More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:21:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here  (Read 2152370 times)
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: The TS3 Store: post your questions, updates, and tech help here
« Reply #950 on: 2011 February 03, 18:55:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the whole set (sci-fi kitchen) but its in individual pieces and I know most people want just the 1 simpack file not 15 individual files
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #951 on: 2011 February 03, 18:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some people find the individual counters useful at least.

Beggars can't be choosers anyway.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Tomislaw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: 2011 February 03, 19:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^Could you tell us which items you received? I'm not at my sims computer at the moment, but I probably have just enough points to pick up the other items and can post them when I get home in a couple hours.

I downloaded it + put into Downloads folder + run Launcher + I see this description: Jazz Age Living Room + Jazz Age Wear

So, it's combinatination of Jazz Age Set + Jazz Age Living Room.

I hope that I helped with this. Smiley
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: 2011 February 03, 19:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^I was talking about the futuristic set they said they were gifted most of the individual pieces of.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: 2011 February 03, 19:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that's sad. The store's down, so I can't see how crappy the new stuff is.

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: 2011 February 04, 03:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Jazz Age stuff is really nice, but man, that's one ugly-ass kitchen.  It looks like something Parsimonious would come up with after taking a hit of acid.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: 2011 February 04, 06:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Jazz Age stuff is really nice, but man, that's one ugly-ass kitchen.  It looks like something Parsimonious would come up with after taking a hit of acid.

If it had toilets we could finally know where people pooped on "Star Trek."

Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: 2011 February 04, 10:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never thought I'd ever agree with you, but, alas, the moment has come.
Binkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: 2011 February 04, 13:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, Spockblock was right. Now you have a new pet and we expect you to keep it fed, watered and to clean up after it. Congratulations

As long as they wont follow me around the house like a little lost sheep and that they must be house trained. Cheesy

Binkles,did you try seeing if it turned up when you played your game?   Going by your post I doubt you did. Roll Eyes

I have tried it... and no sign of the santa hats Sad
Binkles
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: 2011 February 04, 13:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i tried to download the Future shock set from here, and i got an error message telling me to update my game...  i have the latest patch.. why does it say that for? Sad
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: 2011 February 04, 14:42:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who need the Olympian Physique lot by itself in sims3pack, it's up on the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3685777
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: 2011 February 04, 18:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The...  Exchange?

Okay, I can overlook people who still like the Launcher, but I have to put my foot down over suggesting using the Exchange.  BURN THE HERETIC!

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: 2011 February 04, 18:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok.  I've armed my catapult with flammable tarpainted boulders and am ready to light them and let fly at EA.  Why?
IN June 2010, Store downloads broke on Windows 7 32 bit - I can't download from the store.  ****GRRRRRR****  I had a bunch of simpoints simpoints and 'purchased' stuff but it won't download to my game's computer. The download pretends to start, goes through the motions of downloading, creates a boatload of unuseable TMP files in the download directory and then fails, directing me to "See Log for details" - Said invisible log is hidden in an unknown location. 

Yea, I wasted hours going through all EA's steps of uninstalling the game, removing remnants from the registry, reinstalling TS3, to no avail.  The game works fine - Can't download the junk I bought.

Last November, I replaced my old drive with a new 2TB drive, format, new partition and completely installed everything from scratch and behold!  Store downloads worked again!  I downloaded a bunch of junk that was previously purchased and it worked! So I was happy for about a month. 

I was working on some base game buildings for a group CAW project at MTS and used the Anygame starter 3 so the buildings would be base game compatible and later, after stoopeedly spending $10 at the store to get some washing machines, I found that the ability to download from the store broke AGAIN!  *grrr*

I complained to EA again,  went through the uninstall/reinstall routine again, and it still failed.  I REFUSE to reformat my drive just to get rid of borked EADM download malfuntioning software. SO I demanded my $30 simpoints back and they said no.  We'll give you a coupon to buy stuff at the store.  *grrrrr*

So, thoroughly ticked off, I used my base game and installed that at work on my Windows 7 64bit workstation during lunch and was able to download my store junk.  I put that on a jump drive, took it home but the stoopeed launcher won't install it in the game.  It goes through the motions, but the content refuses to appear in the game.

So  I have  a bunch of SIms3packs, that I stoopeedly paid for, but which refuse to install on my game's computer.   How do I get these things to install?

Thank you for useful answers..  All others commenting on bad grammer/English, lack of ability to use search properly will be promptly targeted with flaming tarry boulders.

« Last Edit: 2011 February 04, 19:06:51 by porkypine » Logged
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: 2011 February 04, 19:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only put up the link for those who convert the store crap to package. It was the only way to grab the lot without the rest of the set items. Since it didn't work when converted to package, there's no other choice but to use the launcher to install it.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: 2011 February 04, 19:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All others commenting on bad grammer/English, lack of ability to use search properly will be promptly targeted with flaming tarry boulders.

This is not really the way to get things done around here.

porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: 2011 February 04, 20:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All others commenting on bad grammer/English, lack of ability to use search properly will be promptly targeted with flaming tarry boulders.

This is not really the way to get things done around here.

True, but I have been lurking and digging for the answer to this problem and have seen lots of newbies get chewed up for asking questions to which there is an answer somewhere in the bowels of Trogdor but to which I have not found the posting.  I dunno if that was good enough grammer for some here..   I was just prepping.   and I spent time looking for that fiery battlefield!    Grin

p.s.  will share the junk if anyone needs it.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: 2011 February 04, 21:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but I have been lurking and digging for the answer to this problem and have seen lots of newbies get chewed up for asking questions to which there is an answer somewhere in the bowels of Trogdor but to which I have not found the posting. 

No, I suspect you just don't like the answer. Decrapify fixes broken sims3packs, but they can't be shared. It's also not for idiots, because it will break your game if you don't bother to read.

I sing along with elevator music.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: 2011 February 04, 21:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Grammar".

spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: 2011 February 04, 21:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do not want to release no boulders on jeromycraig. Trust me on this.

porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: 2011 February 05, 05:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sends sheeply thanks to the crew here who are running away from kind sentiments.    Yep.  MATY is the place for answers.   Cool
simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: 2011 February 05, 05:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for useful answers..  All others commenting on bad grammer/English, lack of ability to use search properly will be promptly targeted with flaming tarry boulders.

It's probably an issue with EADM. Try uninstalling, deleting registry keys, restart the computer and then do a fresh reinstall using your latest bought CD, and then update it if necessary. If it's any consolation, at the moment, after a fresh reinstall and no CC, the launcher works on my computer only if I have EADM open first, it otherwise crashes. I had issues before where I couldn't even download patches or download/upload things to the exchange or download the free things from the store if I installed any of the new EP patches that updated the game without having installed the EP as well. The download/upload issue would usually be solved after installing a new EP/SP.  
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: 2011 February 05, 05:53:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sends sheeply thanks to the crew here who are running away from kind sentiments.    Yep.  MATY is the place for answers.   Cool

Use the butto...oh. You've outsmarted us again.

gotchan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: 2011 February 05, 06:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i tried to download the Future shock set from here, and i got an error message telling me to update my game...  i have the latest patch.. why does it say that for? Sad

That's very common with sims3packs. EA has less idea how their code works than some modders. Quite a few modders.

If you tried to install the sims3pack, don't. Use a package. There's one available in this very thread, or, if you're up to it, run the sims3pack through Delphy's Sims 3 Pack Multi-Extracter. It's available at Mod The Sims.

If you're going to be using mods or custom content at all (including EA store content) it will serve you well to learn how the game works and how to use some basic tools. Google, read, google, read, google, read.
porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: 2011 February 05, 06:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for useful answers..  All others commenting on bad grammar/English, lack of ability to use search properly will be promptly targeted with flaming tarry boulders.

It's probably an issue with EADM. Try uninstalling, deleting registry keys, restart the computer and then do a fresh reinstall using your latest bought CD, and then update it if necessary. If it's any consolation, at the moment, after a fresh reinstall and no CC, the launcher works on my computer only if I have EADM open first, it otherwise crashes. I had issues before where I couldn't even download patches or download/upload things to the exchange or download the free things from the store if I installed any of the new EP patches that updated the game without having installed the EP as well. The download/upload issue would usually be solved after installing a new EP/SP.  

Thanks. I've always thought EADM/anti-pirate crapola was the cause--and I have a legal, registered copy of the game. I have all EPs and SPs. I have uninstalled TS3, deleted the registry keys, rebooted, and looked at the registry again to make sure I got all of them.  I've reinstalled the game and patched them all - The thing that sucks in all this is the EADM always wants to download those huge EADM patches. I live out in the middle of nowhere on the back side of the Rockies and have satellite internet. It's terribly slow.  It kills my bandwidth to reinstall several times and get the same patches over and over again - But I've done that maybe 5 or 6 times trying to fix it. Unfortunately, I have to wait freaking 30 days for the bandwidth usage meter to roll off.  So I've used the computer at the university in town to download what I could. The patches work but not the store content.

The launcher does work for the older stuff I downloaded before the store downloads broke,  It refuses to download newer stuff.

Lacking the EP/SP is not the issue,  I have them all except the Outdoor Living SP.  I went to EA and downloaded their latest EADM and will see if their newer version fixes the store downloader.

I've also gone through MATY stuff today and downloaded the s3rc busted store pack installer....  And the info about securom.  I'll see what's borked there.  I think it's a borked security lockout because I have lots of CC in my game.

I will do the standard EADM uninstall, cleanup and reinstall, see if that works, if not,  I'll clear out the securom junk and see if the EADM corrects itself. Then I'll come back here and report what worked (if anything)  But it will probably be a few weeks because I live out in the sagebrush sea where only the rumors of high Speed internet are heard.

p.s. Sheeply thanks  ;0)
porkypine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: 2011 February 05, 06:25:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the butto...oh. You've outsmarted us again.

Ahahahahahahahha  Yea.  I've been around the community for several years.  I normally don't post much here unless I need an answer to something to which I have not found the answer.   Baaaaaaaaa...   Grin
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: