More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:21:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152095 times)
AlbinoBambi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #1000 on: 2011 February 08, 18:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for "missing" sims, no clue. I've seen plenty of black-skinned sims, and some that will cause a CTD when you try to actually load them, but none that are simply not there in the CAS screen.
Exactly. I've never seen this before and couldn't find any info on it, which is why I came here. I'm afraid it's a lost cause though. The only possible solution I can think of is putting them in the fully-patched game I have installed on my desktop (as opposed to the one on my laptop, which is the game that I want these sims in), package them as a household instead of as .sim files, and see if that'll make them function correctly. According to some people that works for sims that aren't showing up in CAS at all, so maybe it'll work for this issue as well. So that's my plan for the moment.

Have you checked the other ages. Perhaps your downloaded Sims are either teens or full adults.
Like I said "They're in my premade bin, but when I select them, they don't show.". Which means the issue isn't that I can't find them, but that there is no actual sim showing up when I select them. There's just the regular CAS, but without a sim being present. Thanks for the tip though, while searching I saw loads of people who didn't know this, so it's certainly helpful information.

^Well right off the bat you need to fully patch your game, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. That is IF you want any type of actual help. I would doubt it has anything to do with missing EPs/SPs since the sliders are in the patc...oh, wait. See where this is going?
I completely see where it is going, yet I'm not going to patch my game atm. I'd rather not have these sims in my game than risk the playability-level that my game has atm. I will eventually patch, but at this moment I care more about my game functioning the way it is now, then about having 2 extra sliders and 3 custom sims in. I'm asking for any ideas on how to make these sims show up without patching, so the advice to patch doesn't really help me. I know that doing that will most likely fix the issue, but as I have explained I do not wish to patch my game at this moment.
If this means that people are unwilling to help me, then so be it. In that case I'll try to solve it on my own, and if that fails I'll have to play without these sims in my game.

However, if people are still willing to give me some advice, I'll gladly listen to it.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: 2011 February 08, 18:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So just for reference sake, whens the last time you patched? Could your problem be really bad CC? Are these sims packed with non game clothing? Try running it through custard, see what comes up. Maybe try deleting any CC from the package.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
AlbinoBambi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 2011 February 12, 18:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So just for reference sake, whens the last time you patched? Could your problem be really bad CC? Are these sims packed with non game clothing? Try running it through custard, see what comes up. Maybe try deleting any CC from the package.

My game is currently at patch 4.3.4. I'm using .sim files to install them, so I can't run the files trough custard. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'd certainly use it if I could.
About the bad CC, that could be the issue, theoretically. I do have quite a bit of CC, but I have no glitches or problems besides these 3 sims not showing up.
BeMeanToMeIfYouHaveALittleDick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 2011 February 21, 22:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. For some reason, Futureshock, Glitter and Glam, and now Gothique won't install. The first two tell me to update my game (it is) and Gothique will download and it says it's installed but it's not showing up in game.

I have Late Night and High End Loft.

I looked on the Sims3 website and didn't see anything about those sets being for a certain EP.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2011 February 21, 22:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi. For some reason, Futureshock, Glitter and Glam, and now Gothique won't install. The first two tell me to update my game (it is) and Gothique will download and it says it's installed but it's not showing up in game.

I have Late Night and High End Loft.

I looked on the Sims3 website and didn't see anything about those sets being for a certain EP.

Your sims hate you because you DON'T KNOW HOW TO SEARCH FOR INFORMATIONS.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: 2011 February 21, 22:53:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I googled and didn't get much help, so I came here.

Would you care to help me or is this thread "POST YOUR QUESTIONS AND TECH HELP HERE" just BS?

PS, it's funny how you reamed a 12 yr old out for not using his shift key, but you cant seem to get yours off.  Tongue
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2011 February 21, 22:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I googled and didn't get much help, so I came here.

Would you care to help me or is this thread "POST YOUR QUESTIONS AND TECH HELP HERE" just BS?

PS, it's funny how you reamed a 12 yr old out for not using his shift key, but you cant seem to get yours off.  Tongue
It's called FUCK YEAH CAPS LOCK, tard.

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2011 February 21, 23:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tard? Are we 12?  You can do better than that....

But really.. I googled "sims 3 glitter and glam not installing" and nothing.

I searched here for "sets not installing" and didn't see anything that helped.

I didnt register here to get into a pissing contest with the forum goons. I just need help.

Now, can someone please point me to a thread?
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 2011 February 21, 23:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt register here to get into a pissing contest with the forum goons. I just need help.
Now, can someone please point me to a thread?
No, you entitled little snowflake, we won't.  Learn how to SEARCH.

Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2011 February 21, 23:21:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why so angry? You're going to give yourself hemmroids being this anal. Relax! This is a GAME.

I googled and did a search on TS3's website, and haven't found anything helpful.

I did a search a few minutes ago and found a post about de-crapifying things you download. I dont know how to do that.

I did everything you told me and I'm still lost. Dont make me beg, oh mighty one.  Kiss
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2011 February 21, 23:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt register here to get into a pissing contest with the forum goons.

Too bad. RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

I did a search a few minutes ago and found a post about de-crapifying things you download. I dont know how to do that.

You could always try searching MOAR, you know.

Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2011 February 21, 23:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the advice from last year going to work? This effing game updates so much.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,18408.0.html

I'm going to take the advice in that thread above and hope it works. If not, this retarded snowflake will be back.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 2011 February 21, 23:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to take the advice in that thread above and hope it works. If not, this retarded snowflake will be back.

And if it once again persists in asking questions that have been answered ad nauseum on this very forum, it will receive much the same response.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2011 February 21, 23:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's been asked THIS MUCH why not post a sticky thread instead of calling people retarded?

Its obviously a common issue.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2011 February 21, 23:50:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's been asked THIS MUCH why not post a sticky thread instead of calling people retarded?

Because I shouldn't be inconvenienced because you're too lazy and/or stupid to use the forum's "Search" function correctly.  If someone asks a question that I KNOW has already been answered on this forum, then they obviously don't respect MY time enough to do a basic search, so why should I respect in return?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2011 February 21, 23:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's more fun to call people retarded than to have a sticky thread.

Don't you read TV Tropes?

Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2011 February 22, 00:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I shouldn't be inconvenienced because you're too lazy and/or stupid to use the forum's "Search" function correctly.  If someone asks a question that I KNOW has already been answered on this forum, then they obviously don't respect MY time enough to do a basic search, so why should I respect in return?

But it's not inconvienent to reply several times to call me stupid and lazy. Why don't you just admit that you get off on being a jerk? It's ok I won't tell anybody.

I've been using search functions since your soul was up in your father's nutsack.
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2011 February 22, 00:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I shouldn't be inconvenienced because you're too lazy and/or stupid to use the forum's "Search" function correctly.  If someone asks a question that I KNOW has already been answered on this forum, then they obviously don't respect MY time enough to do a basic search, so why should I respect in return?

But it's not inconvienent to reply several times to call me stupid and lazy. Why don't you just admit that you get off on being a jerk? It's ok I won't tell anybody.
I've been using search functions since your soul was up in your father's nutsack.
Oh, shut up already, will you?  I can't hear my Bach over your whining.
« Last Edit: 2011 February 22, 00:13:17 by jeebuschrist » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2011 February 22, 00:07:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's my absolute pleasure -- nay, duty -- to point out your laziness and stupidity to you.

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2011 February 22, 00:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This would almost qualify as insight if it wasn't patently clear that YES: WE DO ENJOY BEING JERKS.

Next on NOOB-O-VISION: My golly, that Garfield character certainly is hungry.

Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: 2011 February 22, 00:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to clean my sims3 pack files. Thats the ONLY answer I could find.

Surely one of you could just verify this as being the ONLY thing I need to do.

Bach is good suicide music.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2011 February 22, 00:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, one of us may or may not be able to confirm or deny this statement, but what fun would that be?

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 2011 February 22, 00:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to clean my sims3 pack files. Thats the ONLY answer I could find.

Surely one of you could just verify this as being the ONLY thing I need to do.

Here's a crazy idea. Let me just propose a thing for you. How about you: clean your sims3pack files, and then put them in your game, and then see if it works? I think you might be able to answer your own question. Well, not "you" specifically, just the general idea of "you," as a narrative device we use when we address a generic person who we don't already understand to be an imbecile.

Rufio will now explain which specific "you" I was talking about.

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 2011 February 22, 00:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KEYBOARD CAT!  PLAY RUFIO ON!

TinyBear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 2011 February 22, 06:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting to see why you guys have given up on helping n00bs. Besides isn't there a stickied thread of decrapifying? Nooooooot to mention if your not decraping (which I realize is a personal life choice) then that's probably why your shit isn't working.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: