first post. Everything else use packages, framework is in the armory. Patterns and worlds are ok as sims3packs and sims should always be .sim files, never sims3packs. Don't fuck it up.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: 2011 August 04, 22:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files
and that: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.msg534084.html#msg534084
« Last Edit: 2011 August 04, 22:34:16 by Painkiller » Logged
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1393 on: 2011 August 06, 19:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just need confirmation on this so I just have to ask regardless of the backlash...

Moryrie, or anyone who has her files who can answer this for me, are the only items missing from her stuff the free and sponsored content? I hate sponsored content but I want plenty of the free shit. That's fine, I can get it myself. I just want to make sure I only have to drive myself and my OCD crazy while snatching only free content.

LL&P
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: 2011 August 07, 00:05:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do an advanced search for just Moryrie's posts on this thread. She tells you what all she does and doesn't include in her package files, which is mostly everything: store, free, and sponsored unless it's borked or she thinks it's lame.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
dominno
Blathering Buffoon

n00b Queen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1395 on: 2011 August 07, 02:05:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering what kind of things were lame though. I might be into lame stuff. Not sponsored that's for sure. That aside though who knows, which is why I was wondering. Guess I'll download it anyway. If it is brok-free, can't ask for anything better.

LL&P
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1396 on: 2011 August 07, 09:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you search through her posts, she mentions the stuff excluded as well. If there's something I want, I'll just convert it myself, otherwise I have so much love for her bundles.

Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: 2011 August 07, 13:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering what kind of things were lame though. I might be into lame stuff. Not sponsored that's for sure. That aside though who knows, which is why I was wondering. Guess I'll download it anyway. If it is brok-free, can't ask for anything better.

Do an advanced search for just Moryrie's posts on this thread. She tells you what all she does and doesn't include in her package files, which is mostly everything: store, free, and sponsored unless it's borked or she thinks it's lame.

You must have third-grade reading comprehension. Hope this helps!

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: 2011 August 07, 15:00:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^I believe you missed something, eeyore.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: 2011 August 07, 20:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are quite correct. The search should be done on the downloads thread rather than this thread.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: