More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 10:39:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2163721 times)
Panama_Crew
Asinine Airhead

.package factory co.

View Profile WWW
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1350 on: 2011 July 11, 18:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

July 2011 .package

July Compilation
Gothique Library
Dr pepper set("alice wonderland")
generations rewards update(working phone....)

http://lix.in/-a24472

All of My .Packages(updated and protected..)

http://pastebin.com/Smw8RD1m

Can you please, make a good package or a decrapify simspack wit only the book of spells ? I know you can, but want you make it? The package found on the thread for download don't work well, and the simspack unmodified even I decrapifyed don't work in game. Maybe I don't know how to make it. Sorry for my poor english... Anticipate thanks.

Serius "Hardcore" Gamer ^^:http://recursos.fotocajon.com/fotos/unregistered/4cf/e18/user_size_329050.jpg
Everything in this world is a dlc(EA Game$)
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: 2011 July 11, 22:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a fix in AM for the phone? I haven't heard about this yet. Is there a fix for the phone at all? The one in my game has the receiver now, but I haven't tried using it. And wasn't the counter problem fixed with the recompressorizer? Or is that only for sims3packs?
The misunderstanding about AM containing a fix for the phone could be due to Pescado's post here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,20468.msg575784.html#msg575784 where he talks about the integrated fix for the spellbook.

Anyway, I too thought that maybe it worked for Anach because of him using AM, I'm not playing with AM Since GEN was released and decrapifying the phone causes the big 'Missing resources' box. The only way I got the phone to fully work was to extract it to a non decrapifyied package. I passed the file Anach linked on the s3rc.exe (don't use decrap.exe!). Then extracted the package with Delphy's package extractor and voila, working phone package. This installation works perfectly: the menu appears when clicking on it and the phone receiver appears correctly when sims use it, no more big box.
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

ENTP - Provider of graveside services

View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: 2011 July 12, 00:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only way I got the phone to fully work was to extract it to a non decrapifyied package. I passed the file Anach linked on the s3rc.exe (don't use decrap.exe!). Then extracted the package with Delphy's package extractor and voila, working phone package. This installation works perfectly: the menu appears when clicking on it and the phone receiver appears correctly when sims use it, no more big box.
Same here. So far, merely compressing with s3rc (without the decrapify option) and extracting the packages with Delphy's tool, I didn't have problems with the phone, the spell book etc. Furthermore, I downloaded several lots to test and the store items on those show as expected.  What I would like to understand is why someone that uses only packages, not the Launcher, would decrapify the original Sims3pack.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: 2011 July 12, 01:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I would like to understand is why someone that uses only packages, not the Launcher, would decrapify the original Sims3pack.

If I remember correctly, it's been a while since I've used packages, my game wouldn't load or take a really long time to, if I used non decrapped packages.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: 2011 July 12, 01:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I remember correctly, it's been a while since I've used packages, my game wouldn't load or take a really long time to, if I used non decrapped packages.
Can you give me some insight on your specs? My home desktop is a beast with an i7-970, 24GB of RAM, 256GB SSD as primary HD. But I play on an old HP EliteBook 8530p, Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53 GHz, without any issue.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -- Robert A. Heinlein
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: 2011 July 12, 02:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you give me some insight on your specs? My home desktop is a beast with an i7-970, 24GB of RAM, 256GB SSD as primary HD. But I play on an old HP EliteBook 8530p, Core 2 Duo P8700 2.53 GHz, without any issue.

This was on a different pc than the one I have now so really couldn't say.  I may just be remembering incorrectly, or not. I prefer the sims3packs anyway.

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: 2011 July 12, 02:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the issue is more that forcing a package out of a crappified sims3pack will result in a file that is basically unreadable to the game.  You get similar lag if you insert a TS2 package into your Packages folder.  I get horrendous lag too in these situations, even with my i7 Q820, so it's not really a matter of computer specs.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
MegAnne
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: 2011 July 12, 02:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the issue is more that forcing a package out of a crappified sims3pack will result in a file that is basically unreadable to the game.  You get similar lag if you insert a TS2 package into your Packages folder.  I get horrendous lag too in these situations, even with my i7 Q820, so it's not really a matter of computer specs.
That is not what I experienced so far. No lag. And I know better, or at least Delphy's Dashboard knows better, than leaving TS2 packages or other conflicting packages in the game. I can view/modify/merge packages out of a "compressorized" Sims3pack using S3pe. Why should a package out of a "compressorized" Sims3pack be unreadable  to the game?
Just to clarify, I'm not trying to change anybody's method. Just trying to understand if there is any reason to change mine since it works. By the way: "Vade retro Launcher" still applies.

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: 2011 July 12, 03:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a fix in AM for the phone? I haven't heard about this yet. Is there a fix for the phone at all? The one in my game has the receiver now, but I haven't tried using it. And wasn't the counter problem fixed with the recompressorizer? Or is that only for sims3packs?
The misunderstanding about AM containing a fix for the phone could be due to Pescado's post here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,20468.msg575784.html#msg575784 where he talks about the integrated fix for the spellbook.

Anyway, I too thought that maybe it worked for Anach because of him using AM, I'm not playing with AM Since GEN was released and decrapifying the phone causes the big 'Missing resources' box. The only way I got the phone to fully work was to extract it to a non decrapifyied package. I passed the file Anach linked on the s3rc.exe (don't use decrap.exe!). Then extracted the package with Delphy's package extractor and voila, working phone package. This installation works perfectly: the menu appears when clicking on it and the phone receiver appears correctly when sims use it, no more big box.

Thanks for the advice, it worked. The funny thing is that now the sims3pack phone works too, when I have the package one installed with it.

Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: 2011 July 12, 10:22:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the advice, it worked. The funny thing is that now the sims3pack phone works too, when I have the package one installed with it.
And wasn't the counter problem fixed with the recompressorizer? Or is that only for sims3packs?
Yes, apparently packages overrides stuff installed with launcher. What is even more funny is that it also works the other way around: counters will only work correctly in decrapified sims3pack but you can install the whole set in package format then install the counters alone in the launcher. If both files are decrapified they won't appear as doubles in the catalog. This method is only useful for those who want to use packages of course, I don't like the launcher and rather turn everything I can in packages. Packages also lets you edit stuff, it's specially useful for correcting hairs, clothes and shoes categories and randomness.

As to why decrapify packages, IIRC only half of the store stuff was appearing in my game when transformed in packages. I didn't have much choice.
Clara
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: 2011 July 12, 15:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also edit decrapified content installed through the launcher by opening up the DCCache DBC files with s3pe. It's only non-decrapified store content in EBC files that can't be edited directly. I also do this to get rid of the over-large thumbnails for decrapified content so the game generates new ones.
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: 2011 July 13, 15:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creating a .package file from a non-decrappified but compressorized .sims3pack puts a clone of the original in the catalog, and both work. However, the animation is incongruent with the phone device itself because the sim presses buttons on the receiver as if it were a regular cordless phone, when it should dial them on the base of the device instead. Does anyone have the correct animation working?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: 2011 July 13, 17:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creating a .package file from a non-decrappified but compressorized .sims3pack puts a clone of the original in the catalog, and both work. However, the animation is incongruent with the phone device itself because the sim presses buttons on the receiver as if it were a regular cordless phone, when it should dial them on the base of the device instead. Does anyone have the correct animation working?

You actually think Eaxis would have made a custom animation for this? Don't hold your breathe.

SoulGrinder
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: 2011 July 20, 05:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

** Put's on Nomex Fireproof Clothing**

I am recently migrating from a collection of "Store Packs" I got in several Bit Torrents, that I received no info about other than the dates (May 2010 Update), etc. Thus, I do not know if they have been de-crappified or whatever. Most Are packages, with the exception of a few, and those simpacks installed fine.

However, I discovered this section of the forum, while investigating the Awesome Mod. I was impressed by what I saw, and realized incorporating a Bunch of packages I know next to nothing about could cause serious problems for my game. Although Sims 3 front-end from MTS, or something like that, indicated no conflicts.

I, for clarity, should point out that I also have quite a bit of store content that I purchased, and I am concerned that the store collection packages will conflict with the items I have purchased and installed already.

So, now comes the question portion of this post - now that I have explained the situation more or less.

I spent the morning and downloaded 2 different Sets of Store Item Collections - The Panama Crew's and Moyrie's (Spelling). I obviously would like the set I go with to be complete as possible, etc. The PCP collection sounds like it has everything, and is setup in a similar way to what I have already. But, Moyrie's sounds like she has gone though and fixed some things like certain clothing and hair that were having issues, and is broken into larger but more organized chunks.

So, my question to those of you who have not fallen asleep at the keyboard due to the length of my post, is which collection should I choose? ( Yeah I know - but I was hoping maybe some of you have experience with one or the other and had a opinion about them based on it) Shortyboo, for example , I know uses packages for her store content, which do you use? I think you get the idea on this point.

Secondly, since I will be removing my old package files from my mods/packages folder and replacing them, do I need to delete any index files or what have you? I know that I had a lot of duplicate items and thumbnails in buy mode using the packages I have and my own purchased content.

Lastly, and I know I have already brought it up, will my purchased content like Barnacle Bay, Ultralounge Compilation, Mediterranean Set, etc. cause complications if the items are also in package form? (Thus effectively installed twice)

Spork away, Call me a "no searching" butthead, or whatever works around here. But for what it is worth I have read well over 250 pages of search results and other posts on this forum, and spent the entire day trying to register to post, being constantly denied and called a Bran muffin, all because I use Gmail - which implies I am a spammer (Obviously), and truly need to know the answers to my inquiries. Since two of the sources of my new content post here and discussing pirating EA store content is probably not going to be well received anywhere else, I decided to face to flames and hope for a reply that answers my questions.

Thank you for the content and for taking the time to read and hopefully reply,

SoulGrinder
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: 2011 July 20, 06:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lorelei, a challenger appears!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: 2011 July 20, 09:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The extra objects you get for registering Ambitions are missing their animations again. I still have 40_ProdReg.package installed, but it is no longer working to correct the issue with the crafted items from the Inventor's table actually having animations.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
melfiles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: 2011 July 20, 15:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SoulGrinder.....

I uses Moryrie's pkgs... not that one is better than the other, just less to keep track of in my folder of CC and I prefer her organization. I uninstalled my downloaded CC from the store when I installed the pkg files so I can't speak of conflicts. What I do have doesn't interfere. Barnacle Bay should be fine. I drop the files in my game folder and run it. I have no issues. I believe, in a post from here way back, it was stated her content would overwrite matching files and I don't have doubles show up in my game.

I hope this help. Good luck and enjoy.
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: 2011 July 26, 15:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question on Barnacle Bay: As far as I know it got released in the store, then it got an update? After that they sold it as a stuff pack type item? It may have been updated after that once again? What's the deal with Barnacle Bay?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: 2011 July 26, 16:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The updated BB is the one they sold on disc. The "update" was two sets of stairs.

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: 2011 July 26, 16:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two sets of stairs?! Then again why am I surprised? They've been ripping people off since the first Stuff packs. I'm grateful for the clarification.

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: 2011 July 27, 14:46:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a link to the LN pre-order bonus venues from gamestop? I keep looking in the downloads only thread and i can't find them... Or no one has provided it? I only found a red carpet set and a retail set but i have no idea what they include. Google is not helping

There was only those two sets, so you're good to go.

Where can I get this male hair please ?
SoulGrinder
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: 2011 July 28, 23:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone who is using the Panama Crew's June and July Store Content sets, PLEASE explain to me why they both include Mods in the package files?

They seem to work fine, except for a REALLY strange event last night, but when I start the game up, a pop up screen informs me I have several Mods installed or loading ( I forget which it says exactly), and I must choose ok or close. Two I load intentionally, to suit my play style. The other two I have no idea what they are or what they are doing in the packages.

A little guesswork, hinted that one might have something to do with the magic spellbook thing from the Gothic Library (Which I purchased myself anyways). I thought because it most likely alters events in game beyond the typical scope of things, it may be viewed as a mod, by the games warning system (For lack of better words).

But I can't think of anything in the July pack that would.

If someone from PCPanamaCrew could clarify I would be very grateful. I decided to try out your store set packages, since someone had already tried out Moryrie's sets. (Spelling?). So far they seem to be working very well, and they don't seem to have any conflicts with stuff I already bought from the store - Except double listings in the buy mode screen. But that is a minor inconvenience for all the benefits. So Congrats and Thanks PCPanamaCrew!

Now let's get this thing with the mods sorted out. Anyone else notice this by the way? I can't be the only one using these sets of Store Items, Can I?  Are package files really that much trouble, compared to sim3packs? Installing package files certainly is EASIER.

I'll try and search MOAR too, but I think this may be a new finding.

Ps. Speaking of new discoveries. Try this on for size. Due to EA's SecureROM anti piracy wrapper, I have never been able to play my game without using a viirtual device like Alcohol120 and a mini-image (Generation in this case). I have The Deluxe edition of TS3 and all the expansion /Stuff packs. When the patch came the other night I was a bit worried, but it installed flawlessly and since Generation was still the latest game version, my Alcohol120/mini image combo worked just fine. However, I bought Town Life when it came out , and was reluctant to install it, because a mini image had not been created for it yet, and I was not familiar with the Awesomemod's or Twallans No CD "Mods". But I took a chance and installed it anyways figuring I could get it too work with one of those, until my regular method of Alcohol120 and mini image was available again. Well to check things out, I started it up, and expected to see a "please insert correct disc" or whatever error message, but instead it just loaded up normally. I will leave it to the experts as to why, but I think they left off the SecureRom wrapper on this Stuff pack. (Maybe they do with all of them, I purchased the game late -as my questions probably blatantly indicate- and everything was installed at the same time - not slowly as new EP's and SP's were released) Anyways, if you have had trouble running the game with Generations, because of the anti piracy/copy protection EA uses, you may be able to run the game normally now if you install Townlife Stuff.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: 2011 July 28, 23:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ps. Speaking of new discoveries. Try this on for size. Due to EA's SecureROM anti piracy wrapper, I have never been able to play my game without using a viirtual device like Alcohol120 and a mini-image (Generation in this case). I have The Deluxe edition of TS3 and all the expansion /Stuff packs. When the patch came the other night I was a bit worried, but it installed flawlessly and since Generation was still the latest game version, my Alcohol120/mini image combo worked just fine. However, I bought Town Life when it came out , and was reluctant to install it, because a mini image had not been created for it yet, and I was not familiar with the Awesomemod's or Twallans No CD "Mods". But I took a chance and installed it anyways figuring I could get it too work with one of those, until my regular method of Alcohol120 and mini image was available again. Well to check things out, I started it up, and expected to see a "please insert correct disc" or whatever error message, but instead it just loaded up normally. I will leave it to the experts as to why, but I think they left off the SecureRom wrapper on this Stuff pack. (Maybe they do with all of them, I purchased the game late -as my questions probably blatantly indicate- and everything was installed at the same time - not slowly as new EP's and SP's were released) Anyways, if you have had trouble running the game with Generations, because of the anti piracy/copy protection EA uses, you may be able to run the game normally now if you install Townlife Stuff.

Derp? What the hell are you talking about? Install the games normally and use a no CD mod, either Awesomemod or Nraas, that's it. 

notyourbusiness
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: 2011 July 29, 17:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true. Town Life does ask for CD.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: 2011 July 29, 18:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not true. Town Life does ask for CD.

Really? Maybe I have a special copy then, cause mine doesn't.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: