More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 18:01:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2164027 times)
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1225 on: 2011 June 15, 22:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always download Delphy's CUSTARD tool and remove the items you don't want then save it out as a new sims3pack.

You lost her at "YOU."

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Fikcija
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: 2011 June 16, 15:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes buy each one  Wink

Well, that would be considerable, if I had money to waste, but no, I think I'd rather keep it for a better purpose.

You could always download Delphy's CUSTARD tool and remove the items you don't want then save it out as a new sims3pack.

Thanks!

I know I don't have an evil twin, because I'm the evil one.
roguered
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: 2011 June 16, 19:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone help me out with installing the store packs? I've read the instructions, done all the decrapifying, but still only about 20% of the files actually install - when I install them it says successful but if I quit the launcher and go back in again they have magically uninstalled themselves and the same happens everytime and they never show up in my game, except for the odd few (Jet Set clothing and the beach sets) I'm running version 6.5.1.011031 with Ambitions and Late Night if that makes a difference.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: 2011 June 16, 19:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone help me out with installing the store packs? I've read the instructions, done all the decrapifying, but still only about 20% of the files actually install - when I install them it says successful but if I quit the launcher and go back in again they have magically uninstalled themselves and the same happens everytime and they never show up in my game, except for the odd few (Jet Set clothing and the beach sets) I'm running version 6.5.1.011031 with Ambitions and Late Night if that makes a difference.

Are all your games patched up-to-date? Are you trying to install everything at once? Break them up into chunks. When I switched over from packages to sim3packs(store stuff only) I tried doing everything t once and about a third of the stuff didn't install, but when I did it in smaller increments it worked fine. Other than that there's the obligatory "you're doing it wrong."

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: 2011 June 17, 07:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me (and it probably is), but is anyone else having game-breaking issues with the Sharper Sim Foot Massage Chair that was released last month?

Is this part of a set? If so, which set?
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: 2011 June 17, 08:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's part of the Contemporary Comfort Living.
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1231 on: 2011 June 19, 00:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was referenced earlier in the thread that the game doesn't recognize Moryrie's store pack packages.

I'm running into a second problem because of this ever since I've updated- despite the store items being in my game, everything that uses store content in lots I've downloaded refuses to recognize them as those exact items. For example, the game no longer recognizes something like the Vorn sink *as* the Vorn sink from the store, so if a lot uses it, it'll just default to the base EA sink. However, the Vorn sink still shows up when I look for it- it's just shown as another custom package.

Content installed via expansion packs, as well as plain ol' custom content, works just fine.

Going to do more troubleshooting later, but is anyone else running into this problem? Even running a game with only a few hacks (like nointro and awesomemod) produces the same problem. Should I try decrapifying (which I want to avoid), or should I combine them into a dbc file? If I'm the only one with the problem, that'll narrow things down to a setup specifically on my computer.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: 2011 June 19, 03:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We just went over this the other day. Inorder for the cc to show up in downloaded lots you must use the same method the creator used to obtain said items, sims3packs or packages ; paid for or pirated. Or something close to that effect.

Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1233 on: 2011 June 19, 04:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh. Yeah, I found that thread earlier, but wasn't sure if it applied since nothing I have is decrapified, and I avoid the launcher like the plague. I wonder what EA did in the last update or so that changed this up; everything used to work just fine. I'll have to experiment some more to see how I can get things working again- maybe some way to have both sims3packs and packages versions installed.

Okay, adding onto this post. I'm having no luck on the package side of things. Tried a number of things, but it looks like store items just don't link up anymore.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 20, 07:31:03 by Matildarose » Logged
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: 2011 June 20, 14:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's part of the Contemporary Comfort Living.

Has this been posted? I can't find any of it in the download thread. I searched for "comfort" and "contemporary" but nada.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: 2011 June 20, 15:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The compilation file with all sets was posted.
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1236 on: 2011 June 26, 23:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent the day downloading a load of Store stuff from 4shared... I have all the EPs and stuff packs not including Generations, am patched up to date, and still am getting an error message on many of the Sims3Pack dls saying "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. Since I HAVE the latest updates and patches, what am I doing wrong?

Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: 2011 June 27, 01:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent the day downloading a load of Store stuff from 4shared... I have all the EPs and stuff packs not including Generations, am patched up to date, and still am getting an error message on many of the Sims3Pack dls saying "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. Since I HAVE the latest updates and patches, what am I doing wrong?
SEARCH MOAR.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
kece
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: 2011 June 27, 02:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you putting all the packs in at the same time.  If you are, this may be one reason, try separating them by bunches and install, also make sure that you have the correct mod package file installed.  There is a new post ambitions, this counteracts the old method. 
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: 2011 June 27, 03:32:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you putting all the packs in at the same time.  If you are, this may be one reason, try separating them by bunches and install, also make sure that you have the correct mod package file installed.  There is a new post ambitions, this counteracts the old method. 
I doubt this has anything to do with it.  The OP (so to speak) has forgotten to do something vital to her sims3packs.

Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: 2011 June 27, 03:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like decrapifying?
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: 2011 June 27, 11:55:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shhhh. You're spoiling the fun.
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: 2011 June 27, 15:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i've grown weary of the lack of game functionality knowledge of sims players at other boards (if i read "buy more RAM" as a solution one more time.....) so i'm gonna seek advice for my issue here.

I just downloaded picked up generations to give it a whirl after a long absence of playing this game. I  patched it up, updated my mods and threw out mods deaded via generation additions (body hairs, age length adjusters) grabbed all the .package store updates since i last played from the store thread and plopped in the latest test version of AM and got set to roll. Everything was peachy until i realized the latest store .packages and previous ones which had worked before arent appearing in game. When i first started up i got the message that 100 or so objects could not be found and were being removed, i paid it no mind since i never delete any of my store packages but now it has me wondering if EA has changed something or if there's a (new) known issue with installing .package sims store content.

Anyone have any idea what's up?
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: 2011 June 27, 17:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not had any issues with content going missing but I must admit that certain wall objects from two seperate sets cause my game to lock up if I attempt to read the catalogue description and view other preset options. If I drag them straight out of the catalogue they work fine. As it is I have actually uninstalled them with no intention of putting them back.
I believe one was a dragon and rabbit wall plaque thing from the Year of the Rabbit set and the other was the modern art wall deco item from the Mid Century set.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: 2011 June 27, 23:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I've grown weary of the lack of game functionality knowledge of sims players at other boards (if I read "buy more RAM" as a solution one more time.....) so I'm going to seek advice for my issue here.

I just downloaded picked up generations to give it a whirl after a long absence of playing this game. I  patched it up, updated my mods and threw out mods deaded by generation additions (body hairs, age length adjusters) grabbed all the .package store updates since I last played from the store thread and plopped in the latest test version of AM and got set to roll. Everything was peachy until I realized the latest store .packages and previous ones which had worked before aren't appearing in game. When I first started up I got the message that 100 or so objects could not be found and were being removed, I paid it no mind since I never delete any of my store packages but now it has me wondering if EA has changed something or if there's a (new) known issue with installing .package sims store content.

Anyone have any idea what's up?
SEARCH MOAR.  You wouldn't believe how often this is asked.  Also, "buy more RAM" is always good advice.  EWE ALWAYS NEEDS MOAR RAMS.

Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1245 on: 2011 June 29, 13:30:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bigpooh-

I wasn't aware the Sims 3 program *could* remove packages from the mod folder, but maybe I haven't encountered this due to using a combo of Custom Launcher (which places packages in a different spot) and the Awesomemod Updater. Was this in-game?

Edit: I was assuming you already saw this, but just in case: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html. If this solves your problems, chalk it up to a case of not enough searchmoar and testing things out. It happens. If I had a penny for every time I troubleshooted just by using the search button here, I guess I'd have enough for Taco Bell. I don't even like Taco Bell.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 29, 14:09:04 by Matildarose » Logged
bigpooh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: 2011 June 29, 15:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bigpooh-

I wasn't aware the Sims 3 program *could* remove packages from the mod folder, but maybe I haven't encountered this due to using a combo of Custom Launcher (which places packages in a different spot) and the Awesomemod Updater. Was this in-game?

Edit: I was assuming you already saw this, but just in case: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html. If this solves your problems, chalk it up to a case of not enough searchmoar and testing things out. It happens. If I had a penny for every time I troubleshooted just by using the search button here, I guess I'd have enough for Taco Bell. I don't even like Taco Bell.

Oh, my framework is fine. All my mods work. It's just some old .package store content and all the new stuff went missing/won't appear. I play the game really infrequently (I feel like I'm waiting for it to catch up, content wise, to the sims 2 before I can get really hooked) and some issue store items always seems to come about when I hop back in it.

And yes it was in game. It removed the items from my hood when I loaded my save up, it didn't remove them from the mod folder or anything like that since that's not possible.  Anyways this weekend I'll do some general troubleshooting and search moar etc etc..... (I only ask for help when my job doesn't permit me the time to pick apart a video game  Roll Eyes )

kudos
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1247 on: 2011 June 29, 16:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my framework is fine. All my mods work. It's just some old .package store content and all the new stuff went missing/won't appear. I play the game really infrequently (I feel like I'm waiting for it to catch up, content wise, to the sims 2 before I can get really hooked) and some issue store items always seems to come about when I hop back in it.

And yes it was in game. It removed the items from my hood when I loaded my save up, it didn't remove them from the mod folder or anything like that since that's not possible.  Anyways this weekend I'll do some general troubleshooting and search moar etc etc..... (I only ask for help when my job doesn't permit me the time to pick apart a video game  Roll Eyes )

kudos

No problem. As for the Sims 3 taking out files, now I understand what you mean. If it's all store content, maybe try Moryrie's compiled package sets in the store downloads thread and compare how the game works with them versus what files you have now? I use those, myself, and they show up in game, even if they don't show up in newer lots. This is a problem that has nothing to do with Moryrie's files, however- I'm still testing out different versions when I have time. I can definitely understand the whole 'god, I don't have time for this shit' thing.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 29, 17:02:58 by Matildarose » Logged
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 2011 June 29, 20:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would anyone happen to have any of the store set cabinets as single sims3packs? Not the double sided ones just the regular ones. I've already got the Ultra Lounge and Story Book ones , I need the future shock, bayside and Frontier Finds ones. I'm working on making shorter versions for over the fridge/stove and I 'd like to do all of them. Just thought I'd ask before digging around in the full sets.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 2011 June 30, 19:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a new item at the store for 500 points. Supposedly, it's not just decorative, but I don't think anyone knows what it actually does yet.

http://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:37838&categoryId=&scategoryId=13062&pcategoryId=&ppcategoryId=&gender=female&startAt=0
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: